The Suikoden world and the Million Worlds

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
HiroRao

The Suikoden world and the Million Worlds

Post by HiroRao »

We all know the story of the creation of the Suikoden world.

In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.

This is how the Suikodenverse (Suikoden World) became, but what about
The World of Wings and Scales, Viki's Homeland, The World of Emptiness, and the other million world?

The Millions worlds predate the Suikodenverse

They must have existed long before the Suikodenverse became more than just darkness. (World of Darkness will be used to descried the Suikodenverse before the conflict of sword and shield ) The fact that the other worlds existed before Suikodenverse is the true runes. The laws that goven each world differ and some may not even have runes, but runes seem to link to other worlds

Dragon Rune

This true rune allows for the drangons of the World of Wings and Scales to enter and exit the Suikodenverse. It's possible that The World of Wings and Scales may be close to the Suikodenverse. By that I mean the two worlds may be close in relation to space and time. Either that or the gem (TR) chose to become a link to that world for one reason or another.

Gate Rune

This true rune has a link with the World of Emptiness. It has yet to be shown if the Gate Rune has any other link besides with the the World of Emptiness.Like the Dragon Rune it lets things from the WoE (World of Emptiness) enter the Suikodenverse or send them back. I think it also allows people from the Suikodenverse enter the WoE, but I haven't seen any real proof of this.

Night Rune

This true rune may also have a link to another world. It has sent Tir and the others to the past, but did it really? It may have sent him to another World. I will call it the World of Past, Present, and future. I belive this becasue what happen when Tir and the others went to the village of the hidden rune is never mentioned by Windy, Neclord, or Yuber when you see them. Ted also seems to have no relecclation of it. I think the Night Rune seems to be able to send others to a world where the past is re-played.

Why did the Night rune show them the vision? The rune may have just thrown them to the world out of spite becasue he didn't want to talk to them. Tir's friendship with Ted and the Souleater may have allowed him to see what had happen. True Runes may show the memories of the past bearers, so the Souleater may have chosen to show him the past via the Link to that world with the Night Rune.

True Wind Rune

Not much to say about this rune's link with other worlds. I think it
allows people to see visions of the future and the fate of past worlds.

The true rune shows Luc what could happen if order is permentaly in place.
I think it wants to stop the conflit of Drmar and chaos. (more later)

Blinking Rune and the Pale/Blue Gate Rune

The Blinking Rune and Pale/Blue Gate Rune are drivied from other True Runes. The Blinking Rune moves things from one place to another. There is no information on the TR (True Rune) it is drived from. The Pale /Blue Gate rune is simply just a lesser Gate Rune.

All True Runes may possoses some link to the other worlds. There nature just isn't known that well.

Viki and her Home world

Viki is not human. Dispite looking like it she is from another world.
(this we know) The world she is from seems to be the world that defies logic. There are no real rules that she seems to obey. Her Homeworld looks like one of those never ending staircases that warp arond. She seems to be able to move around time and space without any help from a rune. (The Blinking rune dose not allow her to warp!) The Blinking rune is not even a true rune.In S2 a Rokakku Ninja gives one to you. In S3 Nariqua drops them, You can win them in Goppu, and there is one in Mt. Hei-Tou. I'm not quite sure about S4. If I find more I'll add it.

Viki has a natural abiltiy to bend space and time. why is she in the Suikodenverse? It seems to be as simple as fate. She is close with the 108 stars of destiny, so as a result she seems to warp where she is needed after each war. The fact that she difies logic means anything is possible.

The fate of every world

Dharma and Chaos seem to travel throuh each world fighting
(they could be rencarinted into each world) If either one wins the world will basicly end. Many think Pesmerga and Yuber are Dharma and Chaos. This might be and might not. Too little is known right now.

(Sorry for the misspelling and bad grammer)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Blinking Rune Viki uses could very well be the True Blinking Rune, sort of like Luc's Wind Rune in S1 and S2.

The True Wind Rune isn't the only rune that can show memories; it's a shared power of all True Runes.

Viki being from "Waffu" doesn't undoubtedly make her non-human; she could've just accidentally stumbled upon it and stolen the True Rune residing in it (the True Blinking Rune), or something similar. The True Blinking Rune is just an idea, by the way.

The creation story is the same as the various creation stories in the real world; it's just a theory people used to explain how everything came into existence. Nothing in it can be taken literally, hence the quotes everywhere.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

That "Waffu" thing always intriguied me. True Blinking Rune?...... :shock:
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I always thought that Viki, being much older than she appears, had done to her rune something similar to what Mazus and Crowley had been doing, I.e.: Using hidden abilities and powers within them. Obviously, Viki would be quite a magician for this theory to hold any sway, and, by game stats, she really isn't....

As for the rest, I don't know, just seems like you're pulling a bunch of little fragments together, and then adding alot of thought to them, but with very little factual back up.

And finally, to Jowy: I still think that the Old Books could be taken in a literal sense, useful plot devices and such. If true runes can give their bearers scenes from the past, the Old Book that tells of the creation of the World could easily have been shown to someone throught a true rune (most probably the rune of the beggining).
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

But that is only what you think about the Old Books and their contents. I said it might be literal and it might not be literal, but nobody knows.

Viki is older than she appears? When was her birthdate stated? I think you forgot that she teleports everywhere, and hasn't lived through many years. We can't tell is she's aged or not because different artists worked on the various Suikoden games.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JanusThePaladin

Jowy Atreides wrote: The creation story is the same as the various creation stories in the real world; it's just a theory people used to explain how everything came into existence. Nothing in it can be taken literally, hence the quotes everywhere.
You didnt say might, you stated it as a fact. Ie.: Use of 'is'

I do believe that it is stated that the normal Laws of Space/Time hold no sway in the place from where Viki hails. Quite likely, age is of no true importance, you can pick a maturity and stay there, but continue to age. Hence my idea that Viki is older than she appears to be. She would have had time for study, and been able to pull out inherent abilities within the Blinking Rune. If I understand it, this is the Theory that Crowley and Mazus believed, and were trying to prove (Ie.: The ability to get True Rune power from a normal Rune). Hence my theory.

Notice the use of the word 'theory'? Means I am not stating it as a fact, just an idea. Proper word choice is important, if you want people to get your meaning, and not argue something pointless when you're trying to get a bigger picture acrost.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Ah, my mistake on the creation story then.

Also, when did I try to step on your theory? You said Viki is older than she appers, which can't be proven either way. Your theory was that she was doing the same thing Crowley and Mazus were doing; trying to unlock the hidden powers of the runes. Looking older than she appears doesn't seem to be a personal theory of yours, but something you said as an outright fact.

Of course, I could be misinterpreting all of this.
JanusThePaladin

I can see how you would interpret it that way. I probably should have typed that better, my apologies. I dont think I need to restate what I meant, since I stated it in my previous post.