Old Book Texts

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
patapi
Forum Moderator

Old Book Texts

Post by patapi »

Some of these texts sure are interesting reads, when it comes to explaining some mysteries in the series.

Like why the Night Rune turned into the Star Dragon Sword (ZOMGzodiac!) in the first place. Very interesting.

And, of course, finally a text that clears up the confusion behind Dawn and Dusk Runes' status as a something between a normal rune and a true rune.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Feel free to elaborate a bit on those.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yes, patapi, I'm highly enticed now that you've put the lure out there.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yes....please? I wouldn't mind hearing some old book spoilers as logn as it dosen't mess with the overall story of suikoden 5

star dragon sword old book? .....CANT WAIT!!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I was attempting to get someone better to translate it, but hey. Anyway, here's a gist of Volume 2. Any correction would be most welcome.

Volume 2: The Sun and Night Runes

It's said that the two True Runes coexisted and together they governed the Light and Darkness aspects of the world. The "Bond" that connected them was the strongest. But, some time later, the Night Rune began to resent the brilliant radiance of the Sun Rune, that it transformed into a sword (Star Dragon Sword) and left for who knows where.

Thus, this "Bond" that they shared was shattered. Supposedly, Dawn and Dusk Runes came into being from the fragments of this "Bond". As Sun Rune was said to have lost half of herself due to the ordeal, the two runes decided to continue accompanying her in Night Rune's stead -- protecting her.

Or something like that. Sounds more like an extension of the Creation Myth, doesn't it?
Last edited by patapi on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Wow thats awsome! thanks patapi!

so the sun rune and night rune were partners or lovers or something..and star dragon sword got jealous and left!

wait does that mean dawn and dusk are there kids??!!! OMG how insane is this?!

and whats worse is it all makes perfect sense! True runes are alive, they had a "Bond" :wink: :wink: and from there bond came 2 lesser runes

wow the writings on the wall! this is amazingly cool and crazy!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Interesting. But, I thought the Dusk and Dawn Runes were officially True Runes from what I have heard. Very interesting indeed.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I wouldn't say that they're children of the two runes, but rather the part of the sun rune that was lost. Perhaps with the power of the dawn and dusk runes Arshtat is able to regain her senses since this book makes it seem this is the reason that the sun rune drives the bearer mad. I guess this also despells the thought that the two runes would create an additional true rune when combined and it also explains why it's said that the two runes support the sun rune.

Thank you, Patapi. Your translation was good enough, I assure you, since it doesn't take much to satiate the likes of us.
I hope everything is going delicious.