How many 108 stars can there be at once

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

How many 108 stars can there be at once

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

before you begin reading this i just want to say that i lack a lot of information to support this theory but maybe i just missed what i needed by overlooking the idea. anyway down to the point. does anyone find it possissble that in the suiko world the the 108 stars are usually 1 group in itself and that there could be a possissblity that there's another group of seperate 108 stars at the same time somewhere else. say perhaps maybe even waging war against one another. like in s2 riou was a leader like jowy was a leader. riou led a nation just like jowy led a nation. both of them shared the same rune. both of them add a lot of important people in their armys. seeing as how we could only fight with riou we don't know all jowy's army. what if perhaps he had 108 stars of destiny in his army. if so i'm sure jilia, culgan, seed, pilikia, leon, yuber, lucia all would have been stars including those we never got a chance to see that could have most certainly been part of his army. Same as S1 when your fighting the empire. Barbossa (please excuse my spelling) could have been a leader just like tir. we know that regardless if the character is a trader or not they remain a star. so why can't kasim, rwanda, milich, sonya all have been stars on both sides. along with wendy being a star just for the empire along with teo and oh dude that lets you go through the gate at the begining i forgot his name. but think about it could it not be possissble. lenkaat always tells the tenkai star that his fate his in his hands yet unchangeable so couldn't the tenkai be destined for failure because that's his fate so that another could prevail. well just throwing that out there
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Nash was in the unicorn brigade in suikoden 2 and he was a star of destiny in suikoden 3. So I guess a person becomes a SOD when its there time to be 1. Lots of characters have returned as SOD for more than 1 war{viki,jeane,viktor,flik ect ect} and I think the reason for this is because being a SOD for a certain war is predetermined, if Jeane is in suikoden 6 as a SOD then its because she is destined to be in it, some people are meant to be stars once and some people are meant to keep that position for a while

im also of the oppinion that there can be 2 or more sets of 108 sod fighting in different locations

Please remember that this is all my oppinion and I really have nothing to back it up
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Wow... I think it's completely plausible that Riou and Jowy fighting could be two sets of SOD's...
sooooo
maybe Konami could release an alternate S2 where you play as Jowy and can turn the tide and beat Tir...?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:Wow... I think it's completely plausible that Riou and Jowy fighting could be two sets of SOD's...
sooooo
maybe Konami could release an alternate S2 where you play as Jowy and can turn the tide and beat Tir...?
Yes, but that idea will remain on your MAYBE and i will be happy. That would be comercial thing to sell to us fans, not cultural perfection like Suikoden 2 itself. :wink:
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

i seriously doubt konami would ever do that simply because it's official that riou prevails where as jowy fails. if they did it would be similiar to s3 when you could play with luc yet not actually defeat the final party because you couldn't change the official ending.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

There could only be 1 set of 108 stars at a given time, I saw someone post that here a year ago or a couple.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

ok if someone did, then what info was it that confirmed that there can only be 1 set cause i'd like to know
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

I'm pretty sure there can only be one gathering of the stars at any one time.

Can't be arsed to cite sources though ;D
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

one gathering per major war/ conflict?
The suikoden series is all about Rebellion against the Ruling Force.
Tir rebelled against Scarlet Moon Empire.
Riou rebelled against Highland.
Hugo rebelled against Harmonia/Luc's imaginary army.
Lazlo rebelled against Koluuk.
Kyril rebelled against the Patriachal Faction.

John Locke, Treatise on Government- When your leaders fail you, you can REBEL! Off with their heads! To the gallows!.... you get the idea.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:Hugo rebelled against Harmonia/Luc's imaginary army.
Kyril rebelled against the Patriachal Faction.
Hugo didn't rebel against anything. He took the banner of a half-century old hero to untie the forces of Zexen and Grasslands to push back Harmonia.
And Kyril didn't have a 108 set.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

yeah i believe you should have thought out your statement more clearly before listing, riou didn't rebel against highland he joined the city state and defended the city state, lazlo also defended against the kooluk empire not rebel. tir did rebel, nor did kyril. but what you couldn't state was that the possisblility is actuall, all you said was one gathering per conflict. that doesn't support anything, you might as well have said 2 gatherings per conflicts or 3 gatherings for conflicts. what i'm saying is you lack info to back up 1 gathering per conflict. what i want to add is when their is a major conflict theres always major people on the other side that can too be a star of destiny.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

WRB, you state that you want proof there can be only one gathering of SoDs at one point in history.

However, if we take it from a neutral point of view, we notice that there is only one gathering of SoD at once. One proof of point: Tablet of Stars (albiet absent from IV, so you could argue there's more than one in that example).

So, we know for a fact that there is only one gathering of 108-SoD at any one time. That is all we have evidence for.

You come along and state that it's possible for there to be more than one SoD at once and that others need to prove you wrong. However, as you provide and active statement, you need to provide proof to back up your own statement before anyone else even has to consider disproving you.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Do we know for sure that there is only one Stone Tablet of Promise in existence?
EnigmaticThief

Post by EnigmaticThief »

I think that there can be multiple Tablets of Stars at the same time. For example, in Suikoden III the Tablet was never formally "given" to the SoD, it was found. And in volume 6 of the manga we see Luc and co. visiting the Tablet before any of the other Stars even know it exists. We don't know how long ago it was made, but as long as Leknaat foresaw it she could create it. However, Leknaat's scrying abilities can't foretell every detail, and events may take a sudden turn towards chaos. It's feasable that two major conflicts could be occurring simultaneously that involve Stars of Destiny, given how large the world of Suikoden is; they just have to involve the True Runes in one way or another.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

If I'm not mistaken, it has been said before that there can only be 1 set of 108 SoD at one time. This is why some of the returning SoD are not in the Tablet of Stars when they returned. Those who are in the set are the ones who are directly involved.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.