Another Stupid Yuber/Pesmerga Theory

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I actually believe that Pesmerga is more dangerous than Yuber. First, Pesmerga stalks Yuber seeking Yuber for an unknown amount of time. Pesmerga doesn't eat, sleep or cast footsteps when Pesmerga walks eventhough Pesmerga wears heavy armor. Pesmerga seems to have cast aside the ways of the "normal" world. Yuber seems to embrace the chaotic nature of the world.

Yuber is at peace with this existence and I will hypothesize that Yuber believes that True Runes are the unnatural component that threatens life and Yuber is trying to correct this by destroying those which seek order which would stifle change. If you really look at Pesmerga and Yuber deeply you can see that Pesmerga presents a more dangerous role. Pesmerga hunts Yuber who desires chaos which would initiate change. Pesmerga is stifling change and Pesmerga is also not very stable. Pesmerga is not necessarily the "good" being. That's just my take on the whole Yuber/Pesmerga relationship.
Id

Post by Id »

from the very first time i saw them both, I believed them to be from the same order of knights or a race of immortal beings or something, and Pesmerga was a bounty hunter after Yuber for his misdeeds like burning down

**********Spoilers*************

teds village 300 years ago.

Thats my view. It may seem simple, but I think its more rational then them being personifications of Dharma and chaod or whatever, i think the Suikoden plotline is very interesting but not in the same complexity and depth of symbolism as Xenogears or something like that. i think people are reading a little too much into the relationship in my opinion.

They are just 2 cool characters of great power, (Yuber seems more powerful and dangerous), and have a role to play.

aside from that I believe Yuber hates true rune bearers because they cause him trouble wherever he may go.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yuber only hates the Bright Shield Rune. The entry here says that he hates all True Runes but that was written by SARS and SARS changed the entry for Yuber at his own site so the information here is slightly wrong.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Id

Post by Id »

alright, then in my opinion he hates it because it fundamentally holds a country together, and interferes with whatever plans he had to destroy that country, namely Dunan.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Red Killey wrote:Windy had the power to summon the monster but not sending it back (Front Gate Rune). Leknaat would be the one with the power to send them back (Back Gate Rune).
Actually, both Windy and Leknaat can send back and summon monsters. I know it's an old thread, but it's still a valid arguement.