Suikoden IV - What Should Have Been

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Xavier_ the_wanderer
Elite Member

Post by Xavier_ the_wanderer »

i suppose it would be alittle odd, but you have to recall ted did live in gergminster with mcdohl all through mcdohl's childhood, and windy still couldn't find him until he used his rune.
"clearly there have ben times in your life, that made you wish to destroy everything"

>> << >> and it's pronounced like x not z x-a-vee-er thanky ^ ^
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Well Ema cant be Sancho and Rico's ancestor, if that were possible then Maxillian and Sancho would be related, seeing as Ema is Gary's wife,Rachel does look alot like Camille, I wonder if Tal is Viktor's ancestor..

btw is Ted even from the Toran land mass? it would have to be whereever the hidden village is located.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Yuber_luv

Post by Yuber_luv »

Sorry, BoundlessDream. I don't mean to sound mean, but I don't think that's the right assumption. Hervey is supposed to be Viktor's ancestor and Sigurd, Flik's.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yuber_luv wrote:Sorry, BoundlessDream. I don't mean to sound mean, but I don't think that's the right assumption. Hervey is supposed to be Viktor's ancestor and Sigurd, Flik's.

Where did you get this information from?
I hope everything is going delicious.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

"Sorry, BoundlessDream. I don't mean to sound mean, but I don't think that's the right assumption. Hervey is supposed to be Viktor's ancestor and Sigurd, Flik's."

Eh? I dont even have a clue what you are talking about...
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Stan

Post by Stan »

I think Suikoden IV was rushed big time. I have a friend who loves this one but hates the first, and second one (he never played the third) and I wanted to beat him into submission, (but then I wouldn't be a good friend). I always wondered why they left out so much and put in so few, like the investigations. I loved doing all the investigations on the people and was pissed that they didn't put it in.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I bet your friend is a graphics freak, because suikoden 4 cant be better than 2, not to a suikoden fan who has played both...its just impossible for someone to think that, the only game that 4 has a shot at being better at is the original suikoden but even then I would say no....

dont get me wrong, I like 4, I like it alot, hell im the 1 who's always complaining about the suikoden 4 complaint threads, there are great things about 4 and its a great game, but it dosent beat the other genso suikoden titles
Stan

Post by Stan »

My friend says he goes for story line but i don't belive him (I think the PS2 has made him a graphics freak too). I like suiko 4 but I don't think it has the same amount of in-depth as the others.
POSITVE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
When you feel that nobody loves you,
nobody cares for you,
everyone is ignoring you,
and people are jealous of you.
You should really ask yourself....
Am I TOO sexy?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

The story is very weak in 4...but in 2 the story is top notch,even 1 has an awsome story, if your friend decides on his favorite games based on story...suikoden 4 should not be on his list
Stan

Post by Stan »

I agree that suiko 1&2 have good story lines. Suiko 4 would have had a good one if they made the game longer by going more in-depth in the characters and as to how you get all the islands to join you and if they didn't just stop the game after you beat one place in the Kulook empire but show more of it.(if some islands destroyed one of my forts, I wouldn't just back-off, I'd still try to conquer them.) Its still a good game and I'm glad I bought it.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yes, I love suikoden 4 and Ill never sell it, its a great game and a fresh installment in an excellent series
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yes, I love suikoden 4 and Ill never sell it, its a great game and a fresh installment in an excellent series

Edit: I dont know how I double posted, im sorry mods,please delete
Last edited by son_michael on Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan

Post by Stan »

I agree that its a great addition to the series, and I will never sell any of my Suikoden games.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

when i first started playing suikoden i started on 4 but put it on pause cause hero4 is silent and it was creepy having a silent main character. i played 3 next and loved it. i wish i was a game freak back when 1 and 2 came out. i knew i would of love them.

after playing suiko3 i must say suiko4 was dissappointing. i don't know if 1 and 2 had the skill system but that was great in 3 that was the first thing i didn't like about 4. next was the silent main character, then it was the 4 character battle system, and the non-one handed friendly control configuration (like how it was in suiko3 where L1 is same as x, select is same as square, etc.) there was a lot of little things i didn't like about it. but its still a good game to play. even if the ending was a little weak, even the extra cutscenes you get after collecting the 108 SoD's its just gets on my nerve that such a good game doesn't have a good ending. i was expecting something like a animation movie (something like the ending in ff7, or the scenes you watch before starting the game in suiko3
Stan

Post by Stan »

Suikoden 1&2 are awesome, both of mine where used but they work great. No they don't have the skill system in 1 and 2 but they have other things like painting and making statues among other things.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?