The 10 remaining True Runes

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
tleilaxu

The 10 remaining True Runes

Post by tleilaxu »

ok... ideas on what the 10 remaining unrevealed true runes may be?

I suggest...

A True Holy Rune (which is the origin of the resurrection and other anti-undead runes)

A Teleportation Rune, the source of the Blinking Rune (or perhaps the blinking rune is from the rune of change)

A Martial Rune, the source of all the fighting runes

A Bird Rune and Leviathan Rune, to be associated with the Beast Rune.

A Love Rune, the source of the Charming Rune.

A Way Rune or Balance Rune, which is associated with the Hachifusa Rune and taoist yin-yang stuff. Perhaps Peshmerga bears this rune.

A Cosmos/Void/Ether Rune which is associated with the celestial voids or something.

A Tree Rune or Plant Rune or something like that.

---

Note, I gave reasons for why we could expect some of these runes (special runes like charming, blinking, etc should be associated with a True Rune like Shield to Bright Shield, Fire to True Fire, etc), others are just pure speculation on my part. What do the rest of you think?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

There is a thread like this around here somewhere, I know because I created it. Also there is alot of unjustified speculation on your part. Why a bird rune on the Beast rune while the Beast Rune is a true rune itself? Also the Hachifusa rune IS a True rune. A cosmos voice or ether rune would then be the Gate Rune.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ossibility
tleilaxu

Post by tleilaxu »

Wraith wrote:There is a thread like this around here somewhere, I know because I created it. Also there is alot of unjustified speculation on your part. Why a bird rune on the Beast rune while the Beast Rune is a true rune itself? Also the Hachifusa rune IS a True rune. A cosmos voice or ether rune would then be the Gate Rune.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ossibility
I mean, if you Birds, Beasts, and Fish. In mythology, the Leviathan and Behemoth are associated with one another. If you have a Beast Rune, doesn't it follow that you may have a True Rune governing aquatic creatures and maybe a true rune governing avians?

The Hachifusa Rune is a true rune. Yuber bears it and has a special relationship with Peshmerga. WOuldn't it make sense for peshmerga to also bear a true rune? As Yuber is associated with destruction and all the bad things that happen when taoist principles are out of balance, perhaps peshmerga exists to maintain the balance? something like that.

also, i'm not talking about descent regarding the proposed leviathan rune in the sense that the True Fire births Rage and Fire, Punishment births Condemnation, and Night births Star. I'm saying that some true runes have affinities with other true runes (the 5 elemental runes, the sun and night runes, etc)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I mean, if you Birds, Beasts, and Fish. In mythology, the Leviathan and Behemoth are associated with one another. If you have a Beast Rune, doesn't it follow that you may have a True Rune governing aquatic creatures and maybe a true rune governing avians?
A Beast is a beast. If there would be seperate True Runes for Birds, Fish, Reptiles then we no longer need to speculate. The Beast Rune dousn't even nessicerally govern beasts, it at least governs animalistic rage and passion.
The Hachifusa Rune is a true rune. Yuber bears it and has a special relationship with Peshmerga. WOuldn't it make sense for peshmerga to also bear a true rune? As Yuber is associated with destruction and all the bad things that happen when taoist principles are out of balance, perhaps peshmerga exists to maintain the balance? something like that.
Pesmerga needs not bear a True RUne. Thats just fanboy mentality.
tleilaxu

Post by tleilaxu »

Wraith wrote: A Beast is a beast. If there would be seperate True Runes for Birds, Fish, Reptiles then we no longer need to speculate. The Beast Rune dousn't even nessicerally govern beasts, it at least governs animalistic rage and passion.
perhaps then it governs all animals. or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with actual animals and there is a "Animal" Rune out there somewhere.
Pesmerga needs not bear a True RUne. Thats just fanboy mentality.
no need to be grumpy.

in previous suikodens yuber and peshmerga have been set up as antiparellel. when speculating, one must accpt the explanation that is easiest and makes most sense. it is the easiest explanation of their relationship that if yuber represents chaos and imbalance peshmerga would represent the opposite IE harmony and balance. since Hachifusa, the Eightfold Rune has Taoist implications, it makes sense to explain their relationship in the context of Taoist principles of harmony.

what about a True Holy Rune which births Resurrection and Love Rune which births Charm?
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I think ressurection runes are from the Soul eater.

since the Soul Eater does covern life and death.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I think I'll let further conversation about this topic take place in the thread linked by Wraith.
I hope everything is going delicious.