Besides the true runes is there any other beliefs?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ok then, I was misinterpreting what you meant in your response

thats a good example of christianity, either people believe its 100% real or they believe its completley fake, but I dont think the zexens fall in that category because the entire country probably all believe in there goddess,but in real life, religion is a choice
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You miss the point, once again. I was using that in reference to the suikoden community as a whole. The Zexens believe in this goddess but other people in the suikoden world may think it's a mere fairy tale.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ah ok, I see what your saying,you confused me, I thought you meant the zexen religion is the same as christianity and can be compared to it,but now I know what you meant

I think you probably should of worded that better
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Oppenheimer wrote:I'd prefer not to be covered in anyone's blood.

But anyway, why do you think that being a ritualistic society would exclude men from their ranks? Do you think they sacrifice male children at birth or something?
To clarify for Oppenheimer: As a Christian, I'll be able to explain this to you. To be covered by Jesus' blood means that your "fine" has be paid by Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross. According to the Christian belief system, everyone who was born of both an earthly man and woman has a "fine" for sinning. Sin means to break any of the 10 Commandments at least once. If you admit that you have sinned by breaking the 10 Commandments and that as a sinner you can't pay for your own "fine," then you can believe in Jesus' sacrifice and God the Father will forgive you of your sins. After this you become a Christian. This is what it means to be covered by Jesus' blood.

To address the topic: Tinto also believes in a goddess. They pray to her to protect them as they work in the mines. You find this out in Suikoden II; in fact, you fight Neclord in Tinto's church.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

doh!
completly forgot about the setting for neclords last stand (i just replayed it too) :oops: . though i wouldnt call it a church as such it is definatly a holy place.

i would also expect the Island Nations to worship some form of sea god, it makes sence, anyone got any evidence to back this up?
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

aydas_arrow wrote:i would also expect the Island Nations to worship some form of sea god, it makes sence, anyone got any evidence to back this up?
Troy is called the "Child of the Sea God".
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

thanks chris :D

there a reference to another God.hmmm but alas i cannot think of anymore at the moment, sorry.

Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Wow. This has to be the only place I know where we talk about both homosexuality and religion without killing each other.....

Just like any world--different areas have different beliefs. And different rituals that help strengthen those beliefs.

Didn't anyone else think that the Legend of the 27 True Runes was religious in nature?

"In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from."

Definitely a nod towards creation.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

hmm i always thought of that story more of mythology, which could bring it into the realms of psudo religion, or an ancient religion, like how we refer to the acient greek panthion of gods as myth, but to them it woud of been as real as jesus, to those who choose to belive in that.

Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

aydas_arrow wrote:hmm i always thought of that story more of mythology, which could bring it into the realms of psudo religion, or an ancient religion, like how we refer to the acient greek panthion of gods as myth, but to them it woud of been as real as jesus, to those who choose to belive in that.
You are correct--what we call myth now, was, in fact, religion to the Ancient Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians.

Put yourself in their time. You are standing in a field when you see the sun rise. At this time, you have no idea about the Earth rotating, so you think there has to be some greater force making the Sun rise. In the Egyptians case--it was Ra pulling the Sun with his Chariot.

Gods and Goddesses were created by the Ancients to explain natural phenomena that occurred.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

so really the true runes story of creation is just what the people use to try and understand how these powerful runes came into being in the first place because they dont have the technological means to figure out the reasons.

Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

aydas_arrow wrote:so really the true runes story of creation is just what the people use to try and understand how these powerful runes came into being in the first place because they dont have the technological means to figure out the reasons.
That's what I'm saying.

In III--didn't Luc mention how long the Runes had been around?

(I think they're connected to the Cyndar--but that's me...)
Playing Suikoden III......
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

He states that the Suikoden World has been around for 1000 years. I think that is false, of course. I believe that the True Wind Rune gave him the rough figure of when it became active and had its earliest memories of the Suikoden World. I have written much about the Suikoden Creation Myth and about the many flaws associated with it.

I do believe that the Sindar were the first to decipher the language of the True Runes thus the language of magic is Sindar. But, I do not think True Runes have any sort of relation to them other than that. It is one belief that many worlds existed before this Suikoden World and that the True Runes governed each one and perpetually destroyed the inhabitants of each world before moving on. It seems likely because there are Millions of Worlds in Suikoden and they all appear to be linked together.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

You know---

It would be nice to have a Suikoden that takes place when the runes first came about.

So, Luc was saying the Runes and the World came about at the same time--according to the TWR?

Man, I got to get ot 3 soon, so I can refresh my memory.
Playing Suikoden III......