Night Rune and Blue Moon Rune

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There is a good chance the Resurrection Rune doesn't come from any True Rune, at least in the same direct way as observed between the elemental runes, Blue Gate, and Darkness runes. One reason being that Konami has never said the Resurrection Rune hails from a certain rune, while they have clarified connections between Blue Gate/Gate and Darkness/Souleater.

Also, Konami has created a category called "Demi-Magic" (in their encyclopedia) which refers to runic magic that isn't derived directly from the traditional true-rune centered tier system. The Resurrection Rune, along with the Blinking Rune and White Saint Rune belong to this category.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

So, not all runes are born from True Runes. Actually, SARS, now that you mention, I remeber reading about Demi-Magic on your website.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't know if you were asking for the link, but here it is:

http://www.suikox.com/relics/reld.html
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Nah, I wasn't asking for the link but thanx anyways.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Some runes are even man-made. Konami hasn't been very clear about how all of this works, which complicates matters.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The Moon Rune creates the undead, which is obviously a ressurection ability (Ie.: Neclord's ability to create those cute little zombies).
Just a little nit-pick, the Blue Moon Rune doesn't create the undead. The Night Rune is essentially the father of darkness allowing all the undead and creatures of the night to exist in the Suikoden World. The Blue Moon Rune creates vampires, which aren't essentially undead creatures in the Suikoden World..they are actually for all intents and purposes another species.

Zombies come from the World of Emptiness much like all the other monsters in the game and the Night Rune more than likely has influence on the existence of this world. So, Neclord and other vampires who call forth zombies tap into the power of darkness to call them to the Suikoden Realm from the World of Emptiness, but not create them in essence. That is the Night Rune which allows for their continual existence.

And since the Ressurection Rune has been classified as demi-magic, it makes sense to believe that it does not stem from any True Rune. It may be a higher level of sorcery perhaps.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

demon eye wrote:Zombies come from the World of Emptiness much like all the other monsters in the game and the Night Rune more than likely has influence on the existence of this world. So, Neclord and other vampires who call forth zombies tap into the power of darkness to call them to the Suikoden Realm from the World of Emptiness, but not create them in essence. That is the Night Rune which allows for their continual existence.
The way that Neclord introduces the zombies in S2 makes me think otherwise. What I'm referring to is when he asks Viktor if he recognizes any of the zombies, implying that they were created from the corpses of the people he killed in North Window. The zombies in the Suikoden world seem to be the same as the zombies in everybody else's perception of them. That is, they're created from the corpses of dead people.

Of course, if you've got an official source, then nevermind. I just don't remember reading about this at Suikox or Suikosource.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Even if you were referring to that it still wouldn't mean that Blue Moon Rune is responsible. A counter to that would be that the rotting corpses of the dead were just reanimated as a form of magic for those that have been lost in the World of Emptiness. But, it seems that the zombies that Neclord summoned had no remembrance of the individuals they once were.

So, I believe that they are just the rotting corpses and not those individuals they once were. Zombies are classified as monsters and the Night Rune is the True Rune responsible for those monsters who live in the night. Also, the dead must have a place to reside and it seems the Night Rune gives birth to a feasible place for this.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Regardless of if they can still be considered to be the original people, Zombies are still reanimated corpses.

As was stated earlier, I think that the Reserection Rune is not directly tied to a true rune, like Fire and Rage or Lightning and Thunder, but far seperated. All runes are connected to a true rune, this ones connection is just a bit further.

I find it hard tp believe that the Resurection Rune is a sorcery technique, because it seems highly imporbable to buy a Technique at a local store...