blinking rune

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

That's about what i was thinking that there was a TR that got out of hand and either twisted that area of the world or as you said, teleported their land to Suikoworld. Anything is possible with that but I think it's logical to think some disaster befell Viki's homeland and she and LV are another affect from what happened to the homeland.

Do you think it's possible that the Blinking Rune (if it is the same rune responsible for being able to teleport your party) is the progeny of the Gate Rune => Pale Gate? The only basis for this is that the Gate Rune and Pale Gate's abilities on teleporting in monsters and the Blinking being able to teleport away enemies.

Or is it just more plausible there is an TR for the Blinking Rune's creation?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

ShardStar wrote:now it is possible that there is a True "Blinking" rune but I doubt either Viki has it.
I wouldn't put it past Konami. They've had plenty of true rune bearers have true runes you just didn't know they had. Luc had a regular wind rune for Suikoden I and II equipped on him and Geddoe had a regular Lightning rune equipped on him for the first half of Suikoden III, even though both had true runes the whole time we just didn't know about it. Viki could have a True Blinking rune that she uses to teleport you but only has a regular blinking rune equipped. She might not even know that she has a true rune as you said she is airheaded.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Oppenheimer wrote:
ShardStar wrote:now it is possible that there is a True "Blinking" rune but I doubt either Viki has it.
I wouldn't put it past Konami. They've had plenty of true rune bearers have true runes you just didn't know they had. Luc had a regular wind rune for Suikoden I and II equipped on him and Geddoe had a regular Lightning rune equipped on him for the first half of Suikoden III, even though both had true runes the whole time we just didn't know about it. Viki could have a True Blinking rune that she uses to teleport you but only has a regular blinking rune equipped. She might not even know that she has a true rune as you said she is airheaded.
OOOOO---good point. Since the True Runes tend to "govern" their hosts, perhaps Viki went "gaga" when the Rune attached to her...LOL

And, I could never understand Konami's deal with the True Wind Rune and Luc. Maybe they were still working out the kinks with their storylines, and when 3 came around, they thought "Hey! How about we make him have a True Rune. Not to mention--we'll drive our fans nuts!"

The only thing I could come up with about the True Rune on Geddoe was since the character was hiding it from others, Konami hid it from the player. And Geddoe had a regular Lightning Rune to cover up the lightning magic. So, it was story driven.

Now, if they could only explain why no one noticed he didn't age....
Playing Suikoden III......
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

moonbay wrote:OOOOO---good point. Since the True Runes tend to "govern" their hosts, perhaps Viki went "gaga" when the Rune attached to her...LOL

And, I could never understand Konami's deal with the True Wind Rune and Luc. Maybe they were still working out the kinks with their storylines, and when 3 came around, they thought "Hey! How about we make him have a True Rune. Not to mention--we'll drive our fans nuts!"

The only thing I could come up with about the True Rune on Geddoe was since the character was hiding it from others, Konami hid it from the player. And Geddoe had a regular Lightning Rune to cover up the lightning magic. So, it was story driven.

Now, if they could only explain why no one noticed he didn't age....

geddoe used a lightning rune for regular lightining spells, after geddoe automatically gets his true lightning rune the game still shows a regular lightning rune equiped on him, so that proves he was not using his true rune until he revealed it

and why would they be suspicious of geddoes age? they all met as mercenaries and geddoe looks like he's in his young 30's, you dont really age in appearance for a good 15 to 20 years when your around thta age, they probably all figured he was around that age and never said anything to him because of his personality, they had no reason to be suspicious of anything
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

if a true blinking rune is possibly what makes viki gagga, that might explain why little viki isnt so....airheaded, cause she hasnt gotten the true version yet
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

son_michael wrote:geddoe used a lightning rune for regular lightining spells, after geddoe automatically gets his true lightning rune the game still shows a regular lightning rune equiped on him, so that proves he was not using his true rune until he revealed it.
He didn't automatically get in in Suikoden III--he's had it for 50 years, so he hid it from others by having a normal lighting rune on his other hand. There's an old theatre trick where the audience knows more than the other characters--so although WE know about the True Lightning Rune on his hand--the other characters don't.

