Deep analisys about the "true rune of the Beginning&quo

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
3RW!N

Deep analisys about the "true rune of the Beginning&quo

Post by 3RW!N »

hi everybody I'm new over here nice to meet you all of you, I just want that all see my point of view about the true rune of the begining.
a big quantity of people said that te rune of the bright shield and the black sword are not true rune's, that they are just a half of one of then, I now that this is true but also said that they are not so powerfull like a complete true runes.

In my opinion the "bright shiel and the Black sword" are so much powerfull as any of the 27true runes, like we can see in suikoden 2, the bright shield block of the attack of true blue moon in the caverns of tinto when necklord try to convert riou in one of his slaves, the brigth shield rune protect him and remenber that necklord said that he use the maximun power of his true rune or something like that.

And also we can't forgett the black sword keep back the power of the "true rune of the beast" for that two reasons I said that boht of then has the same power of any of the another true runes I alredy now that they don't give eternal life but thats is just small detail if we consider that even if they are not true runes, they block of the power of two true runes for this I can said that his power is big has any of the 27true runes.

And for Finish all this big opinion, I also think that the true rune of the beginning is the moost powerfull rune of all, even more than the anothers true runes, because remember that of her born all the anothers true runes, She represent the beginning and the end, She is the sword and the shield of the legend, of her 27 jewels come out the 27 true runes, the "brigth shield and the black sword" separate have the same power of the others true rune but conbined we have the most powerfull rune that ever exist. 8)

I like that anybody that have a diferent opinion of my theory please tell me of this way we can discuss all the point of view, finaly I end of write :D

GHANGE AND OUT :mrgreen:
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

First, all True Runes are equal in power. There is no difference in power between True Runes. The Rune of Beginning has a unique strength only contained within in itself just like all the other True Runes. In essence, they balance each other out. The difference in strength can only be portrayed by those chosen to bear their powers.

As for the Bright Shield Rune negating Neclord's use of the Blue Moon Rune, well Neclord is not actually the master of the Blue Moon Rune and may not have the ability to use the full extent of its power. Also, the Bright Shield Rune is a shield. It's strength is defense.

Note, that it almost completely drains Riou when it does negate its attack, meaning that it drained the bearers energy substantially in order to reinforce the magic. Since Riou did not consciously defend against the spell, it can be deduced that the rune was not powerful enough to completely shield against the spell by itself.

As for the Black Sword Rune, the Beast Rune needed a sacrifice before it could be released. It was still sealed by that pact. Jowy was using the Black Sword Rune only to hold off the release of the seal on the Beast Rune not the Beast Rune itself and was not even capable of doing that without being drained to the point of sickness when relying on the Black Sword Rune. Thus, the Black Sword Rune was not adequate enough if it put such a heavy burden on the bearer just to hold back the seal.

Don't get me wrong, the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes are unique, but are much less powerful than actual True Runes. Even Leknaat was burdened by the lack of effectiveness with her half of the Gate Rune when it came to facing off against the True Wind Rune. The Gate Rune halves actually contain power of a True Rune, just cut in half, that goes to tell you how much power the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes are lacking in strength compared to an actual True Rune.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hi there, new person. *waves*

Umm, I think this topic belongs in the theories section of the forums.
I hope everything is going delicious.
3RW!N

begining

Post by 3RW!N »

hey demon eye, thanks for the clarification

with all that you said, I think you have reason sorry :roll:
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Don't be sorry. Your theory was a valid one it's just there are points noted by demon eye that go against it.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

thanks Hxc Flavor, hey friends, demon eye talk about the diferents of power betwen the true runes he said that any true rune is more powerfull thant another one, but somebody note the weak that can be the true rune of punishment in suikoden 4
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

In a game-play related sense, the RoP is definitely one of the weaker True Runes out there. However, in a plot-related sense, although the RoP seems better because you can utilize its power more easily, it also costs you your life; while it may take some time to utilize any other known True Rune's power, it won't take your life, therefore balancing the scales.
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

even like that i think it sucks you now, because the weck that can be in combat and in the game can destroy just a few ship wile in the suiko3 the first flame campion release the power of the fire out of control and destroy all the army of armonia, this is more impresive that destroy just a few ships, and remenber that the last spell of the rune of punishment do almost the same of one spell taht have a single rune of wind, and don't forgett the fact that this rune take your life slowly, i think it sucks you now :?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, we can't be sure that the True Fire Rune is stronger because of that one example when we have not truly seen the true extent of any of the True Runes' power. The Rune of Punishment does have a huge draw back, but just as Jowy said, it is a balancing factor. All True Runes have this innate factor that balances incredible power with an incredible burden. A True Rune bearer could just as easily lose their life misusing any of the other True Runes. So, when you look at the Rune of Punishment and its burden, it really isn't that much different from the others except that draining the life force of the bearer is its nature.
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

good point but what about the weack that can be all his spells in combat :?:
Fundertaker
Location: DeathValley, Underworld (The World where Deadmans come)

Post by Fundertaker »

That is just for the sake of gameplay, other wise (if the spells were stronger) the game would be just too easy. With Ted and the Soul Eater, the game halfes difficulty, so if you had a rune as powerful as that, the game would have no difficulty at all.
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

yes, but i don't think that the game become more easy if they make the rune most powerfull in that case all they have to do is become the enemys more strongs, besides remenber suikoden3 in that game we can manipulate 4 true runes at the same time; the true fire, water, thunder and earht.
all of them are very powerfull almost like the soul eater, and are 4 of them
and that don't make the game more easy than anothers suikoden's
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

But, remember that we aren't able to use those 4 True Runes until basically the end of the game and even then they are taken a way once more and you have to retain them once again before the final battle. Basically, the True Runes are the ultimate power in the Suikoden World. Even though you believe those 4 True Runes were powerful, the creators still put limits on their abilities.

That why you don't see Hugo using the True Fire Rune to wipe out enemies in every battle or vice-versa. Their are limits on the bearers' capabilities of fully utilizing their True Runes because if they could use the True Runes' full powers at any given time, they would only cause more evil than good. Basically, the powers of the True Runes are never fully seen in any game. And nobody can deny that Suikoden 3 got rather easy after you were able to use the True Lightning Rune.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Ha, I was just about to mention that. Suikoden III was probably the easiest of the 4 after Geddoe revealed his TLR. You could easily wipe out most enemies before anyone gets a chance to go because of Geddoes skill with the rune.

On a side note, I have always been curious to see the extent of a true runes power. We know how integral they are to the Suiko-verse and we've seen their power displayed(Fire in the grasslands, Rincar, during gameplay etc) but I doubt anything we've seen has shown just how powerful a True Rune can actually be.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

are you kidding? didnt you see those cutscenes in suikoden 4? gameplay wise the rune of punishment wasnt so good but in all the cutscenes you see the true power of the ROP, If I saw something like a giant red beam of destruction destroying everything around it I would think it was God or something from the heavens punishing me but instead its a teenage boy shooting all this from his hand! theres no doubt in my mind weve seen just how powerful the rune of punishment is and let me say Ilove every minute of it