True Runes

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
sekiten_dragon

Teleporting Runes.

Post by sekiten_dragon »

Runes when attached to a barer generaly provide them with the power to teleport, though some are limited (not sure why, in a rush to get this out.) Runes though, usualy are passed down from family member to family member, by curse or other wise. Though if runes are in opposition to one another, the rune would most likely move to a new barer, so that it can complete its own fight with its twin.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

That's really not true at all. Teleportation is usually demonstrated with skilled sorcerers, ninjas and sorceresses only. This explains why non-bearers like Jeane, Viki, Mazus, Crowly, Sydonia, and Sarah can teleport while some True Rune bearers like Hugo, Geddoe, Chris, Wyatt, Joshua, and the old Flame Champion have never shown signs of Teleporting.

As for runes being passed down to family, that's mere coincidence since they are likely the ones you trust the most. Either that or you want to keep the rune in the same family for ages.
Though if runes are in opposition to one another, the rune would most likely move to a new barer, so that it can complete its own fight with its twin.
So far, there are no True Runes that conflict each other. Each is born from the Creation Battle, which seems to indicate that they are all equal and do not necessarilly exist to oppose another rune. Even the elemental Runes and their opposites do not conflict with one another. The Bright Shield and Black Sword runes are exceptions, but they ARE NOT True Runes.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

That's really not true at all.
First of all.........LOL. :lol:
Sorry had to get it out of my system.
I wouldn't say "the moment of Riou's death," but if either Jowy or Riou dies when the two runes are still in conflict, the other half will join with the other to form the Rune of the Beginning. True Runes are capable of teleporting, so I assume it will.
Damn, I'm not explaining this right. Alright, heres the scenario. Neclord uses his spell in the Tinto cave killing Riou and Nanami. The Bright Shield falls off now Riou's dead body. Does the rune A) float/teleport to Highland into Jowy's hand to unite with the Black Sword, or B) stay on the ground in a form of a crystal for Neclord to pick up. I'm talking in the same MINUTE (60 seconds) of his death. The way you said it, makes me think that the rune floats to Jowy somehow. I'm trying to get the point here as it would prove another theory.
Teleportation is usually demonstrated with skilled sorcerers, ninjas and sorceresses only. This explains why non-bearers like Jeane, Viki, Mazus, Crowly, Sydonia, and Sarah can teleport while some True Rune bearers like Hugo, Geddoe, Chris, Wyatt, Joshua, and the old Flame Champion have never shown signs of Teleporting.
Zigactlly (drunk Obelix). You just forgot Yuber. As for the Ninjas and Sydonia.....I think it was the Suikoden way of throwing a flash granade and dissapearing rather than magical teleportation (like Viki does).
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Sydonia teleports for sure, he has an innate skill called "far moving" and he himself doesn't know why he can do it. He was sold to a circus because of that, and was saved by Varkas when he was a child.

As far as ninjas go, I doubt they actually teleport. However, characters like Sasuke makes it look like he teleports.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

True. Sydonia did kinda teleport out of those ropes when he was held captive.

As for Sasuke.....Mondo does it too when you recruit them. Kage also goes Poof. Thing is when you watch a ninja movie, they also "seem" to dissapear ina blink of an eye, like they teleport out of there. Its just smoke, mirrors and pure skill.
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

Riou's repelling of Neclord's curse i didnt find that strange for the following reasons:

1. Neclord didn't cast a direct spell on Riou, it was a spell covering a massive area. If it were, say, Geddoe casting his top Lightning spell on Riou, then i would be confused

2. Neclord probably didn't give it his all when using that curse, i'm sure he held back some in order to maintain conscious, besides, it was enough to get everyone else. Riou used ALL the power of his rune and taxed his body to the point he passed out

