Runes losing control

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
YuberClone

Runes losing control

Post by YuberClone »

in suiko3, the flame champion lost control of the fire rune causing mass devastation. This almost happened with the True Water Rune when Jimba tried to reacquire it.

What if Tir McDohl lost control of the Soul Eater? Maybe this is an event in Ted's past, owing to why he is so distant and anti-social..?
Suiko4, wasn't the best in the series, but other franchises have done worse. Remember Final Fantasy Mystic Quest??
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Tir would then probably dwell the world in search of souls.He would probably kill everyone he sees to feed the Soul Eater until he regains control.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

So, if i put that Hero4 lost control of the RoP, it's either he would die or he would 'punish' everyone until he gains control of it right?

Or if Geddoe had lost control of the TLR, then a lot of stuff occurs with the lightning etc, right?
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

So, if i put that Hero4 lost control of the RoP, it's either he would die or he would 'punish' everyone until he gains control of it right?

Or if Geddoe had lost control of the TLR, then a lot of stuff occurs with the lightning etc, right?
I think the RoP would use its Mass destructive powers to uh..wel destroy things..The TLR would probably do somthing like with the TFR, it would make constant storms with probably alot of lightning.The TWR would freeze everything TER would make earthquakes TWR would also make storms but with less lighting :p. the TRue Elemental Runes seem to do huge things when they lose control but not for a long time Like the Blue Moon rune wich the posseser go's on rampage until he/she gains mastery.
YuberClone

runes losing control

Post by YuberClone »

assuming for a moment that Viki holds the true blinking rune...

can you imagine the madness that would ensue if she were to lose control of it?

BTW Wraith your scenario for McDohl losing control of the soul eater could make for a really interesting sidestory for a suikoden
Suiko4, wasn't the best in the series, but other franchises have done worse. Remember Final Fantasy Mystic Quest??
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

That would be unimaginable.There would be time rips all over.But....Is there a Time Rune?
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

I don't think so. Anyway, back to the post about the TLR losing control.

Do the True elemental runes have something to do with that Water beats Fire and all that?

Put it this way: Water douses Fire, Fire beats Wind, Wind blows away Earth, Earth is resistant to Lightning and Lightning electrocutes Water.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

The elements are in balance and other than the Rune Cannons of Suikoden IV do not seem to have a superiority cycle.

The problem arising from just using that source is the fact that the older way of connecting the runes was the unites between the top level spells; but because of the ones that do unite then it is not possible to put that cycle with the cannon one.

The conclusion drawn is that there is no simplistic way of thinking behind elemental vulnerabilities.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.