SOD question

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
ArrowsAway

SOD question

Post by ArrowsAway »

i am quite confused about the SODs in suikoden..
Why do some True rune bearers have SOD? like the True water, Lightning Rune and some.. i am thinking that every True rune bearer has SOD to help him..
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I don't exactly understand your question. The SOD (Stars of Destiny) are not important in the aspect of simply being a True Rune Bearer. The Tenkai Star is the main SOD and just so happens to usually be a True Rune Bearer except for in Suikoden 3. The Tenkai Star usually has the other SOD following them. As far as being a True Rune Bearer, I believe it has to do with the Wheel of Fate, Order, Chaos and Destiny.
pesmerga786

Re: SOD question

Post by pesmerga786 »

ArrowsAway wrote:i am quite confused about the SODs in suikoden..
Why do some True rune bearers have SOD? like the True water, Lightning Rune and some.. i am thinking that every True rune bearer has SOD to help him..
Sorry but I dont understand. a true rune cant have a star of destiny. someone who bears a true rune could be a star of destiny
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

plus that means there could be millions of true runes. there are only 27. only specific people crucial to the story have true runes. like luc, leknaat, hero, etc.
ArrowsAway

Post by ArrowsAway »

so does this mean that a true rune bearer, being a SOD, doesn't necessarily need other SODs?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

To complete a 108 star of gathering and if they are the Tenkai star then yes. Otherwise no.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

If you are an SOD, no matter if you have a True Rune or not, you will already be part of the other SODs. Gathering the rest of the SOD or being a True Rune bearer has no relation to that fact. If you are a SOD you will automatically have 107 SODs related to you cosmicly. So, yes, one SOD does need the others regardless of being a True Rune Bearer or not.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

ArrowsAway wrote:so does this mean that a true rune bearer, being a SOD, doesn't necessarily need other SODs?
You have True Rune Bearer and Tenkai Star mixed up.

The Tenkai Star of Destiny is the one who gathers all the Stars together in order for their combined strength to achieve a certain destiny.

In Suikoden I: Tir McDohl, bearing the Soul Eater, gathered people together at the castle on Lake Toran.

In Suikoden II: Riou, bearing the Bright Shield Rune (which really isn't a True Rune), gathered people at the former village of North Window--on the lake.

In Suikoden III: Thomas, bearing no True Rune, gathered everyone at his castle--also on a lake...(what IS this?).

In Suikoden IV: Tenkai Star falls back to the Hero--Lazlo, who bears the Rune of Punishment--but he gathers everyone on board his ship...which is on the ocean.....

Those born under the Tenkai Star have the ability to gather people around them, and to lead them. I think Fukien says this in Suikoden I....
Playing Suikoden III......