blinking rune

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
anokosa

blinking rune

Post by anokosa »

right, i read the site, and found out that people arent sure if the blinking rune is a true rune or not. Well, it seems to be unattachable from viki, and it has the teleportation ability common to the true runes. but it might not have a mind of it's own, and it only has teleportation, so what's everyone elses opinion? please help me here, because im soooooo confused about it all!!
GenmaNinja

Post by GenmaNinja »

Its not a true rune because you can get multiple copies of it.
Throw your life away for justice.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

where?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

In Suikoden III:
- FC Hideaway. A group of 3 Copper Sun and 1 Nariqua drop it.
- Mt. Hei-Tou, Treasure Boss, in his chest
- Win from Guppo in the Library

I found this info on GameFAQs with a quick search.
GenmaNinja

Post by GenmaNinja »

In Suikoden II Viki has one equipped, and a Ninja in Rokkaku gives you one.
Throw your life away for justice.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

Its probally the true blinking rune and Viki made copies of it or like the true fire rune with fire runes around
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Humphrey wrote:Its probally the true blinking rune and Viki made copies of it or like the true fire rune with fire runes around
and you're basing this off of?
I hope everything is going delicious.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

Angelis_Taleria can i ask you what does basing mean i have no i dea in the world what it means if you tell me i will answer your question
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hmm, how to explain it in a way that will make you understand it

To base means you're laying down a foundation for a theory that actually makes sense. Supporting evidence, not something you just pulled out of nowhere.
I hope everything is going delicious.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

from dictionary.com:
The fundamental principle or underlying concept of a system or theory; a basis.
To put it simply what is your proof for this theory?

EDIT: Ah you beat me to it! lol

Although I don't think Viki, either Viki's, have a true Rune I do think that the area they originated from was perhaps affected by an True Rune. If their homeland exists on the same plane/dimension as the rest of Suikoworld that is.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

my proof for this theory is little viki she has a blinking rune but it can't be big viki's that makeing it a copy of the blinking rune ......or how the true fire rune has more then the fire rune making it a simple copy of the true fire rune
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Hmm, how to explain it in a way that will make you understand it

To base means you're laying down a foundation for a theory that actually makes sense. Supporting evidence, not something you just pulled out of nowhere.
another easy way to explain it= a synonym, compare

compare =base
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

The thing is the TR's are not so much copied as they give birth to lesser Runes such as TFR => Rage Rune => Fire Rune. As far as we know no one has made copies of TR's and I don't think any TR holder would want to. Those of evil alignments would want to keep the power to themselves for greed and those of good woldn't want to spread the Rune's influence like that.

Not to forget either that Viki is probably the last person to go around making anything, she's very airheaded and doesn't always know what she is doing. now it is possible that there is a True "Blinking" rune but I doubt either Viki has it.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

i don't mean copies like every spell but like ShardStar said runes formed from it that is want i meant to say .....i mean write
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

ShardStar wrote:Although I don't think Viki, either Viki's, have a true Rune I do think that the area they originated from was perhaps affected by an True Rune. If their homeland exists on the same plane/dimension as the rest of Suikoworld that is.
Do you think maybe their dimension was affected by the True Blinking Rune?

Or, rather, maybe the True Blinking Rune got out of hand, and before it could be contained completely, Viki's homeland was teleported into this dimension.

Sort of like the Lost City of Atlantis.
Playing Suikoden III......