blinking rune

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I know that, but game wise it is never equipped on him in his rune slot, in the first two, it's always just a regular wind rune. That was my point. That Viki could have a true blinking rune, just not have it show up on her slots because the one she has equipped is definetly not a true rune.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I wasn't really presenting my opinion, I was just giving some facts about Luc that other people over-looked. He said some factually incorrect things about Luc and the True Wind Rune, so I corrected him; I wasn't trying to get in on the discussion.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Jowy Atreides wrote:
Moonbay wrote:And, I could never understand Konami's deal with the True Wind Rune and Luc. Maybe they were still working out the kinks with their storylines, and when 3 came around, they thought "Hey! How about we make him have a True Rune. Not to mention--we'll drive our fans nuts!"
For some reason this wasn't addressed, so I'll talk about it. In the first game, whenever Luc uses his "Wind Rune" to summon the Golem, it should've said "True Wind Rune", based on the original text. In the second game during the battle with Luca, if you wait long enough Yuber and Sasarai's soldiers show up and Luc blows them away with his "True Wind Rune". He's always had the rune, but there are ways to miss the dialogue.
I just played II, does he say "True Wind Rune"?

I know he called upon the Wind Sylphs.
Playing Suikoden III......
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i know there was some dialogue there between luc and sasarai, so he might have said true wind
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Moonbay wrote:
Jowy Atreides wrote:
Moonbay wrote:And, I could never understand Konami's deal with the True Wind Rune and Luc. Maybe they were still working out the kinks with their storylines, and when 3 came around, they thought "Hey! How about we make him have a True Rune. Not to mention--we'll drive our fans nuts!"
For some reason this wasn't addressed, so I'll talk about it. In the first game, whenever Luc uses his "Wind Rune" to summon the Golem, it should've said "True Wind Rune", based on the original text. In the second game during the battle with Luca, if you wait long enough Yuber and Sasarai's soldiers show up and Luc blows them away with his "True Wind Rune". He's always had the rune, but there are ways to miss the dialogue.
I just played II, does he say "True Wind Rune"?

I know he called upon the Wind Sylphs.
yes, he most certaintly does, I cant find it but I had posted luc's exact words as seen in the game

somewhere on these boards...
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I wasn't really presenting my opinion, I was just giving some facts about Luc that other people over-looked. He said some factually incorrect things about Luc and the True Wind Rune, so I corrected him; I wasn't trying to get in on the discussion.
Ummm, just to clarify.....

I'm a girl.... :)

And, I don't recall him ever saying "True Wind Rune" in Suikoden I. Now, I'm going by the translated version, and just the game. I've never read the books, and, I don't understand Japanese--so no imports here.

So, my information may be incorrect, but isn't that how it's presented?

Just like Stallion's True Holy Rune--which it isn't.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

He was supposed to say True Wind based on the original Japanese, but instead he said "Wind Rune". It was supposed to be mentioned in Suikoden I as well, but it wasn't.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

and true holy rune is a misprint. it was supposed to say godspeed rune
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Moonbay wrote: And, I don't recall him ever saying "True Wind Rune" in Suikoden I.
The mistranslation where he's supposed to say "True", but dosen't, is when he's summoning the golem on Magicians Island.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea, he clearly mentions that his wnd rune is a true rune, in that fight with sasarai in suikoden 2
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

anokosa wrote:and true holy rune is a misprint. it was supposed to say godspeed rune
That was my point.

Suikoden I had a LOT of mistranslations. Kasios is a man--not a woman, and Stallion's Godspeed Rune became the "True Holy Rune."

See--that's all anyone had to say was: mistranslation.

So, why didn't they fix that with "True Holy" in II? Anyone know?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Probably because no one reported the error, or they used a different translation team; the Godspeed Rune was mistranslated again in Suikoden IV as the True Holy Rune.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

makes me wonder how they discovered the problem in tactics, I was amazed when I saw the god speed skill in tactics

I wonder if they will ever make that translation mistake again
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Probably because no one reported the error, or they used a different translation team; the Godspeed Rune was mistranslated again in Suikoden IV as the True Holy Rune.
Or, Konami probably figured they got themselves into a mess they're not sure how to get out of. They may think to suddenly change the name of the rune to its original name would confuse people.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

yea, or they just liked the name 'true holy rune'. i can understand why they could have got it wrong. It's supposed to be godspeed rune, so they may have translated god to holy/true holy.