A possible way to hold more than 1 true rune...all 27?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

High Priest Hikusaak (Sasarai is a mistake on Konami's part I think) didn't give the rune to Highland the Rune moved itself to L'renouille of its own will. Harmonia only said they gave the rune to Highland to not only keep some loyalty to Harmonia within Highland but also to save face.

The fact that True Runes only affect the bearers and not the bearer's bearer (or the wielder of a True Rune embedded on a weapon or wielding a True Rune itself) doesn't need to be stated anywhere really. The fact that Kranach and Karnach Rugner died of old age shows that just because they had the Dragon King Sword (with the Sovereign Rune attached on its hilt) doesn't mean they won't die from old age.

I'm sure it was stated somewhere in Japanese but I wouldn't know about that.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

:shock: Huh!! It was Hikusaak?! Ah, now it makes sense!! I was wondering how could Sasarai gave it to them cuz he should be very young.
Tir McDohl

27 True Runes

Post by Tir McDohl »

Umm..... What are the 17 true runes.....

And also... why is my avatar appear like this....
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: 27 True Runes

Post by Red Killey »

Tir McDohl wrote:Umm..... What are the 17 true runes.....
http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/ Please have a look at the Suikosource website too. Don't just hang around in the message board.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Diego Zanzar

Post by Diego Zanzar »

What I've heard about the some of the true runes and the agelessness thing is that it only slows down aging to a very low rate that almost unnoticable, for example (Luc's changes from suikoden 1-3). The only runes that do this I think are the True Elementals (Fire,water, wind,earth, lightning), the Soul Eater, Blue Moon (it changes you into a vampire), Dragon Rune, and the Gate Rune.
The skilled, the elite, the Team Terra
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

I don't remember that. What I remember hearing was a theory that True Runes allow child bearers to grow to their prime (which in RPG standard is between 16-20 years old). SO as far as we know they can't die of natural causes. They can be killed hoiwever.
Hmm...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

True Runes prevent most aging and death by disease. Being killed by another person is still allowed though.

The only way a True Rune bearer can age (on the outside only) is if they're very young, and even then they only age to their prime, as Squall said above.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

What if you were to kill a True Rune bearer? Would the True Rune not pass to whoever killed the bearer, or whoever was nearby at the time (such as the RoP passing from Brandeau to Glen in S4, then Glen to Hero4)?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

all true runes are different

depending on the runes will, it may force itself onto A new bearer or it may go into hiding and not be seen again for thousands of years

the rune of punishment is A cursed rune so it curses those who bear it but there are true runes that do not have such A curse except for the curse of living forever which every true rune grants

for example, I dont think that If the true water rune bearer was killed that the true water rune would go into the killer wheras the rune of punishment or another rune like the soul eater would
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Wait a sec, I have a question. If you can bear all 27 True Runes in any ways (like stated before), how do you expect to wield Bright Shield and Black Sword before they're reuniting as Rune of Beginning? We all know that the bearer of this two runes will never walk in the same path, always contrary one to another.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

even though the black sword rune and bright shield rune are opposites they are meant to join together to form the rune of begining so that means that its possible for A bearer to hold both of those runes

dont forget, they are not true runes until they combine into the rune of begining which is A true rune, so since they are not true runes they arent alive and think and controls things by there will, like all true runes
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

I think you become "God" or the "Source" (The Matrix). The 27 True Runes were created when the universe was created. So if you have all 27 Runes, you become the creator.
I may be wrong since this is all speculation lol.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hmm, the thing is that it's not possible to hold more than 1 True Rune, Windy being the exception to this, so I don't think it would be possible to hold all 27, but if it were possible I don't think they'd be the source as you said. The Runes would be the same as they are, the bearer would merely have a large amount of power at his disposal. They'd still be defeatable, so in essence, they wouldn't be a god.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Bebedora's puppet

Post by Bebedora's puppet »

The true runes all have their own conscienceness (or behavior) right? Then what if you had say the true moon rune and the beast rune on one person. They would might make conflict inside the bearer. Lets say there was someone dying right infront of that bearer who was just about to kill the dying person. Would the passion of the beast rune take over and make the bearer kill or would the compassion of the moon rune make the bearer take pity on the dying person. I think it would be highly unlikly for someone to bear even just two true runes.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

One person probably can bear more than one rune. However, a person can control more than one rune (Hikusaak clones).
And in suikoden 3, it's stated by someone that you can take over the entire world by controlling all 27 true runes, which Hikusaak is trying to do.

So the simple answer to why someone would want all 27 true runes is the frequent bad guy's goal of world domination.
Strategy is the key to victory!