"Theme" of the True Runes

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

so sum theory sum1 told me that the dawn and dusk runes are definetly not true runes might be wrong?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

anokosa wrote:so sum theory sum1 told me that the dawn and dusk runes are definetly not true runes might be wrong?
It MIGHT be wrong...
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

it IS wrong

konami stated that there will be 3 new true runes in suikoden 5,Sun Rune,Dusk Rune,Dawn Rune

and wraith I know you were being sarcastic,im just making sure he dosent get confused
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

son_michael wrote:it IS wrong

konami stated that there will be 3 new true runes in suikoden 5,Sun Rune,Dusk Rune,Dawn Rune

and wraith I know you were being sarcastic,im just making sure he dosent get confused
Still... The Bright Shield rune and Black Sword rune weren't True Runes. So (this is a question not a point) did Konami state they were going to be True Runes(the BSR and...BSR)?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Konami has said a lot of things that don't make sense about these three new "True Runes". They've said that they are three new True Runes and they've said that Dawn and Dusk are components of True Sun, and those two statements don't match up.

At the moment, the best answer is "We don't know."; exactly what Wraith said.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I didnt know konami officially stated that the runes were components of the sun rune

bah,information seems to constantly change around here
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Konami has said a lot of things that don't make sense about these three new "True Runes". They've said that they are three new True Runes and they've said that Dawn and Dusk are components of True Sun, and those two statements don't match up.

At the moment, the best answer is "We don't know."; exactly what Wraith said.
Note that the Sun rune might be sustained by the power of the Dusk and Dawn rune. However if this is the case I would tend towards the "normal rune" theorie. The other possibility is that they are components such as the BSR and BSR. That would also make the Dusk and Dawn rune 'normal' runes.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

not normal, or you could remove them. they are aspect runes. not quite true not quite normal. i may be new but i know this much. no offence.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I've never heard of a rune being called aspect. There are only two kinds of runes..either they are True Runes or not. Sure, some normal runes may have abilities a little beyond the normal runes, but even the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes are just normal runes that just happens to form a True Rune when combined.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

they dont just happen to form the true rune, they are the true rune. as for them being normal, i doubt it, most normal runes have more than one copy in the world.

dusk and dawn do sound like aspects of the sun rune to me, after all the 3 seem too interrelated to be different true runes, that would just be a waste of two possible true runes, imo
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I don't disagree with the fact that most normal runes have copies, but there are always exceptions to the rules. The Bright Shield Rune and the Black Sword Runes are just that, not the Rune of Beginning. If you say they are the Rune of Beginning, then you are saying that coffee beans and hot water, seperated, are coffee. But, we know this is not true. Coffee beans and hot water are ingredients necessary to make coffee but are most certainly not coffee until they are combined.

The Bright Shield and Black Sword are just a different degree of a normal rune, special, but normal all the same. If a rune is not a True Rune then it is just a normal rune. There are no laws against a normal rune not having a duplicate.

As for interrelatedness, all True Runes seem to be interrelated. Dawn and Dusk denote the rise and fall of the sun. I'm not saying I disagree with those two runes being an aspect, but being an aspect denotes something different to me.

I'd have to ask myself how does Dawn contribute to the Sun's existence and how does Dusk contribute to the Sun's existence? To be an aspect I would think these two runes would need to join together to make the Sun Rune, but this does not seem to be so. The Sun Rune may feed off both of them, but I don't see how they could be an aspect of the Sun Rune's existence.

I think it is similar to how the Blue Moon Rune seems to inadvertantly feed off the Night Rune due to its ability to let the creatures of the night exist.
blue-moon-rune

Post by blue-moon-rune »

no i dont think true runes can be made into normal runes. normal dont have minds of their own. true runes and aspects do. so i think it's possible to have aspect runes too. but i am anokosa's brother
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

yeah you have a point, no one can argue with coffee and get waay with it.

ermm blue moon how can you say aspect runes dont exist, what do you think the bright sheild and black sword runes were, we wernt debating about if aspect runes existed.

i think we should hold off one the dawn and dusk till we know more about them, as some offical infomation points towards them being true runes in there own right.
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

blue-moon-rune wrote:no i dont think true runes can be made into normal runes. normal dont have minds of their own. true runes and aspects do. so i think it's possible to have aspect runes too. but i am anokosa's brother
where does blue-moon-rune say aspect runes dnt exist?? :?
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

aha. ive found something. look at this.http://www.suikoden-network.com/index.p ... =truerunes. it may help in what i was saying about the SSR and BBR. that took a long time to find, so please appreciate it.