Another Stupid Yuber/Pesmerga Theory

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Soul Eater

Another Stupid Yuber/Pesmerga Theory

Post by Soul Eater »

I was thinking, maybe Yuber is good?

I have only played S1 & S2 so forgive me for being ignorant in regards to anything in S3.

In the first two games he is on the sides of armies that fail, and he never seems to make full use of his power. I remember hearing somewhere that he is more powerful than windy, and he has plenty of chances in both games to vapourise the heros but doesn't. Maybe he joins the armies deliberately to make them lose? He poses as a powerful solider, not letting on that this is only a fraction of his power, only doing what is necessary to make it appear that he is on the enemy side. He never personally fights the heros, and when he would have to (at the ends of the games) he flees.. maybe because he can see that his side has lost, it has all gone to plan and he doesn't need to be there anymore?

basically I mean maybe he sets out to make governments/countires that he thinks are evil lose the wars, by deliberately not winning when he could.

I don't believe this is true though, I just thought it was a possibility.
Chef Boyardee

Post by Chef Boyardee »

I think Yuber is more of an opportunist who really doesn't care too much for his employers than anything else. He wants bloodshed and chaos, as he states in Suikoden III and nothing else. Play Suikoden III, you'll find out Yuber isn't as cool and eloquent as the other Suikoden games depicted him as.
Albert

Post by Albert »

Hmm...But where does that leave Pesmerga? If he's constantly following Yuber and opposing him, and Yuber joins the good guys, since they are causing more chaos than the bad guys (As is the case of a Suikoden RP I'm doing on a different forum), would Pesmerga join the bad guys?
"Reality flows from cause to effect like a mathematical equation. Mortals can't comprehend this. They're pathetic."
- Albert Silverberg
Jewber

Post by Jewber »

well no, i don't think Pesmerga MUST join any side, because he was absent in 3 altogether, if someone is occupying his star, then he can't be a SoD, so if Yuber is, then Pesmerga doesn't have to be, or they both can be on the same side and have a candid castle chase scene. i dunno

because in the first two he only joined the Hero one because it was his destiny and two because he was SEARCHING for Yuber, he didn't know he was on the other side.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Lol, I was just about to say that, I did that a while back! It is completely worthless.

I'd hardly say Yuber is good, and I wouldn't say he's as conventionally "evil" as everyone labels him as.

All we truly know is that he enjoys chaos, and he seems to be immortal. He isn't your average weak soldier and has played an important part in a few major wars in the past decade.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Faust

Post by Faust »

I'd hardly say Yuber is good, and I wouldn't say he's as conventionally "evil" as everyone labels him as.
From a moral point of view he's definately Evil. He destroys the Village of the Hidden Rune in Suikoden 1, and threatens to chop the party into chunks. He murders people in Suikoden 3 also :o. In Suikoden 2 he's not AS evil as the other games portray him, as he's just a legendary General for hire, but I think it's safe to say that the guy is Evil from society's standards anyway. After all, we are creatures of civilisation, and while Yuber may not be evil in the grand scheme, he's certainly evil when it comes to the views of humanity.

Then again, evil is just a word.
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Oh I agree, in terms of humanity, I'd say Yuber is evil. He kill people, mains villages and relishes in chaos.

I just think there's more to his persona than simply being labelled good/evil as people specualte.

You always read a "new" theory where someone says "hey, maybe Yuber's good" and someone naturally relpies sooner or later saying "nah, he's obviously evil!!1!1!!"

With Suikoden using a very light use of the words, good and evil, I'd find it hard to label him as either. Many people argue that Luc is evil for his actions in Suikoden III, yet that is highly debatable (don't start a Luc discussion in this thread please, open a new one!). I think, whilst Yuber is more of a, erm, dramatic(?) for want a better word, I think until we know more about him, then we'll be able to label him. But then again, even when we known anyone, it's hard to put a label of good and evil.

Just a quick end note. Yuber may enjoy Chaos, and arguably only joined Luc's team out of either a desire to destroy thousands, and/or to destroy a True Rune. If they had succeded and beaten fate and all they atempted to do for the good of mankind. Then Yuber would have been in all technicallity a hero of mankind, wouldn't he?
Faust

Post by Faust »

Hehe, on the latter point he would have definitely been a hero of mankind for the surviving humans far into the future. However, for the grasslanders and whoever would have been destroyed by his actions, he would have been an ultimate criminal hehe. It totally depends on viewpoint, yeah hermano. I get your point entirely.
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Moving swiftly back to topic...
Sure Yuber would have been considered evil for the murder of thousands. And probably wouldn't have cared a bit about it either, but it's a bit paradoxical that he would also be one of humanities greatest hero's. Especially in Luc's eyes.
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

i can see where your coming from, but to Luc, all yuber was was a tool, a means to his end. he knew yuber of old, and knew that with what he wanted to do, he'd need someone who not only wouldn't be repelled by the mission, but would even look forward to its completion.

i don't see luc viewing anyone as a hero in his own eyes, except possibly sarah.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Pesmerga69

Post by Pesmerga69 »

theres one thing i don't get why would Yuber join Luc when earlyer in suikoden 1 and 2 Luc was fighting Yuber would he have forgiving him from how he hurt him in the war?
-"why is life so hard?" "you keep landing on IRS.."
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Pesmerga69 wrote:theres one thing i don't get why would Yuber join Luc when earlyer in suikoden 1 and 2 Luc was fighting Yuber would he have forgiving him from how he hurt him in the war?
I imagine that Yuber isn't the kind to hold a grudge. He loves Chaos, and seems to generally join the stronger agressor army in a conflict. Luc was creating conflict, and he wanted to be there.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I don't think Luc would particuarly see Yuber as a hero. Actually you're right, I doubt anyone would see Yuber as a hero. But say for example they did accomplish their mission and in hundreds and hundreds of years when historians are looking back at the period around the Second Fire Bringer war. If they realised what Luc and his team did for humanity. They'd probably look upon them all as heros. That being said, the historians would have little understanding of the context. But anyway, I get what you're saying, but it was just a way for people to look at it that decide Yuber is evil even though his motivations were of chaos, but the result would have been salvation...except for those insignificant people that were killed in Grassland...ahem...but moving on...
Pesmerga69

Post by Pesmerga69 »

Somethings else i wonderd about..... why was Albert and Yuber acting like good friends.. they seemed to know each other and Yuber acting nice to him mroe than he acting toward Luc and sarah.
-"why is life so hard?" "you keep landing on IRS.."
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Perhaps because the Silverberg family 'summon' Yuber. I'm not sure of how this happens, but they obviously have some way of controlling him. He's a pet of the Silverbergs! ^_^