Suikoden 3 Manga

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
kenobi

Suikoden 3 Manga

Post by kenobi »

Regarding the event in s3 manga.Is the events happening in s3 manga official?like hugo becoming the true fire rune bearer,geddoe lightning,chris water and so on..

the real question is.if it's official then what happen in volume 10 concludes the end of yuber right?geddoe killed yuber??

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Generally, the manga and novels in general are one person's perspective with the backing of Konami. Although it's been highly suggestive that Hugo is indeed the second Flame Champion (Chris; Water, Geddoe; Lightning), it's not been officially stated by Konami with either a notice or a game set after III.

And about Geddoe attacking Yuber, I've never got that far, personally, however many people have said that Yuber runs. But I wouldn't know.
Falqueene

Post by Falqueene »

From what I understand, things like the Suikoden 3 manga, and the novels for some of the other games, are just given the "go ahead" by Konami, what happens in them isn't "official". For example, the first two hero's names being "Tir" and "Riou", weren't these just the names given to them in the novels?

For the Geddoe killing Yuber bit, it looks to me that Yuber teleports away ((kind of messily, but it looks like he gets away)), he even says something along the lines of "you can't kill me" after he leaves.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I never read the entire manga of Suikoden 3, but I do know in the actual game itself Yuber escapes. And since he was one of the SODs in S3, his ending information said something about appearing before the ruins with a bunch of mirages. I am pretty sure a novel or manga can't contradict offical information of a video game.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

I've read somewhere that Chris was ment to be the next fire champion.

I can't remember where it was either now though.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I don't know if they ever offical announce the next flame champion or not. But the chances are that Hugo may be it, just how his POV played out in the game.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Falqueene

Post by Falqueene »

EternalOnslaught wrote:I don't know if they ever offical announce the next flame champion or not. But the chances are that Hugo may be it, just how his POV played out in the game.
Not to mention that the game's opening features Hugo fighting the Fire Rincar.
Chris does have an extra scene when she's the Flame Champion, but it seems more likely that Hugo would be the official Flame Champ. Also, there's less rune-swapping with him ((Geddoe's rune jumping to Hugo when he takes the True Fire Rune, and with Chris, it looks as though she was trying to take the True Water Rune while already bearing the True Fire Rune)).
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

you could be completely right, I always picked chris just because I liked her, and it was nice to ahve a female lead.. maybe i'll pick hugo next time. =)
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

I do believe Hugo is the official FC, even before the manga was made it seemed that he seemed tailored to it. Luc's comment about his eyes being like Tir and Riou's, the fact that Geddoe already has the TLR, and Chris inheriting the TWR from Jimba/Wyatt also makes sense.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Intraman

Post by Intraman »

Yuber doesn't get killed in the manga.. He does what he does best, run away. Geddoe is able to "hurt" yuber but only to the point where Yuber is inraged enough to flee.
But yeah the manga is great and that is a wonderful fight scene.