Other True Runes

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

I wasnt sure what the topic was about, runes or elemental runes and distinguishing them.

"Sorry, I'm not that good in explaining things(plus I'm not English). "

(btw dont mind me asking, but what are you?)
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

A God

No I'm Belgian
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Whats the difference?

Anyway, the original topic was about the new true runes. You're supposed to give your idea for new true runes, and a reasoning behind it.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

"No I'm Belgian"

I see.

And how can Cray just cut a rune off his hand?
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

He grabbed a knife and cut the arm with the Rune of Punishment, to break the bond between bearer and Rune. These questions you ask are either simple-minded or already answered somewhere else in the thread...
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Lay off him man, no need to be insulting.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

TheBoundlessDream knows I'm just joking around with him.
Zoric

Post by Zoric »

The concept of True Rune's I think is best left up to the designers (sometimes not, though). But I have taken a stab at thinking up a True Rune before.

The True Rune of Plagues and the True Rune of Healing. One governing sickness and the other governing healthiness. The bearer of either rune would receive immunity to ailment and the ability to either cure plagues or cause them.

Not only does that fit into the opposites mold, it also is pretty explainable. There is obvious sickness and health in the world of Suikoden and it has to come from somewhere.

Though as I said I wonder if it should really be just one rune? The Soul Eater governs both life and death together. So shouldn't a rune governing sickness and health also be one?

Of course this may all be 'ol Dave talking out of his hat, maybe sickness and health are best left in the hands of the Soul Eater? This was all just a rushed concept for a fanfic, anyway.
"Coward! The commander is the last to leave!"

Stars of Suikoden - The Legendary RP Board has returned! http://starsos.ath.cx
Aenarion88

27 true rune

Post by Aenarion88 »

cirlce rune... square rune?