Night Rune and Blue Moon Rune

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Kranach

Night Rune and Blue Moon Rune

Post by Kranach »

The Star Dragon Sword brags that it is the incarnation of the Night Rune which is one of the 27 True Runes. The Night Rune has power on all beings of the night specially the vampires and the undead. The Blue Moon Rune is the reason why vampires exist in the world in fact it created the 1st ever vampire Sierra :!: So those that mean that without the Night Rune the Blue Moon Rune is useless :?: I thougt that true runes are co-equal in power but it seems to me that the Blue Moon Rune is just a mere subordinate of the Night Rune.

The Ressurection Rune where did it came from :?: All runes came from true runes so where did it came from :?: There is a big possibility that the Ressurection Rune came from the Night Rune. Ressurection Rune is used for ressurection and slaying the undead which is the specialty of the Night Rune. THe Star Dragon Sword brags that it is the only thing that can destroy Neclord. Kahn uses the ressurection rune to defeat Neclord. So see the conection that I am trying to point out. The Ressurection rune is not in Suikoden3 anymore because Neclord is already dead. The Night rune lets the existence of the Ressurection Rune to help it in the destruction of Neclord. Well don't be mad at me cause it is just the way I see it.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The Blue Moon Rune is by no means useless. It has the ability to create vampires. It is also the True Rune that governs compassion and destruction. The Night Rune has the power to destroy creatures of the night, which is a sort of check on the Blue Moon Rune's power to create vampires.

I think many confuse the power of the Night Rune by saying it allows vampires to exist, as that is not necessarily true. The Blue Moon Rune allows vampires to exist, the Night Rune governs their existence. So, the Blue Moon Rune is useful without the Night Rune. And True Runes all are equal in power.

As for the Resurrection Rune, it is not a big possibility that it came from the Night Rune. It would be more likely that it is a lesser rune of the Rune of Life and Death a.k.a. Rune of Judgement a.k.a. Soul Eater. The Night Rune would not need to allow the existence of the Resurrection Rune to destroy creatures of the night as it governs their existence in the first place.

The Resurrection Rune is a rune that has the power to effect life, not the night. It just happens to be a light/holy based rune that strongly affects creatures of darkness. Resurrection in its nature would seem to oppose the night. I find it hard to see it as the lesser rune of a True Rune that governs darkness.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

i don't think that ressurrection came from the soul eater..they don't match..darkness came from the soul eater..just look at the symbol when you use the darkness rune..it's almost the same as the soul eater..so it's confirm (to me at least) that the darkness rune is the lesser being of the soul eater..

whereas for ressurection..it might be from some other true rune that isn't shown yet..well maybe..
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Actually the Resurrection has a higher chance of being derived from the Night Rune than the Souleater; mainly because Resurrection is a bad translation of the name of the rune in Japan. The better translation would be Exorcism Rune which on the auspices of banishing evil fits in with the Night Rune's ethos.

However I believe the Resurrection Rune is officially classified, like the Blinking Rune, as being further removed from the True Runes than the Blue/Pale Gate or elemental variants. Hence we are unlikely to ever see a True Rune with powers that act as an upgraded Resurrection Rune.

As for the Blue Moon Rune, well it is likely that the vampirism is due to the rune's curse rather than a deliberately used power. A single human alone would not have a high potential for destruction, but the bloodlust in a vampire certainly counts; then the compassion phase of satiating vampires without needing to take blood would come in after the bearer masters the rune enough to call it.
Without affecting the bearer in this way then the rune would limit its own effectiveness in its particular sphere of influence.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

There is a possibility that the night rune will appear in Suikoden5 it will explain why the Night Rune incarnated as the Star Dargon Sword.

My prediction of the Night Rune's power
Lv.1 Yell cures unconcious ally
Lv.2 Scream heals 500hp for all alies
Lv.3 ??? 500 dmg. to all enemies 2x to undead
Lv.4 ??? 1500 dmg. to an enemy 2x to undead
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Lv.3 ??? 500 dmg. to all enemies 2x to undead
That spell is called Charm Arrow.
I respect your ideas, but I think that the Ressurection rune was created from the Blue Moon Rune.
Diego Zanzar

Post by Diego Zanzar »

I really think that the ressurection rune came from the soul eater. Since the rune is the rune of life and death, maybe the Ressurection rune came from the life half of the rune and well the Darkness rune came from the death half of the rune. But saying that it came from the Blue Moon rune is a good idea, I could see it being from that rune, but I going more with the soul eater, since it governs both life and death.
The skilled, the elite, the Team Terra
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

More and more I believe that the Ressurection Rune would most likely come from the Night Rune.

