My Theory On The Creation And The True Runes

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea I guess your right about sword and shield still existing if there indeed the earth and sky.

I never said the true runes were created by sword and shield, I said the emotions and powers of sword and shield were transfered into the true runes. If I didnt say that then Im sorry because I didnt explain that part of my theory correctly

your right were all fans of suikoden and we help eachother. Im glad and happy my ideas are giving you new thoughts and ideas as well

I look foward to your in depth analysis on the true runes, I hope it will be very lengthly
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I have to apologize to son_michael and anyone waiting for me to post my True Rune in-depth analysis. Unfortunately, this information is much more lengthy than I thought and it will take me quite a while to get the information into the format I want it to be in.

I will definitely post everything tomorrow, but most likely in a new thread because it will be strictly based on my ideas and findings on the True Runes. Also, I have a family issue to take care of which will prevent me from focusing on the analysis. I apology sincerely because I thought I would be able to have it done tonight, but alas I won't. Sorry to have to make you who were expecting it tonight, but look for it tomorrow without fail.

To stay on topic, I was not stating that you said True Runes were born from the Sword and Shield, but clearing up a misconception that people have, which is that the Sword and Shield created the 27 True Runes, which is not necessarily true because the 27 True Runes were actually already in existence before the clash of the Sword and Shield as jewels on those two mythical entities.

Also, I failed to mention this earlier, but Sword is Order and Shield is Chaos. I will post my analysis tomorrow, but will be viewing this forum, working on this analysis, and trying to quell family strife as well..what a night. I apologize again for not having this done tonight, though.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

no prob demon eye

I think I speak for everyone on the forums when I say good luck with your familly problems! and thank you so much for the great in depth review on the runes that you are gonna give us

and I think you mean shield is order and sword is choas correct?

looking foward to your analysis tommorow!
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

son_michael wrote:no prob demon eye

I think I speak for everyone on the forums when I say good luck with your familly problems! and thank you so much for the great in depth review on the runes that you are gonna give us

and I think you mean shield is order and sword is choas correct?

looking foward to your analysis tommorow!
No, Sword is Order and Shield is Chaos.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

that dosent make sense to me...

I would think since shield would block stuff and hold stuff that would be like stagnation which is opposite of change and change is chaos
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

That's what I thought. I thought Shield was Order and Sword was Chaos, but I was proven wrong in another thread when someone stated it's in the Suikoden III manga that it says that; and I agree with them, I have all the manga and found the part where it says so.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

son_michael wrote:that dosent make sense to me...

I would think since shield would block stuff and hold stuff that would be like stagnation which is opposite of change and change is chaos
Order is imposed by the sword which keeps the people in line. The shield defends the people, allowing them to do as they please. At least that's how I understand it.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

My take on the Creation Myth has been stated in another thread. I personally believe that it is simply a story trying to explain an event in which no feasible explanation can be made.

The 27 True Runes already existed prior to the Sword and Shield epic battle. Therefore, I argue that Darkness or the Tear gave birth to the True Runes. I won't go into too much detail about the Creation Myth because I believe it is simply a minor tale.

But, I will go into detail on the idea of Chaos and Order represented by Shield and Sword. My notion on how Shield is Chaos is similar to Gorudo's statement. I believe that Shield protects the free will of the mortal beings. It allows to proceed and carry on in life how they see fit. It protects against the domineering nature of gods.

As for Chaos, I believe it is in fact anarchy. Most will argue that anarchy is inherently evil, but this is not true. Anarchy is an aspect of change. Evolution and Revolution is the product of change. If everything remains the same then there will be no progress. Therefore, Chaos is the necessary for the development of the world and the passage of time.

My take on the Sword, is also similar to Gorudo's. I believe the Sword is the enforcer of law. It is the embodiment of Order. It is that which constitues the strict nature of patterned existence.

As for Order, I believe it is the formulaic pattern of existence. Order is consistent and consistency is necessary as a basic foundation for existence. Order is perceived as stagnant and this is true because it is unyielding. Order is necessary because random change can lead to the break down of the very fabric of what allows the world to persist. It resist evolution.

Many try to associate the True Runes with either Order or Chaos and I admit I was one of those individuals. But, I believe that True Runes actually bear no effect on Order or Chaos. Chaos and Order effects those that exist within the fabric of the conscience or physical realm. The True Runes are above morality or the laws of the physical realm.
The Fire Hero

Post by The Fire Hero »

Very well explained and well put demon eye. I agree with everything you posted, It actually goes well with a theory I have that all True Runes are equal in power and depend on 3 key things. Willpower, Mastery , and being Chosen by the Rune itself. I won't indulge at the moment I'll start my own thread for that. Good thinking everyone.
Can't we all just get along?