Sacrifices

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
anokosa

Sacrifices

Post by anokosa »

Why does the Blue Moon and the Beast need a sacrifice to activate?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Basic True Rune curse/power. Almost every single true rune can attain more power by receiving sacrifices. With The rune of punishment it was the bearers life, SE it wasother peoples souls and etc.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

For the bright sheild and black sword it was the conflict between best friends. To back that up when namani Supposely died when you had the 108 and you got the 4th level up. Probably to symbolize the digust riou had for the war and not for jowy but the decisions he made is why they through that in there. Just what I think. and for the element runes strenght is all I can think of I mean before you could get them you had to defeat the rincars like I said strength.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's rather hilarious how other runes require real deaths as sacrifices, when Rune of Beginning bearers got away with a fake.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Because it isn't as blood thirsty a Rune like SE or RoP.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, the Rune of Beginning components also drained the very life out of their bearers and caused them to fight against one another. Seems bloodthirsty to me with the killing of best friends and all.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

One would think that these runes would know when someone is faking deaths, even if their bearers are easily convinced by some unsophisticated acting.
Belle

Post by Belle »

What do you mean by fake? Are you talking about Nanami and Jillia?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

The Beast Rune needed more then one death anyhow to work didn't it? Besides didn't Jowy want to work with Leon to have that Rune destroyed and not turned on people like Luca wanted? Luca sacrificed all of Muse to get the Beast Rune going.
Sharik

Post by Sharik »

patapi wrote:It's rather hilarious how other runes require real deaths as sacrifices, when Rune of Beginning bearers got away with a fake.
Well I dont think were looking at the whole picture here. If you look at it, since the rune of beginning doesn't require a major sacrifice it doesn't grant you the coolest of major powers. One of which would be enternal life. Basically if you want all the power of the "Rune of the Beginning" (I'm talking the whole thing, both sword and shield) Then you must kill your best friend to obtain this power. Quite the sacrifice.

Remember if riou would have taken the rune from jowy then jowy would have died.
Sharik

Post by Sharik »

Also...how come i cant quote people?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Uncheck the "Disable BBCode in this post" option when you post. I've edited that one for you.

Also, please refrain from double posting next time. Use the Edit button instead.