A possible way to hold more than 1 true rune...all 27?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
LGM

A possible way to hold more than 1 true rune...all 27?

Post by LGM »

As we know, it is impossible for any one person to hold more than one true rune on their body. But we also know that true runes can also be placed on weapons (such as the sovereign rune or the night rune on Zodiac sword), and that runes do not need to be attached to be activated (the beast rune transformed into a silver wolf long after Luca Blight died.

So in theory more than one rune could be attached to a weapon, or armour, or crown, or even held in a bag together, or a mix of all these possibilities. Or perhaps they could be harnessed into a machine to drain their power.

Of course the only problem with this theory is that the runes would have to be taken from certain living beings (such as the hero of the original Suiko game), and transfered to an inanimate object.

Wether this is possible is unknown, but has neither been proved or discredited.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Sarah in Suikoden III used a certain Cyndarin technique to enable her to use true elemental runes without the need to have it attached on her body. Similarly, both Luc and her devised a method to remove true runes for other bearers.

Star Dragon Sword is an incarnation of the Night rune, not a mere host (unlike Dragon King Sword and Sovereign rune).
Reideen

Post by Reideen »

After all you should be very willstrong to reign over all 27 true runes...
If you find mistakes keep them for yourself.
[GER]
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: A possible way to hold more than 1 true rune...all 27?

Post by Red Killey »

LGM wrote:As we know, it is impossible for any one person to hold more than one true rune on their body.
It is mentioned that Windy found a way to attach more than 1 True Rune on her body. Unfortunately, we never really got the chance to see whether she really could or not.
LGM wrote:the beast rune transformed into a silver wolf long after Luca Blight died.
Beast Rune has nothing to do with Luca Blight because Beast Rune was attached to L'Renouille, not Luca.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Axis

Post by Axis »

Hmm...just a thought.... using all the 27 true runes at once might just be the end of the Suikoden world.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

patapi wrote:Star Dragon Sword is an incarnation of the Night rune, not a mere host
Aah...I never heard that officially like this, just as a theory...so the Star Dragon Sword is the Night Rune itself, right?
Axis wrote:Hmm...just a thought.... using all the 27 true runes at once might just be the end of the Suikoden world.
Hmm...that may be true but that really is 100% theory, but still...could be true...

:roll:

Edit:Hooray my 50th post.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Actually it is not a theory, you can imbed a true rune into a weapon, or various other items. What i want to know is the extent of the power if imbedded in something besides human. My thought is that you wouldn't get all the powers yourself, but would be blessed with some, perhaps if you are in the presense of several true runes, immortality is attainable?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

You can still wield the power of the True Rune, example is Barbarossa and the Sovereign Rune, but you are not imbued with agelessness. And just being in the presence of several True Runes means nothing, you actually have to be chosen to bear one in order to be granted its powers. So, if a bearer wanted to avoid becoming ageless but wants to have a True Rune's power, that individual could in fact place the True Rune on a weapon or armor, that's of course if the True Rune agrees to be placed onto an inanimate host.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

about the star dragon sword..he seem to be able to talk..is it because of the night rune incarnation?he seem to have a mind of his own.

why can't the dragon king sword talk too?
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Because whereas the Zodiac Sword is an incarnation of the Rune of the Night, the Dragon King Sword is merely a Scarlet Moon treasure WITH the Sovereign Rune.
ReikenGaryu

Post by ReikenGaryu »

Leaves us to wonder whether it might be possible to slap all True Runes into a weapon and use them all at once.
Tir McDohl

27 true runes?

Post by Tir McDohl »

Umm..... I have a question. What are all the 27 true runes? What I only know is my Soul Eater rune.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

There is a list of all the 17th known True Runes somewhere around the site.

Anyway, up to the topic at hand. If I remember correctly True Runes have to agree to attach themselves to something. No matter if it is a sword, a human or even a damn palace the True Rune has to like it or else he will not allow it. As said before True Runes embedded in weapons allow the user of the weapon to use the power but doesn't grant the agelessness "curse" that it would if it were atached to the body.

Up to this moment Harmonia is the only one with a technique to extract and use True Runes unwillingly. Luc and Sarah were the first ones to use it in-game though.
Hmm...
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Wait wait. Where is it stated that you do not get agelessness for bearing a true rune in a weapon. All I remember from the site is that they don't know whether you do or not.

Also, I am not so sure a true rune has to agree to be imbedded in something, the beast rune did not look like it enjoyed being embedded in the floor of a castle...
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Also, I am not so sure a true rune has to agree to be imbedded in something, the beast rune did not look like it enjoyed being embedded in the floor of a castle...
In truth, the Beast Rune never enjoyed being embedded in Harmonia, thus the High Priest Sasarai gave it to the Blight family as a treasure (and also a political tool). Only in L'Renoulle that the Beast Rune lied dormant. It was Luca Blight that made those sacrifices and rituals to bring the Beast Rune to life.