Harmonia theory, and Yuber & Pesemerga theory...

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
SoulEater13

Harmonia theory, and Yuber & Pesemerga theory...

Post by SoulEater13 »

(sorry about all the spelling errors!)
ok, i thought about this a little bit, Harmonia, in everygame, they had a a lot to do with one of the country's Heratige, in Suikoden I, the Soveign rune was given to the Scarlet Moon Empire by Harmonia, Suikoden II, The Highland empire has the the Beast rune from Harmonia, in III, Luc had the true wind rune and Sasarsie had the True Earth rune, which they both got form Harmonia. does harmonia have most of the true runes or something, they couldn't have all of them, but quite a few at least 2/3 of them. Now about Yuber & Pesemerga, maybe they were both like elite knights of harmonia, and Yuber went bad and stole a true rune, and pesemerga was sent to catch him. that is the basic theory i have started. what do you guys think?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Not likely,Yuber hates True Runes so why would he steal one?Also I think it was said that all runes originate from the place where Harmonia is now.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's been confirmed that Yuber only hates the Bright Shield Rune specifically, and no other rune. The Suikosource entry is out-dated. The place where the True Runes came from is unknown geographically; the only thing we know is what little is revealed to us in the Creation Myth. I'm assuming that the Sovereign Rune was stolen along with the land it was within, but I can't find anything that says the rune was stolen.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

If somone STOLE a rune from Harmonia they wouldn't make one guy search for him.It would seem that Pesmerga's motives are personal.He could be another 'General for hire' like Yuber and they did hire him but he wanted to search for him anyway for that personal thing.
HellFire

Post by HellFire »

Maybe Pesmerga has been Hired by Harmonia to track down Pesmerga who may have stolen the eightfold rune.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

His role in Suikoden Three seems to disprove this. With Yuber fighting under Harmonia, they probably would've tried to take the Eightfold Rune back, and yet they never did.

On the other hand, Yuber was wearing different clothes before Suikoden Three, and I believe he only used one blade before Suikoden Three. Also, since he never uses the Eightfold Rune and only its lower-tiered version, it would be hard to find him, even right under your nose.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Yes but people seem to 'sense' that he isn't human.If Sasarai (or any other Harmonian priest or anything) would come into proximitry of Yuber he would've seen that he wasn't human and alerted the guards(or assasins?) that they found the thief.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Why would being non-human make him more suspicious? If someone as stealthy as Yuber stole the Eightfold Rune, I doubt he would let himself be known, or let people figure out that he is a non-human. Basically, if Harmonia doesn't know that a non-human stole the Eightfold Rune, why would a non-human be any more suspicious?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

lol Wouldn't you be suspicious if a demon walked into your house?

People would have a sort of..distrust to him because of the 'vibes' he sends out.And if your a gaurd or a Cleric wouldn't you wanna check him out?BTW has YUber been to HArmonia during the second Fire Bringer war?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

You're assuming that there aren't human that carry that sort of vibe, as well. Look at Luca Blight for example. He is clearly human, but he has an unhuman desire for bloodshed. Just because Yuber is obviously not human should not make Yuber more suspicious. It's very possible there are all types of kinds in Harmonia. Clearly, Yuber was not trusted by any of the Destroyers or any group in which Yuber worked for, but they knew Yuber would do Yuber's job as long as it served Yuber's intentions. There was no need to be suspicious of Yuber. Besides, we cannot even begin to suspect how long Yuber has been around. Yuber may be older than Hikusaak or any other character in this series. We cannot assume too much.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

demon eye wrote:You're assuming that there aren't human that carry that sort of vibe, as well. Look at Luca Blight for example. He is clearly human, but he has an unhuman desire for bloodshed. Just because Yuber is obviously not human should not make Yuber more suspicious. It's very possible there are all types of kinds in Harmonia. Clearly, Yuber was not trusted by any of the Destroyers or any group in which Yuber worked for, but they knew Yuber would do Yuber's job as long as it served Yuber's intentions. There was no need to be suspicious of Yuber. Besides, we cannot even begin to suspect how long Yuber has been around. Yuber may be older than Hikusaak or any other character in this series. We cannot assume too much.
I'm not saying people wouldn't have that feeling with humans like Luca.I'm just saying Harmonian gaurds would find him suspicious.We ARE talking about Harmonia remember,the strongest nation in suikoverse.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

pesmerga and yuber are obviously much bigger than harmonia storyline wise

yuber seems to take jobs for harmonia to be around blood shed and chaos

pesmerga has never done anything like that, he only wants to find yuber most likely so he can kill him but we dont know if thats the case yet

harmonia in itself seems like A regular army to me, granted they have history and are arguably the most powerful nation in suikoden but the only real dangerous thing about harmonia is hikkusak, hes so ominous and so much of A secret, for all we know hikkusak could be the one that created yuber and pesmerga as well as been jeanes lover and A comrade to mazus and crowley

we know nothing about him or his powers or how he found out about the runes or why he created harmonia, we dont know if hes evil or good, we dont know why he wants all 27 true runes

hikkusak is the real key to the suikoden story and what makes harmonia as powerful as it is
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I think Pesmerga or Yuber(or whoever posseses the Eightfold rune at that time) will be the main villain of the last suikoden.Maybe with Hikusaak(but I think he'll be confirmed dead in the last)
Id

Post by Id »

son_michael wrote:pesmerga and yuber are obviously much bigger than harmonia storyline wise

the only real dangerous thing about harmonia is hikkusak, hes so ominous and so much of A secret, for all we know hikkusak could be the one that created yuber and pesmerga
Yuber and Pesmerga aren't bigger than Harmonia storywise. And Why do people always want to link them to Harmonia like they are the key to the series? Yuber plays a minor role in 1 and 2, Pesmerga even more minor a role, they both have no back story, and Yuber doesn't even take a main role until 3, where his character was basically ruined.

Harmonia is the major player in the series it seems. not just some army like you say.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

from what I saw in all the games is harmonia is just run by high priests and bishops. commanders ect,

so to me its just like any other army, again I say that to ME hikkusak is the only great thing about harmonia aside from harmonia being the largest army and having so much knowledge about the true runes

And as far as yuber and pesmerga are concerned, yes they are A very big part of the story and they play A much bigger role than just minor appearences for no reason. The creator of suikoden stated that pesmerga and yubers battle can only come to A conclusion in the final suikoden so obviously theres A huge story there and not only that but yuber has 1 of the 27 true runes so all In all they are important characters with alot of secrets that could very well be the heart and soul of the main story