SuikoIII Luc and Sarah *spoiler

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
LeeMcDohl

SuikoIII Luc and Sarah *spoiler

Post by LeeMcDohl »

Hi!

Can anybody tell me what really happen after Luc and Sarah died?
I remembered that their spirits (or something like that) are floatingn around Leknaat.

Do you think they are going through a reincarnation process?
"... in the end, terms such as "victory" or "defeat" will be irrelevant"
~Bishop Sasarai
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

They're dead, end of story.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You know, when you actually see someone's soul ascend to heaven you can consider that a pretty definitive end. It's kinda hard to bounce back from and doesn't leave room for much interpretation.

And when has anyone in Suikoden been reincarnated ever? Why would they start now?
Buff

Post by Buff »

crowley and mazus have been reincarnated after their verocious battle.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I think the word you're looking for is ferocious, and whether they've been reincarnated or not is up for debate, my friend.
I hope everything is going delicious.
LeeMcDohl

Post by LeeMcDohl »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:I think the word you're looking for is ferocious, and whether they've been reincarnated or not is up for debate, my friend.
Maybe you're right but still konami shows the death of the two in an interesting way.
If I'm not wrong Leknaat did say something about the 2 right when their souls were floating around?
I forgot what did she say though.

NB:
Why Luc and Sarah still be considered as Star of Destiny while they're actually acting against the true rune?
( just came up in my mind)
~Bishop Sasarai
Buff

Post by Buff »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:I think the word you're looking for is ferocious, and whether they've been reincarnated or not is up for debate, my friend.
thanks for the correction.
If I'm not wrong Leknaat did say something about the 2 right when their souls were floating around?
I forgot what did she say though.
don't know the exact quote she used, but she pretty much forgave them.
Why Luc and Sarah still be considered as Star of Destiny while they're actually acting against the true rune?
that is one thing i never understood about that. they added luc, sarah, yuber and albert as a sod and even had dead people still count as the 108 stars.
LeeMcDohl

Post by LeeMcDohl »

that is one thing i never understood about that. they added luc, sarah, yuber and albert as a sod and even had dead people still count as the 108 stars.[/quote]

Yun was dead but still be considered as star of destiny.
I thought it's probably because she contributed herself to the rune in order to protect it.
(so is other dead people from suiko1,2)

But Luc,Sarah,Albert and Yuber are actually endagered the true rune.
Correct me if I;m wrong but I thought the stars of destiny are suppose to protect the true rune?!
~Bishop Sasarai
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

LeeMcDohl wrote:But Luc,Sarah,Albert and Yuber are actually endagered the true rune.
Correct me if I;m wrong but I thought the stars of destiny are suppose to protect the true rune?!
Okay, you're wrong. Stars of Destiny and True Runes don't neccessarily go hand-in-hand, it just so happens that true rune bearers are often SODs aswell. There are, however, plenty that are not, for instance; Barbarossa, Neclord and Windy to name but a few.

Stars of Destiny are eveidently there to shape destiny (from either side of the conflict), as is shown by the antagonists of Suiko III being Stars of Destiny themselves.
LeeMcDohl

Post by LeeMcDohl »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
LeeMcDohl wrote:But Luc,Sarah,Albert and Yuber are actually endagered the true rune.
Okay, you're wrong. Stars of Destiny and True Runes don't neccessarily go hand-in-hand, it just so happens that true rune bearers are often SODs aswell. There are, however, plenty that are not, for instance; Barbarossa, Neclord and Windy to name but a few.

Stars of Destiny are eveidently there to shape destiny (from either side of the conflict), as is shown by the antagonists of Suiko III being Stars of Destiny themselves.
Thanks for correcting me.
It does make more sense now.
Barbarossa,Neclord or Windy probably don't count because they don't try to change destiny, however the stars of destiny do.
~Bishop Sasarai
Zulias

Hmmm

Post by Zulias »

Resurrections that have occured.
This has spoilers. If you do not want to read spoilers, do not read this post.

Suikoden 1: Gremio
*spoiler deleted*

Hey, look, Leknaat does the resurrection in 1.

And all the 108 stars of destiny came together, they can then revive one of the stars. My money's on Sarah, personally, as Luc doesn't really want to come back, in my mind. However, that is complete conjecture. However, there is precedent.
Last edited by Zulias on Fri May 12, 2006 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Hey, look, Leknaat does the resurrection in 1.
Well I think the Soul Eater played a huge part in the ressurection. Probably the largest one. Remember it IS the Rune of Life and Death. And Gremio's soul was in the Soul Eater.

And don't include S5 spoilers regardless of warning. To give an example why: Lemmy claypool hasn't played S5 yet, but he has to edit that spoiler out so if he needs to delete it he'll read it. Thus spoiling him regardless of warning.

The least you could do is use [spoiler] type warning.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I think it is very wrong to say the SoDs dont go hand in hand with True Runes. The 108 SoDs CHANGE the True Runes completly! In each game pretty much. (except for 3...but that whole game was confused when it came to SoDs)
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Well I think the Soul Eater played a huge part in the ressurection. Probably the largest one. Remember it IS the Rune of Life and Death. And Gremio's soul was in the Soul Eater.
If you play through suikoden 1 and get all 108 stars...Leknaat mentions that what she's about to do can only happen once. And Gremio was revived. But, there are obvious other ways of revival. *Spoiler deleted*

Lemmy's edit: In future do not post Suikoden V spoilers outside the Suikoden V Plot & Settings forum. I could have done without knowing that little nugget of information myself, thanks.
Airgil

Post by Airgil »

Since Luc and Sarah challenged fate, Leeknat sayd that their souls would be lost forever or something like that; but when the 108 stars of destiny gathers together, then the fate itself may be changed.
So Leeknat sayd that thanks to the 108 stars, their souls will be able to rest in peaace.

In the first Suikoden the 108 stars allow Gremio to be resurrected, but only thanks to the Soul Eater.

So the resurrection itself is not totally related to the 108 stars; without the SE it is not possible. And be sure to not confuse "resurrection" with "major healing".