Strum a true rune?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Blackhand jr

Strum a true rune?

Post by Blackhand jr »

Or incarnation whatever you wish to call it. I say it's possible. You have the Zodiac Sword which is a true rune and there also the sorvigen rune which resides in a sword.

Sturm also seems to stingy about who can weild it. Now other guns may be like that I'm not sure, but Strum is more important than all the other guns.
Usesnumbers

Post by Usesnumbers »

I believe in one of the suikodens it mentions strum having a soul of his own or something to that effect.
Deconstr
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Sturm is not a True Rune, or has no True Rune. Murayama actually stated that himself in an interview--explaining that Richmond was merely speculating its nature.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

Well that solves that.

Are the interviews translated anywhere on the net?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Not to my knowledge,
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

So Sturm may really have a soul inside it and a will of it's own or is it like Nash's weapon, the Grosser Fluss, that has a 'curse' on it?
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

yeah it's probably that way..having a soul in it's way..during the scene at the alley of muse..clive said that sturm could sense the two gun..but i doubt if it's a true rune..
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

That wouldn't make it mysterious enough. I'm intrigued by Sturm. It's a gun that can detect other guns. Just hope they don't spoil it with a 'Gunner's Rune' or something.
Usesnumbers

Post by Usesnumbers »

kuroinekokun wrote:That wouldn't make it mysterious enough. I'm intrigued by Sturm. It's a gun that can detect other guns. Just hope they don't spoil it with a 'Gunner's Rune' or something.

I doubt that they would but if they make the 5th game in any chronological order I do not think clive would be around, though he is one of my fav. characters. If it was a true rune(which I do not think it is) it would be like the star dragon sword, or the sov. rune and not grant agelessness .
Deconstr
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

By that time, Clive would have time to hand it over to an apprentice.

Hope they do come out with a touching story about Clive and the HVG. And about Sturm. Just make the guy old and not dead!
Id

Post by Id »

kuroinekokun wrote:That wouldn't make it mysterious enough. I'm intrigued by Sturm. It's a gun that can detect other guns. Just hope they don't spoil it with a 'Gunner's Rune' or something.
rest assured, they will spoil it,.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Id wrote: rest assured, they will spoil it,.
There's nothing wrong with false hope right? Oh, yeah... there's the disappointment that comes after but hey, still hoping.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Usesnumbers wrote:
kuroinekokun wrote:If it was a true rune(which I do not think it is) it would be like the star dragon sword, or the sov. rune and not grant agelessness .
was i the only one who read SARS' first post?

Since it has no true rune, what is the explanation for Storm's ability to sense Star and Moon and also not fire at Elza?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's a sentient being (to an extent). There's really no good explanation for why it has sentience, it just does. Well, there's a spirit inside it. Sounds pretty lame to me.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

nuSeed wrote:
Usesnumbers wrote:
kuroinekokun wrote:If it was a true rune(which I do not think it is) it would be like the star dragon sword, or the sov. rune and not grant agelessness .
was i the only one who read SARS' first post?

Since it has no true rune, what is the explanation for Storm's ability to sense Star and Moon and also not fire at Elza?
Clarification: I did not write that.
Next, I am a firm believer that Sturm is not a true rune. There's more to it than that.

As for not firing at Elza, it's because Sturm chose her over Kelley to wield it so Elza is the true wielder of Sturm. Not Kelley, not Clive. So Elza still has some 'control' over Sturm. Well, this is what I gathered from the Clive's Quest.

As for sensing Star and Mond, my theory is that it's because they're ceremonial guns. That's just a theory, I'm afraid.