Best Buddy Blues

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Simeon wrote:Thats the best part of the suikoden series. I like it when the buddies become enemies or die. Its just so dramatic. Plus i love throwing the controller when you find out omg i just lost one of my strongest characters.
No--my favorite is thinking: "Wow--I wish that guy could join my team" knowing that it could happen, then Konami won't let it.

Anyway--back to the original topic.

You brought up jealousy in the main topic.

I think all friends are jealous of each other in one form or another. Ted was jealous of Tir because he had a normal childhood. Gremio was also jealous of Tir because soon he would be old enough to go through life without him. Jowy was jealous of Riou because he had more freedom. Lulu was jealous of Hugo because his mother didn't try to squeeze the air out of him. :lol: Anyway, Hugo had his mother's trust to go on that trip, and Lulu had to fight to get his mother to agree. I'd say a little jealousy there. And we all know Snowe was jealous of Lazlo. He was a nobody who could make friends--and the rich kid couldn't. Well, he could--he just never realized he had friends.

Except for Snowe--no one really acted on those jealousies. They just dealt with them as part of life.

I think that's why Snowe's different. His was a betrayal--instead of a loss of life. But like 1 and 2--the Hero was wrongly accused and had to run.
Playing Suikoden III......
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Well said Moonbay, well said. I agree with the wow, he is a cool character and i hope he joins. Thanks for agreeing with the jealousy issue. :D :D :D
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Well I dont think all friends are jealous of each other in a form or other. Not in real life nor in the games. According to suiko, is true Snowe, Ted, Lulu,... were jealous of the main character...but they are the ones that betray!! The main characters have many other true friends not jealous of them (in real life the proportion is usually inverted,je): Cleo,Nanami,Joe,Paula,Tal,...
Mad Prince of Highland wrote: Thanks for the view Fu Su, i lost friends moving away, and now you have re opened the scars!
:shock: :? Yes, it seems I have a talent for that. So feel free ppm me whenever you want to feel depressed :lol: .
No, seriously. That is what I meant when they want you to feel things while playing
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Fu Su Lu wrote:Well I dont think all friends are jealous of each other in a form or other. Not in real life nor in the games. According to suiko, is true Snowe, Ted, Lulu,... were jealous of the main character...but they are the ones that betray!! The main characters have many other true friends not jealous of them (in real life the proportion is usually inverted,je): Cleo,Nanami,Joe,Paula,Tal,...
Any time a person says or thinks: "I wish I had something that my firend has." That's jealousy. So, yes, all friends are jealous to a degree.
Playing Suikoden III......
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Moonbay wrote:
Fu Su Lu wrote:Well I dont think all friends are jealous of each other in a form or other. Not in real life nor in the games. According to suiko, is true Snowe, Ted, Lulu,... were jealous of the main character...but they are the ones that betray!! The main characters have many other true friends not jealous of them (in real life the proportion is usually inverted,je): Cleo,Nanami,Joe,Paula,Tal,...
Any time a person says or thinks: "I wish I had something that my firend has." That's jealousy. So, yes, all friends are jealous to a degree.
Off topic:
I dont think so. i mean is different this: Wow, look at my friend X, his new house looks great :shock: , Ií like to have one like his/her; instead of this: Look at his new house :evil: . Why the hell can I have that!?