So, we basically said the same thing.
son_michael wrote:and why would they be suspicious of geddoes age? they all met as mercenaries and geddoe looks like he's in his young 30's, you dont really age in appearance for a good 15 to 20 years when your around thta age, they probably all figured he was around that age and never said anything to him because of his personality, they had no reason to be suspicious of anything
HAH! You don't age in appearance for a good 15 or 20 years around that age? Since when? I'm 37, and I have more gray hair than I did when I was 30. And this is just normal stress causing this. And, I would say being a mercenary is pretty stressful. (Especially with Ace and Joker fighting all the time.) But--here's Eike in the library, calling Geddoe "Captain Geddoe." "I recognized you from a sketch that's 50 years old." He never said--"Oh, must have been your father." Queen and Ace basically say, "Oh." And only Joker goes and takes a look at the picture.

So, why didn't anyone question him?
Playing Suikoden III......
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

maybe the true blinking rune muddled up viki's mmind so now she doesnt know it's a true rune. possible right?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

and if there is a True Blinking Rune, it could contain the mysteriously missing 4th level spell of the blinking Rune.

Much like Riou's special bright shield (not TR but from one) having the 4th level spell, while the ones you can buy unlimited in Suikoden 3 only goes to the 3rd level spell.
Strategy is the key to victory!
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

so it's possible right?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Possible but not definate, it's hard to tell since Viki teleports through Time and not just Space, she doesn't age as much because of this. So there is no way of knowing until one of the games or game designers say what it is.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Moonbay wrote:
son_michael wrote:geddoe used a lightning rune for regular lightining spells, after geddoe automatically gets his true lightning rune the game still shows a regular lightning rune equiped on him, so that proves he was not using his true rune until he revealed it.
He didn't automatically get in in Suikoden III--he's had it for 50 years, so he hid it from others by having a normal lighting rune on his other hand. There's an old theatre trick where the audience knows more than the other characters--so although WE know about the True Lightning Rune on his hand--the other characters don't.

So, we basically said the same thing.
son_michael wrote:and why would they be suspicious of geddoes age? they all met as mercenaries and geddoe looks like he's in his young 30's, you dont really age in appearance for a good 15 to 20 years when your around thta age, they probably all figured he was around that age and never said anything to him because of his personality, they had no reason to be suspicious of anything
HAH! You don't age in appearance for a good 15 or 20 years around that age? Since when? I'm 37, and I have more gray hair than I did when I was 30. And this is just normal stress causing this. And, I would say being a mercenary is pretty stressful. (Especially with Ace and Joker fighting all the time.) But--here's Eike in the library, calling Geddoe "Captain Geddoe." "I recognized you from a sketch that's 50 years old." He never said--"Oh, must have been your father." Queen and Ace basically say, "Oh." And only Joker goes and takes a look at the picture.

So, why didn't anyone question him?
well not everybody gets grey hair like that at such a young age but I see what your saying

concerning eike, captain geddoe is a captain of the mercenaries and his team might have just figured eike knew geddoe was the captain of the there unit, as for when eike starts mentioning geddoe in old documents and stuff...the reason why no one mentions anything is because no one really knows anything about geddoe so this new information is surprising but they all feel if there leader wants to tell them soemthing then he will on his own
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

hmmm. i get what shardstar means. it is possible, but no-where near definite, right?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yes, that's pretty much a quote. If you don't have anything new to add please don't post, anokosa. Just reiterating what others have said really isn't helpful. Thanks.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

ok. sorry oppenheimer.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Moonbay wrote:And, I could never understand Konami's deal with the True Wind Rune and Luc. Maybe they were still working out the kinks with their storylines, and when 3 came around, they thought "Hey! How about we make him have a True Rune. Not to mention--we'll drive our fans nuts!"
For some reason this wasn't addressed, so I'll talk about it. In the first game, whenever Luc uses his "Wind Rune" to summon the Golem, it should've said "True Wind Rune", based on the original text. In the second game during the battle with Luca, if you wait long enough Yuber and Sasarai's soldiers show up and Luc blows them away with his "True Wind Rune". He's always had the rune, but there are ways to miss the dialogue.