The Night Rune is better suited as a True Rune that exorcises those creatures of the night which is actually its main function. That's pretty much what the Ressurection Rune does. The only problem I see with the correlation with the Night Rune and Ressurection Rune is that the Ressurection Rune grants a ressurection spell.

It matches the Night Rune's very own description of himself as the Lord of the Night as the spells for the Ressurection Rune are mostly used to 'exorcise' creatures of darkness. The only spell of the Resurrection Rune that could possibly correlate with the Soul Eater is its ressurection spell, but the rest of the spells have no real significant affinity with the Soul Eater.

Plus, the Darkness Rune is obviously from the Soul Eater and that would be rather odd to have two runes of opposing powers deriving from one True Rune especially because the main function of the Soul Eater is to claim souls.

Blue Moon Rune embodies compassion and bloodlust. Neither of these aspects really correlate to the Ressurection Rune. The Ressurection Rune exorcises creatures of the night, meaning all creatures. Even though vampires can create zombies, they really don't encompass all creatures of darkness. So, the exorcising spells of the Ressurection Rune really would not be based off a True Rune which only creates vampires.

Therefore, I retract my previous theory that the Ressurection Rune probably delineates from the Soul Eater and have been convinced that it probably derives from the Night Rune. But, more than likely it may derive from a totally new True Rune of 'holy' based magic.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Huh? Soul Eater governs opposing forces, Life and Death. Reminds me, I've yet to see the Life aspect of the Soul Eater.

I can't say much about the Ressurection Rune as I have yet to see the spells it has.
Hmm...
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It is true that Soul Eater govern both life and death, but the only powers we have seen through it's spells are all death based. Recall that most lesser runes have spells similar to the True Rune they are borne from. So, I'm saying that none of the Ressurection Rune's spells are in anyway similar to the Soul Eater's and the Darkness Rune's spells are a lot more similar. I was just noting that the spells don't correlate at all.

We may have in fact seen the Soul Eater's life phase. Death allows for Life, therefore in death the Soul Eater allows for Llife anew. The deaths of those closest to the Soul Eater's bearer allows for the the bearer to continue life without the Soul Eater draining him or her. Therefore, the Soul Eater exchanges the deaths of those closest for the life of the bearer.

The cycle of life and death is perpetuated. And the Soul Eater is a symbolization of the eternal truth present in all things that there will be life and death. This possibly states the true nature of the True Runes. They may be the Eternal Truths,
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

This is probably really simple minded but I always thought the life part of the soul eater came from when you kill enemies with it your life gets replenished or hp gets replenished

get it? kill enemies=death
get health from there souls=life

rune of life and death= you give death and recieve life
True Wind Bearer

Also, the Darkness rune is born from the Soul Eater rune, and it has the Stealer of Souls spell which damages a foe and heals you.
A small point of the Soul Eater's life side but still worth mentioning.
Diego Zanzar

Post by Diego Zanzar »

Maybe it might be the Night Rune, but it's the Ressurection Rune's two spells (yell- revives one character and scream-heals 500hp all allies) that keep making think different that the ressurection rune is not from the Night Rune.
The skilled, the elite, the Team Terra
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

When you think about it, it would more likely correlate to the Blue Moon Rune than the Night Rune.

The Moon Rune creates the undead, which is obviously a ressurection ability (Ie.: Neclord's ability to create those cute little zombies). To my knowledge, no other vampire has shown the ability to create zombies without the presense of the Moon Rune (but ofcourse, since only 2 vampires have really been shown, and one of them was essentially a good guy, this doesnt really hold up). Therefore, the Moon Rune has specifically Resurective abilities. Furthermore, it is a Rune of Compassion, my thoughts were that it had Compassion for Seirra's plight, and granted her her long life, as it did for Seirra's lover (name escapes me at the moment). Compassion and the want to heal, or save another (Ie. The Yell spell and the Scream spell) are obvious correlations between the Ressurection Rune and the Blue Moon Rune.

I agree with the previous statement that the Ressurection Rune is a far offshoot of its paternal Rune, and there for it unlikely to show exact spells/abilities of its parent.
True Wind Bearer

Sierra's lover...Rean Pennenburg...