Gods

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

laugh out loud. i thought we could use shorthand. sorry. so, anyway, i dont remember any deity's in tinto mines. but you did say 'if i remember correctly', so does that mean theres a chance there is no deity?
Lite

Post by Lite »

There might be some belief of God's in the Suiko world. I remember in Suikoden I when you are ambushed at the kobold village by Imperial guards; to save Tir, Valeria makes one of the guards "swear to God" that if they take her they will leave Tir alone. The guard agrees and then orders the capture of Tir. Valeria responds with, "You swore to God." or something along those lines. The guard replies, "There are no Gods in these modern times." That statement implies that during some point there was a belief in Gods. It could have just been mistranslation, or something else along those lines. But, at some point in Valeria's life she heard of a belief in a God.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

anokosa wrote:laugh out loud. i thought we could use shorthand. sorry. so, anyway, i dont remember any deity's in tinto mines. but you did say 'if i remember correctly', so does that mean theres a chance there is no deity?
Wraith is probably right since there's not only a priest in Tinto but a church as well.
I hope everything is going delicious.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

i remember that bit, just. so yea i suppose there is/was gods in olden times. Maybe.....the true runes are incarnations of the gods. They represent the Gods. And have only a fraction of the Gods power.