True Runes & their counterparts

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

This may be a little off-topic, but I thought I heard from somewhere that the purpose of the Twilight/Dawn rune was to negate the effect that the sun rune had on the user AKA inducing rapid insanity. I might be wrong if so, feel free to correct me. Right - Dawn, Left - Twilight, Head - Sun
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Falqueene

Post by Falqueene »

For all the unclassified runes, it could be possible to predict future True Runes as well. There were regular elemental runes before the true versions were introduced in the third game.

:: For example ::
The jangular and doremi runes would make the most sense coming from a true music-type rune. Or, they could go off on a tangent and be related to the Cirlce Rune.
We're also due for a true plant-type rune, to oppose the beast rune and to give an origin to the white saint rose and red rose runes.

Someone also mentioned the blinking rune coming from the Gate Rune, I always thought in would make more sense for it to have a connection with the Rune of Change.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

I would seriously doubt that the Blinking Rune has any relation to the Gate Rune, but since we have no idea what powers the Rune of Change posseses I can't say that it has no relation to it.

I am almost certain there would be a True Rune governing plant life and a True Rune governing forms of sound and space.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Falqueene wrote:For all the unclassified runes, it could be possible to predict future True Runes as well. There were regular elemental runes before the true versions were introduced in the third game.

The jangular and doremi runes would make the most sense coming from a true music-type rune. Or, they could go off on a tangent and be related to the Cirlce Rune.
We're also due for a true plant-type rune, to oppose the beast rune and to give an origin to the white saint rose and red rose runes.

Someone also mentioned the blinking rune coming from the Gate Rune, I always thought in would make more sense for it to have a connection with the Rune of Change.
The Red Rose Rune is a command rune and was not born from a true rune rather it was created by a person. The White Saint Rune however, is a magic and comes from a true rune and most likely a unknown true rune. Sound is a recently introduced element and may have a true rune also.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

We can't even be certain that the White Saint Rune came from a True Rune's power. It might simply be a skill inherent to Sigfried, a unicorn, which is innately magical.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Falqueene wrote:For all the unclassified runes, it could be possible to predict future True Runes as well. There were regular elemental runes before the true versions were introduced in the third game.

I'm also pretty sure, that the derived lower-class rune of the gate rune would have to be the blue gate/pale moon rune. The similarities are more than any other rune I can think of.

As the blinking rune, The Prophet, me and Rune Of Illusion has already disscuss what the blinking rune could be derived of in another topic. Pretty much, an undiscovered true rune at the moment.

And it is also very possible that The Beast Rune gave birth to the Magic Beast rune/animal rune/cursed rune which made its debut in S5 on Ernst.
The Prophet wrote:We can't even be certain that the White Saint Rune came from a True Rune's power. It might simply be a skill inherent to Sigfried, a unicorn, which is innately magical.
Exactly, same with the Shining Wind Rune that was on Fubar and I also think Feather from S2. These may be runes that certain mythologcal or sacred creatures are born with or acquire somehow.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
genso19

Re: True Runes & their counterparts

Post by genso19 »

@Iris

the second link that you gave has a very big mistake, the first one at the bottom is True Fire, then True Water, True Wind, True Lightning, then the Dragon Rune, I suppose that the True Earth is before True Fire so it's not shown. Hope this clear up the mistake in the picture

Wikipedia gave an accurate (In my opinion) details about this, here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_True_Runes

it is also said that: "Due to a translation error, the Beast Rune appears in both Suikoden II and Suikoden V, however the rune which appears in Suikoden V is actually the child rune of the one which appears in Suikoden II."
"Hey, listen up! These Godwin traitors got no respect for justice. And sure, sometimes justice is just a little word. But sometimes justice is three feet of sharp steel smashing in your face. Now, let's go get 'em!"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: True Runes & their counterparts

Post by KFCrispy »

genso19 wrote:Wikipedia gave an accurate (In my opinion) details about this, here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_True_Runes

it is also said that: "Due to a translation error, the Beast Rune appears in both Suikoden II and Suikoden V, however the rune which appears in Suikoden V is actually the child rune of the one which appears in Suikoden II."
how is this accurate? since when did Ernst's rune officially become "the child rune" of the True Beast Rune?