Deep analisys about the "true rune of the Beginning&quo

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

are you kidding? didnt you see those cutscenes in suikoden 4? gameplay wise the rune of punishment wasnt so good but in all the cutscenes you see the true power of the ROP, If I saw something like a giant red beam of destruction destroying everything around it I would think it was God or something from the heavens punishing me but instead its a teenage boy shooting all this from his hand! theres no doubt in my mind weve seen just how powerful the rune of punishment is and let me say I loved every minute of it
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I highly doubt that that is the full extent of the Rune of Punishment's power. The True Water Rune in Suikoden III would've flooded the entire known world, according to some of the SoDs. The explosion at the end of the 1st Fire Bringer War was larger than the RoP's beam, killing thousands on both ally and enemy lines. The Rune of Punishment probably doesn't allow itself to be abused that much, seeing that if someone that wanted to destroy the world got a hold of it, it would be catastrophic.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You have to realize the extent of the power of the True Runes in the Suikoden inverse, son_michael. These runes govern the very fabric of existence. Without the runes certain aspects of the Suikoden universe would not exist. You think the extent of the True Fire Runes power was the fire in the grassland even though it's the source of all fire in the suikoverse? I certainly hope not. You think the red beam of light used by an unexperienced Hero4 was the extent of the Rune of Punishment's power? Surely you jest. We've yet to see or hear about the full extent of a True Rune's power.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

do we know for a fact that the true runes are conected with the UNIVERSE? if they are then your right, true runes deffinetley have unimaginable power but still I dont believe we will ever see the true power of a true rune if what you say is true

I thought the true runes were connected to the world and the dimmensional space they were in, so if that were the case then I think all the power witnesed from the rune of punishment is acceptable as an ultimate power in the world
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Even if that is the case and their powers are based on the world in which they are bound to, the Rune of Punishments power's would still seem to be rather limited if that was the extent of its abilities. If you look at it as representing and embodying the punishment of the world it is bound to, I would think it can do a lot more than eradicate ships. Same goes for the True Fire Rune. It controls all that which makes up the very essence of fire.

That right there suggest that it has more potential than the devestating power it displayed at the end of the First Fire Bringer War. I just don't believe any mortal will be able to will that sort of power as the True Runes restrain their true powers as to not destroy the world in which they may be bound to. I'm just basing that theory on the possibility that they are bound to the Suikoden World which I believe they are.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Yes, I forgot just how much the true runes represent and what they govern, I agree with you demon eye and angelis taleria and you too jowy atrieds, we have yet to see the true power of a true rune but I dont think we ever will