3. Riou's Bright Shield Rune is a defensive rune. It says that the people around the bearer of this rune will not die as easily, and so on. I'm not sure how well Jowy's Black Sword Rune would have held out against Neclord, but the one Rune you'd want in this case would be Riou's.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Flame Champion wrote:
1. Neclord didn't cast a direct spell on Riou, it was a spell covering a massive area. If it were, say, Geddoe casting his top Lightning spell on Riou, then i would be confused
Nope, Neclord specifically used the Blue Moon Rune to kill Riou and Nanami. It was a targetted attack.
2. Neclord probably didn't give it his all when using that curse, i'm sure he held back some in order to maintain conscious, besides, it was enough to get everyone else. Riou used ALL the power of his rune and taxed his body to the point he passed out
Again, Neclord was trying to kill Riou and Nanami.
3. Riou's Bright Shield Rune is a defensive rune. It says that the people around the bearer of this rune will not die as easily, and so on. I'm not sure how well Jowy's Black Sword Rune would have held out against Neclord, but the one Rune you'd want in this case would be Riou's.
Nowhere does it say that "people around the bearer of this rune (Bright Shield) will not die as easily, and so on." It simply is a powerful rune that was strong enough to counter Neclord's curse.

Jowy used his Black Sword rune to keep the Beast Rune from manifesting itself, so his rune also has such "defenseive" qualities.
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

i havent played through that part of the game in a long time, as far as i remembered, that attack was for turning the people of tinto into vampires, maybe i'm confusing it with another part...

as for Riou's rune...

"Representing the power to protect "the beginning," this rune holds tremendous defensive powers. Many of its spells heal its bearer and those who are with the bearer in spirit. It is also said that those who are close to this rune won't die even when they suffer wounds that would have otherwise killed them."

Thats from the description of the rune from this site. The part about it holding "tremedous defensive powers" i find fairly important. As well as the part about those close to the rune not dying despite otherwise possible mortal wounds.

And Jowy doesn't hold the beast rune back the same way. My impression was that he was using the power of his black sword rune to hold back the beast rune. It wasn't like he was being attacked and used his rune to create a shield and defend himself. From this case i got the impression that any sorceror or adept magician could do the same, Jowy just happened to be using the black sword rune to do so, i think any other powerful rune could have done the same

however keep in mind i am not saying you are wrong, i havent played through the game in a while, and i'm a bit fuzzy on the neclord part. but i am pretty sure about the black sword rune part
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

As for the whole teleporting thing...

Mondo's Mayfly Rune attack sure as hell looked like he teleported, into 3 places at once!

Kasumi's Shrike attack in SII also looks like she teleports. As does Sasuke.

But anime-wise, that 'teleportation' look, is just the character moving so fast it looks like they dissappear and re-appear...most of the time.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Actually, I myself wrote the description for the Rune of the Beginning on this site, and I'm basically saying that what I wrote was wrong. Haha. At least, I can not find any official source that says anything like that.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Flame Champion wrote:i haven’t played through that part of the game in a long time, as far as I remembered, that attack was for turning the people of Tinto into vampires, maybe I’m confusing it with another part...
I think you're confusing this with the blood of the 100 or so people it needed for the sacrifice to cast that spell.
Flame Champion wrote:It wasn't like he was being attacked and used his rune to create a shield and defend himself.
Riou's rune didn't do that neither. It cast a direct counteroffensive against Neclord's spell. It negated the spell completely so that it wouldn't have an effect in the first place.

Btw, most of the information you find on these sites comes from SARS one way or another.
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

I don't understand where you are goingwith that thing about Riou...Neclord cast the spell and he created a shield, or force field, whatever you want to call it around himself and Nanami....counter-offensive? negated? maybe you are just thinking of it in a different way
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Apparently so. What you are saying is that Neclord’s spell attacked them and Riou’s spell cast a shield around them. The way I see it that rather than cast a shield that would protect them against the hit, it attacked Neclord’s spell preventing it from ever attacking Riou or Nanami or any other person for that mater. I see to shield as a defensive move that takes in a hit and survives. Bright shield completely shut Neclord’s spell down.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Well, in the end, we really don't know what happened.
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

lol, we are lucky SARS is around, if you ever want the cold hard facts he knows whats goin on

as far as what happened, we cannot be sure, and i have a feeling that we are both saying basically the same thing, just wording it slightly differently.