Other True Runes

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I wasnt the 1 who said we should call it the saint michael rune....

Your correct that sigfried uses the "saint" in his rune but theres no name with the rune

if there was then it would be like the rune was either used by that name long ago or it was created by that name

get what Im saying?
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

The Unicorn right? I never noticed that, I'll have to take another look..
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

It was merely a joke.

If my very limited knowledge of christianity is correct, micheal guards the gates of heaven... therefore deciding the fate of souls, sorta like the soul eater.

Ok, it was a bad joke, so sue me!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

your knowledge is wrong

Michael the ark angel appears in 1 battle in the bible leading gods army against the demons

I believe this is all described in revelation

so thats why I obviously didnt see how you could make it into A joke
TheBoundlessDream

Me either, and your right , Michael is an ArchAngel.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
JanusThePaladin

I dont know if you mean you can't tell how i could make it into a joke in a religious sense, or in the sense of my facts are off, or in the sense of its just not funny.... Could you please clarify?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

hey you forgot the Rune Of The Begining Wich governs Beginings and endings.
True Elemental runes don't seem to have any opposite domain(as i call it)(like forgivement and atonement),other than there own element(fire,wind,earth,water) but then Lightning isn't an element.
I suppose Lightning governs energy.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

True Elemental Runes do have an inner opposing nature being that each of the elements can embody creative possibilities and destructive ones, as well. Example: Fire gives warmth which is essential for beings to exist, but too much of that exact same flame can burn and destroy. Wind gives the air you breath and allows you to be cool with a gentle breeze, but that very same wind can become a cyclone destroying everything.

Earth is the nurturer, the soil in which all comes from, but that very same earth can become violent and destroy. Water is the liquid of life, the water which quenches thirst, but that same water can flood and destroy when driven out of control. Lightning the energy which is expressed in atoms rubbing against each other and causing a spark. This energy is essential to the functions of everyday life, but that very same energy can become destructive in thunderstorms devastating all. So, every True Rune has an inherent opposite in my view.
TheBoundlessDream

"but then Lightning isn't an element. "

Is isnt? I always thought it was, even in the Final Fantasy series, Lightning is called an element, elemental magic?

JanusThePaladin

By all technicalities, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Lightning are not Elements. But, in a video game sense, they are the usual ones used. Acording to Greek science, i think it was Greek, all things were made up of those basic elements. Other sciences, included Darkness/Chaos and Light/Order as main elements. Theres your history lessen of the the day (Obviously I am not a spelling teacher!)

In Suikoden, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Lightning are considered to be Elements.

I therefore have no clue what that poster meant when he said Lightning was not an Element...
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Yeah, but darkness,light, Pale Gate magic and etc. Are called Demi-MAgic.
And I meant that lightning isn't really an element in the real life sense.
It is considered an element in Video-games probably because it symbolizes energy.
JanusThePaladin

According to real life, none of the elements in the game are elements. The element of lightning is most likely derived from the element known weather. All the elements are elements of Nature: Ie. Fire. Water, Earth Wind, Lightning. The difference is that both Lightning and Wind are considered to be weather, but you could also consider Water to be weather, there fore the only actual Elements would be Fire, Earth, and Nature. This seems like a rather dull idea.

If that is not what you meant, I would require a better explanation, if you please, on what you meant.;)
TheBoundlessDream

"In Suikoden, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Lightning are considered to be Elements. "

Yes.. thats how it is in every game, and fantasy movies, but them not being elements dont quite understand that.

Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Sorry, I'm not that good in explaining things(plus I'm not English).

euh,guestion:how did we get from "other true rune's" to "lightning isn't really an element"?
JanusThePaladin

Somebody didn't understand that statement, and we're trying to understand what the person meant.

But you have a point, lets go back to the main topic...