True Runes & their counterparts

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

maybe not maybe it is who knows :p you cant proff its not it
bla
Iris

Post by Iris »

Actually, the Sunbeam Rune's symbol is far too different from the Sun Rune's to be related.

http://novaslash.free.fr/pages/runes.php

Sixth row, fifth one.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

and? the condemnation rune didnt look quiet that much like the punishment too so did not the beast rune to the true beast rune.

im not sayin it def is from the sun rune its just we dont know we dont have any facts and id like to keep it that way
bla
Iris

Post by Iris »

The artbook and I disagree with you.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/Qui ... G_0002.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/Qui ... G_0004.jpg

Ignore the first half of the first link. No, I don't know how you confuse True Fire for Dragon, either.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

I have to point out an technical error. That is that the Dawn and Twilight Runes are not children of the Sun Rune. They came from the pieces of severed bond between the Sun and Night Runes. Also, the Front and Back pieces of the Gate Rune aren't children of the Gate Rune. They are just halves of the Gate Rune.

Don't forget that the Resurrection Rune may have came from the Souleater Rune aka the Rune of Life and Death. I wonder did the Champion Rune come from the Sovereign Rune?

Two Beast Runes? The could at least call the lesser form the Animal Rune or the Jaguar Rune.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Iris

Post by Iris »

I think it's called the Magic Beast Rune, but I forget where I got that info from.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, they left out part of the name when translating it, or something. Searching Magic Beast Rune or some other variant will give you the source.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I was under the impression that the sunbeam did come the Sun Rune. The Dawn Rune heals people, so it wouldn't be a long shot if the sunbeam rune was related. Theory that it doesn't look like it is posh. ressurection is related to Souleater but doesn't look like it. The lightning doesn't look like True Lightning. So, just because they have lightning in their name, but don't look alike, they cannot be related according to your terms.
Iris

Post by Iris »

No, actually. I don't remember where I said it (here or a different site) but sometimes it's self explanatory- obviously, Lightning is related to True Lightning, and they lok similar: the Lightning Rune is a bolt of lightning and the TLR looks like a cluster or a discharge (maybe. I think. Either way they resemble each other). If you're bringing up the Dawn Rune, then the Twilight Rune is just a valid as saying that it isn't.

Also, Ressurection is related to Souleater? When did this happen?
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

Souleater is the Rune of Life and Death. Darkness rune would be one aspect of this and the ressurection rune would be the other. one giving life and the other giving death.

the lightning rune doesn't look like a bolt of lightning. It looks likt an electrical sword thingy. The True Lightning and regular lightning don't look alike. The only thing they have in common are the colours. But my point is just because the symbols don't look the same doesn't mean that they are not related.

The Sun Rune has destructive and healing powers. Why couldn't the sunbeam be a child of the Sun Rune?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Actually, Resurrection's origins have yet to be clarified.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

now that it is mentioned bright shield and black sword are not child of the begginning rune. the begginning rune was split into two. thus showing wat was in the begginning the brothers sword and shield. suikoden v runes dawn and twilight for me resembles so much with bright shield and black sword. dawn being much of a healer like bright shield and twilight being more offensive like black sword. i wonder why konami even did that. two brother runes one use to heal the other use to kill...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Eroschilles wrote:Souleater is the Rune of Life and Death. Darkness rune would be one aspect of this and the ressurection rune would be the other. one giving life and the other giving death.
Except that Resurrection's original name would have been more along the line of "Exorcism". Something that is effective against Undead types might as well have been the product of the Night Rune, the true rune that rules over the creatures of the night.

Another perspective for speculation, nonetheless.
CJack14dt

Beasts

Post by CJack14dt »

Wouldn't all of the animal runes (Viper, Falcon, Boar, Unicorn, Lion, etc.) all fall under the Beast Rune? They are all in fact beasts.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

those runes are more like just special attacks/skills rather than natural runes... i wouldn't bother classifying most of them.