If Flik had the chance...

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
WichitaQ

Re: If Flik had the chance...

Post by WichitaQ »

though it would have been a futile endeavour, probably. after all, Soul Eater would have simply found a way to get her soul again, meaning that she would die (again) after some (relatively short) amount of time.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Yes. He'd definitely want to.
But I think it'll play out like most cases.
  • He's go back because this is his chance.
    He's try to convince her not to do some of the things she was doing without telling her that she's gonna die.
    He'll be around more often or whatever
    And when it comes down, either he'll try to prevent it and it'll still somehow happen or he'd not be able to stop it because it's 'written in the stars' or something like that.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well he's been moping over her long enough, I should think he would take the opportunity to revive her.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I don't think he would, at least not after Suikoden 2. In the first game he was hot headed and probably would do it, but since then, he's matured and made his peace with her death and understands that she died for a greater cause. He want to make her proud, and un-doing everything that was achieved in the Gate Rune War would be too selfish of an act for a noble warrior like Flik.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Ive wondered if Flik was bothered by the fact that Gremio was revived...I mean, he didnt really have that much interaction with Gremio and I dont think they were even that close. I wonder if he wished that it was Odessa being brought back to life rather than Gremio (Yes, I know Odessa isnt a SoD and Leknaat could only revive a SoD but still)
"You will never be strong if you consider yourself weak" - Cleo, Suikoden
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Yeah, Odessa would have been a good choice for a person to revive, and I'm sure she would have loved to see the Liberation Army come as far as it had, but bringing her back wouldn't benefited the army or Tir. The two weren't that close, and it wouldn't make much sense to revive her just for Flik's sake. She fulfilled her purpose and passed leadership to Tir. Gremio on the other hand was much closer to Tir and his dead was a huge blow to the moral of not just the army but the leader as well.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Thats why I simply said I "wonder" if Flik would have thought about that to some extent. I dont wish to start a debate on if its possible/worth it :P

Its interesting to speculate though. Gremio meant more to the story than he did in battle scenarios, I wonder if that was the intention of the game creators. Although it might have been more frustrating if Gremio was one of the most powerful characters in the game, then you lose him for 2/3 of it ha!
"You will never be strong if you consider yourself weak" - Cleo, Suikoden
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Oh but you shall, a debate is what forums are meant for. A debate where people are respecting each other's opinion, that's a good debate and no shame in having.