Hachifusa theorie

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Wraith

Hachifusa theorie

Post by Wraith »

After reading the editorial again I wondered if the Eightfold rune is actually is based on that budhist thing. After that I wondered why Pesmerga has the same clothes. Now I come with a theorie.

Seeing Pesmerga and Yuber's clothes I began to think that there was a clan of dark knights. But then after viewing the quote below I realized something...
Kou - means filial devotion
Chuu - means loyalty
Tei - means brotherly affection
Chi - means wisdom
Gi - means duty
Shin - means faith
Jin - means sympathy
Rei - means proper form
What if the eighfold rune is shattered in 8 pieces? Each of these Dark Knights holds one of these shards.Maybe they even have to kill eachother and get the shards for themselves (like that movie Immortal or Highlander, can't remember if it was the one or the other.). Yuber and Pesmerga might as wel be the only Dark Knights who have these pieces. Or even killed all the other dark knights for that matter.

Anyway this would change a bit of what you'd think of the 8 parts. Maybe for every new shard one gets conflict with it and has to fight it out. Would explain why Yuber stays evil though his rune seems to embodie pease and stuf.

This might even(strangely enough) make Pesmerga the bad guy (wanting the Rune for his own) with Yuber running away to protect the rune all the time.

Though this is far fetched the main idea behind my theorie makes some sense.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

actually, 2 b honest, that isnt such a bad idea. i mean it could explain y it's the 'eightfold' rune.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yuber already has the eightfold rune, so your theorie about shards and stuff dosent make sense because konami has stated that yuber has the eightfold rune which is 1 of the 27 true runes
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

well then persmerga cud b fitin 2 get the rune back in 8 pieces an give them back 2 the dark knights.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

son_michael wrote:yuber already has the eightfold rune, so your theorie about shards and stuff dosent make sense because konami has stated that yuber has the eightfold rune which is 1 of the 27 true runes
Thats what I figured. Posted it anyway.
riou83

Post by riou83 »

I believe that Yuber's Rune would be a corruption of the Buddhist concept of the eightfold path which is the path that leads to the cessation of suffering one main reason that I believe its actually a corruption is the fact two of the aspects of the eightfold path is Right Action which is abstaining from harmful behavior such as killing, stealing, or bahaving wrongfully with respect to sensual pleasure. Another would be Right Livelihood which is not engaging in an occupation that causes harm to others. Which is in contradiction to him being a soldier.
anokosa

Re: Hachifusa theorie

Post by anokosa »

Wraith wrote:This might even(strangely enough) make Pesmerga the bad guy (wanting the Rune for his own) with Yuber running away to protect the rune all the time.
hmmm. but if persmerga was evil, why wouldnt Yuber enlist riou's help? Riou has part of a true rune.
riou83

Post by riou83 »

Wraith Wrote
This might even(strangely enough) make Pesmerga the bad guy (wanting the Rune for his own) with Yuber running away to protect the rune all the time.
I would personally not believe this to be the case. in Sukoden 3 while luc and Sara were trying to destroy the true Rune to be free from the nightmare they saw as humanity's future. If memmory serves me correctly Yuber had said that he was helping just for the chance to kill many people as well as the fact that many people would die from destroying the True Wind Rune. I may be wrong however since its been awhile since iv played number 3.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

riou83 wrote:Wraith Wrote
I would personally not believe this to be the case. in Sukoden 3 while luc and Sara were trying to destroy the true Rune to be free from the nightmare they saw as humanity's future. If memmory serves me correctly Yuber had said that he was helping just for the chance to kill many people as well as the fact that many people would die from destroying the True Wind Rune. I may be wrong however since its been awhile since iv played number 3.
A thing that most people have speculated(if its not true than I speculated it) is that Yuber succumbed to the power of his rune. At least thats what I thought of the rune. It embodies order but Yuber loves Chaos. So whats wrong?
The closer you get to the light, the larger your shadow becomes.
Maybe he succumbed under the rune and just went insane. But still with the primairy objective to protect the rune. Or Pesmerga dousn't need to be 'bad' to want the rune for his own. I mean, I ahte the view on the whole morality thing. if one is bad he needs to be Purely evil. and when one is good he has to be flawless. Get over your stereotypes!!