the sun rune lied?????

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
eternal_sins

Re: the sun rune lied?????

Post by eternal_sins »

I thought this my own way. .
Maybe someone who is strong-willed and can equip 3 rune can control the Sun rune. .
What do I mean?? Here my explanation. .

Let say a Heroine, destiny to 'weild' the Sun Rune appeared.
From my point of view, unlike other True Runes, Sun rune is like, even if you are the chosen one, you can only
weild half of it power no matter how good you are. Where the other half gone too?
The Dawn and Twilight rune control another half.
So, what I'm trying to say is, the 'Heroine' will use the 3 rune.

Sun Rune-Head
Dawn Rune-Right
Twilight Rune-Left

With the combine power of the Guardian rune, the heroine loyalty to the Sun rune and being a strong-willed person,
The heroine completely pass the Sun RUne criteria and manage to control the Sun Rune. .

Get what I mean?
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The Creation Myth extension aside, the Dawn and Twilight Runes are meant to keep the Sun Rune's powers in check. Bearing all three at the same time is said to the key to ensure that one does not be affected by the Sun's impossible notion of justice and all that, as was the case with Arshtat and the ruler of Ancient Armes Dynasty.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Sometime I was wondering. . .
If the Sun Rune user were to bump into Edge (since he is the current owner or Night Rune),
I womder what will happen. . . a special scene?!
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

uh.... i suppose you'd get a scene if it were done in a game............
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

I always remember what Viki said when she first appeared. That made me start this thread, when she asked about which country this is and when she knew it was {Falena not Ancient Armes} she said something about this country seizing to exist in the future that she came from hence my question about the sune rune's blessing and destruction powers.

P.S
WHY DID KONAMI PLACE THOSE GODWINS WITH ARSHTAT IN THE FINAL CLIPS AND THE ENDING CREDITS!!!!!!!!
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Yeah, that whole end scene just bugged the hell out of me. I mean, Ferid & Arshtat, sure, makes perfect sense. Even Marscal, since he really believed that what he was doing was for the good of Falena, and really, his intentions were good. But Alenia, Zahhak and Gizel? Really? Alenia wasn't doing diddly crap for Falena, she was doing everything for the Godwins, and purely the Godwins. Zahhak...maybe, if he too believed thier actions for the good of the land, but the guy's so robotic, who knows what he's thinking.

And Gizel? Gizel is a bad person, pure and simple. Never once, until he was dying, did he do anything to even hint he cared a lick for the greater good, and he spends the entire game manipulating everyone around him. Sometimes, yeah for profit and personal gain, but there are plenty of moments where he's just bored and decides to mess with people. Unleashing deadly lizards to "greet" Sialeeds and the Prince outside Stormfist, threatening Miakis just to freak out Lym, even letting Lym try to bear the Sun Rune; dude just wanted to get her hopes up, even for a second, just to crush her even further. The man is evil, but Konami just couldn't let him be evil, they had to do a whole last second redemption bull session for no real reason. If Luca & Windy can be unapologetically evil, why not Gizel? Why spend all that time with those endless "Meanwhile, at the bad guys' place" scenes if a few dying words are supposed to make us not hate him?

I didn't get it. It was a weird and awkward scene that really hurt an otherwise satisfying ending.

Oh, and Viki jumps through time, so nothing she says in her confusion can be taken too seriously. Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall, so Viki could have recently been at any point in the future where Falena is but a memory; in fact, she could even conceivably end up in a time where even Harmonia is long gone. Just because a place is no longer there in the future doesn't mean it was wiped out by a rune, there are hundreds of explanations for why that particular piece of land is not called The Queendom of Falena at some indeterminate time in the future. Or, Viki could just be a space cadet who forgets the existance of entire countries. Wouldn't surprise me.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
LunasMeow

Post by LunasMeow »

Crowetron wrote:Oh, and Viki jumps through time, so nothing she says in her confusion can be taken too seriously. Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall, so Viki could have recently been at any point in the future where Falena is but a memory; in fact, she could even conceivably end up in a time where even Harmonia is long gone. Just because a place is no longer there in the future doesn't mean it was wiped out by a rune, there are hundreds of explanations for why that particular piece of land is not called The Queendom of Falena at some indeterminate time in the future. Or, Viki could just be a space cadet who forgets the existance of entire countries. Wouldn't surprise me.
I agree, Falena could have fallen for any reason. The peaceful future wouldn't last forever after all. Maybe some fool took control of the rune without using the Dawn and Twilight runes and did like the one in the past and destroyed the whole place again. Doesn't matter if it's a hundred years or three thousand. Not to mention how the crazy cape lady (Zerase) laughed to herself when the people said they were sure that nothing like the events of S5 would ever happen again. It's called foreshadowing.

Funny thing about Viki though, I don't think that Viki is as much of a spaz as everyone thinks. She lets out some pretty strange stuff at times and then pretends not to know about it. Some of that can be put down to her time travel (like not remembering Lorelai and Killey even though she gets them out of the twilight ruins), but do you remember when (S5) Hero is walking around the castle at night (what's his face with the red hair busts in and says one of the girls are gonna "get it" before the final battle) if you speak to Viki she offers to take you away from it all to a magical place where no one will ever find you. Of course you turn her down automatically so we can't get a glimpse of it (probably her true home and konami doesn't want to let us see it just yet... if ever) but if you speak to her again she pretends to not know what you're talking about. Yeah I think she's a bit of an airhead, but not at all times. I think somethimes she uses that to her advantage and plays the fool.