"Theme" of the True Runes

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

My bad patapi! I wasn't sure, so I tried to keep it discreet. I apologize for the inconvinence. :(

Also, going back to the Major Arcanum and RoB, maybe there is a Rune of End(ing). That would make it 27 - 5 Elemental - RoB & RoE. Thus its equal (20= 10 a piece)

Still this is speculation.

Personally, I'd like to see a RoE battling the RoB. :twisted:

We can dream can't we? :wink:

Sorry if that was off topic.
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Seraph wrote:
maybe there is a Rune of End(ing).

Sorry if that was off topic.
Every true rune contains a duality. The Begining rune already stands for both Begining and End.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Oops, I didn't realize that. :shock:

Well, maybe there is a rune of Continuance, one that allows the "others" to exist.

Far-fetched, huh?
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Seraph wrote:Oops, I didn't realize that. :shock:

Well, maybe there is a rune of Continuance, one that allows the "others" to exist.

Far-fetched, huh?

This isn't an unjustified speculation thread and if you have a thought then please give more reason behind it.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Sorry. :(

The reason I say that is due to the possibility that the TR are related/inspired by the Major Arcanum. This was stated earlier. I think that there was a card that "meant" continuance. That is why I proposed the idea. :wink:
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Seraph wrote:Sorry. :(

The reason I say that is due to the possibility that the TR are related/inspired by the Major Arcanum. This was stated earlier. I think that there was a card that "meant" continuance. That is why I proposed the idea. :wink:
I don't beleive that the Major Arcanum has anything to do with True Runes. Continuance WOULD be the Circle Rune since it represents Order and Stagnation.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

*sigh* I'm not saying it has to.

This forum is for trying to find themes to link the true runes to. The Major Arcanum was mentioned by a Board Mod early in the debate. That is why I acted on it.

Anyway, we don't know what they are based on, if anything. Thus being it is all speculation. So I'm speculating.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I'm not saying you came up with it. I read the article on SARS.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Alright. As long as we understand one another. :D

Edit: Quick question. The true runes, outside of the elemental ones, are supposed to represent dualities correct? However, I thought the RoB represented only the "initial chaos of birth". If so, it doesn't represent a duality. Of course, I've never been able to play SII, so maybe in the game it says it also is the end as Wraith stated. Can someone confirm this? :?
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

no, seraph, the rune of beginning is actually called the rune of the beginnings and the ends. it's info on this site also states it.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

People keep on mentioning this information, but I don't see anything backing it up.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Pardon me, anokosa, but where on this site. The History section about the true runes does not state that the RoB has the power of the "end" as well. Perphaps you can point this out for me.

Also, if you are drawing this from the whole "Judgement" thing, the Rune gives the bearer the power to judge war, aka conflict. Not simply deciding to wake up and blink out the whole of existence.

Still, could someone point me to the exact reference that states it controls the "end"?

Also, Jowy Atreides are you talking to me?
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

i cant fimd it, but there used to be some writing, like a definition o the runes. ill see if i can find it for later, ok?
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Sure, anokosa, no big. :D

I just like to know specifics, official proof being the best I can get. Too many people base theories on non-official info, thinking it is canon.

I'm not saying your wrong, I just want facts to be sure is all. No offense intended. :D
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

no probs. ill try and find the info for you.

well, i've looked but it looks like it has been deleted. it said somthing like
'Rune of Beginning
"I am the power of the beginning and the end.....blah blah etc etc"
(rune info)'

Someone from the site must be able to remember it. an admin or mod, maybe?

EDIT: found it! its in history, under true runes.