Besides the true runes is there any other beliefs?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Besides the true runes is there any other beliefs?

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

I was thinking True runes isn't considered a religion in suikoden it's considered as fact. So is there a religion I know theres a place the charcters go when they die but do the people believe that or what. Is there a religion in suikoden and if there is is there many of them like varing on location. Like the bird clan in falena.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Karayan_Fighter

Post by Karayan_Fighter »

Well we know the Zexens believe in a Goddess and the Grasslanders believe in spirits wandering the plains. But I'm not sure bout any other areas.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

the people of harmonia see there leader as a demi-god. and also the fact that sassari is called a priest also points to religion.
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, Holy Harmonia is definitely a theocracy.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Karayan_Fighter wrote:Well we know the Zexens believe in a Goddess
Not to waylay the topic, but what's up with the Zexen's goddess? We see her in the one shrine in Vinay Del and Chris goes to her once and that's it. Is there anything more to it that I missed?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

we see her once, but she is mentioned a few times, in the council meeting they thank there godess, and when they go to make a truce with the grasslanders, luce says something about praising the spirits for this happy event, and salome says"we share the same feelings as you, however we thank our goddess instead"

maybe in a game that takes place after suikoden 3, we can get more info on there goddess
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's a good chance that these goddesses of Zexen don't even exist.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah, thats the most likely scenario, we only saw a statue of there goddess, so she could be something the zexen government made up
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Sort of like Christianity. It could be one elaborate fairy tale or something they truly believe in.
I hope everything is going delicious.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Hey!!! Jesus existed for sure. What he did is another question. But what the hey, I'm fine being morally righteous.

Anyway there's also the Alma Kinan rituals. There's also the Confessions in suikoden 4 with a wanna-be friar.
Last edited by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader on Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategy is the key to victory!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Sort of like Christianity. It could be one elaborate fairy tale or something they truly believe in.
the only way you could be a christian is if you believe,faith is the only way to be a christian, there is no christian man or woman that does what they do thinking it might not be true, if you dont believe, your not a christian,your not covered by the blood of jesus

now,lets not get off topic anymore{im sorry, I just wanted to clear that up}

I think the alma kinan women are religious, they seem to have alot of traditions and rituals, which probably explains how there's no men in that village
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'd prefer not to be covered in anyone's blood.

But anyway, why do you think that being a ritualistic society would exclude men from their ranks? Do you think they sacrifice male children at birth or something?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well the alma kinan have no men, so im just speculating that there rituals and beliefs have something to do with it,there's no evidence to support or disprove it so its just speculation on my part
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Also, wasn't Harmonia a "Holy" Kingdom? Plus, as mentioned before, Sasarai was a priest. Maybe words liek holy, priest, etc aren't really religion based in this game, but more of a political base. Who knows? I never stopped to think about religion in the game til now, but pretty interesting stuff. Also, Halec was a barbarian from a tribe....not to stereotype, but people of that kind seem to believe in spirits and such, so I would only assume.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote: the only way you could be a christian is if you believe,faith is the only way to be a christian, there is no christian man or woman that does what they do thinking it might not be true, if you dont believe, your not a christian,your not covered by the blood of jesus
I was comparing the two in the sense that some people think that christianity is one big fairy tell , where as others truly believe in it. The same could be said for the Zexen Goddess. To Chris, and other Zexens, she could beas real as you and me and what ever else she did/does to become a goddess in their eyes. Or else she could just be a mere fairy tale passed down through the ages, even though Zexen is only 50 years old, to give people hope and have something to believe in rather than actually existing.
I hope everything is going delicious.