Chronicles of Narnia Parallel

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Turin Turambar

Chronicles of Narnia Parallel

Post by Turin Turambar »

Has anyone ever read those books. They were written by a British author named C. S. Lewis. Anyway, there were 7 in the series. The order in which he wrote them had the creation of the world being recounted in the 6th book and the destruction recounted in the last.

I think that would be a good way for Konami to conclude the Suikoden series. In looking at the timelines listed on the suikosource main page and the SuikoX page, I see that Hikusaak defeated a previous kingdom and then established Harmonia. That could be a good true rune centered survival war (like all of them have been) that would sort of 'kick-off' the Suikoden history. Then the next game would be about how all of the true runes are finally being gathered together in Crystal valley. You get to choose to be either Yuber (eightfold rune) or Permerga (pretend that there's such a thing as a sevenfold rune and that he has it) and fight the other. Depending on who you pick to be your hero, the end of the world will either bring about complete and unrecoverable chaos, or complete order or Nirvana (utterly peaceful silence).

I think that would be a great way to end it.
Give me a story with cursed and tragic heroes, and I'll follow to my death.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

Narnia was a fun series of books.. but the question remains, should Suikoden be ended??
Butters

Post by Butters »

YuberClone wrote:Narnia was a fun series of books.. but the question remains, should Suikoden be ended??

Uhm Yea it should and it will once we know all the true runes they really cant go anywhere with it they'd just be dragging on a series and it would become uninteresting.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

Butters, though i admit you have a very valid point... i also recognize when making such definative statement about the video game industry, one really needs to consider Mega Man. Capcom kept poppin out games even after they had spent every reasonable story revamp, and they kept going after that. And then magically there was somehow more story to be told.

regarding Suikoden, even once every rune has been unveiled and featured in a game, that won't mean that all possible story scenarios have been used. Even if they defined the begining and end of the suikoden world, there would be still gaps in which stories could be told. I'm not saying I want to see the Suikoden series depleted the way Mega man went (last i counted there were 46 games and they've made that series for like 20 years, which is more that 2 games per year!). But with the foundation established for Suikoden, I think it would be much more difficult to do that. The mechanics of the game aren't as limiting either..
YuberClone

Narnia Suikoden

Post by YuberClone »

Turin Turambar.. I've been thinking about your suggestion and actually it sounds really cool. In narnia's last book, several people were brought from the end of Narnia back to the beginning through a portal.

If suikoden were to follow suit, do you think the 27 true rune holders might somehow leave the end of the world to reenter at the beginning of the world? that would kinda apply a mobius effect to the runes.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Weren't the Cyndars the first people to know about the runes?

So the final bearers were the last bearers? They were their own ancestors...

Sweet.
Crimson Kage

Post by Crimson Kage »

I think they should end Suikoden, at some point. Even though it's sad to think of the day when there won't be anymore Suikoden. :cry:

Turin, your suggestion sounds pretty good. I really hope Yuber gets more involved with the story later on. And if not Pesmerga, then at least another Black Knight. It might be kind of much though if all the rune bearers come together in one game.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Crimson Kage wrote:I think they should end Suikoden, at some point. Even though it's sad to think of the day when there won't be anymore Suikoden. :cry:

Turin, your suggestion sounds pretty good. I really hope Yuber gets more involved with the story later on. And if not Pesmerga, then at least another Black Knight. It might be kind of much though if all the rune bearers come together in one game.
The series HAS to end.Its not like Final Fantasy where (eventhough it sais FINAL) continues constantly with new(and surprisingly very well thought out) universes and races.But eventually FF will become boring and a new RPG series shall take over the market.I just hope Suikoden keeps living on for at least another 2 games.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

With a whole 'nother continent that is mentioned many times through-out the series, and enigmatic places like the Southlands, Badlands, Nameless Lands, and Harmonia, I doubt the series will end any time soon. Well, maybe not the Badlands.

There are only ten more True Runes to be revealed, but one must understand that there is always a distinct possibility of using those Runes again, or possibly letting you actually use them for once (Gate and Dragon, for instance).
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:With a whole 'nother continent that is mentioned many times through-out the series, and enigmatic places like the Southlands, Badlands, Nameless Lands, and Harmonia, I doubt the series will end any time soon. Well, maybe not the Badlands.

There are only ten more True Runes to be revealed, but one must understand that there is always a distinct possibility of using those Runes again, or possibly letting you actually use them for once (Gate and Dragon, for instance).
Its very probable they will let you use Leknaat in a battle at least once nearing the end of the series.Its like using Sephiroth in FFVII during Clouds flashback or when you can use Maester Seymour in FFX.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

I just want to say
that the movie looks really cool
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

who said the series will end after all the true runes are revealed? hehe

They could come up with other stuff like having all the True Rune bearers in a single game and fight ummm a universal destuctive force? no idea lol.

There could be sub-stories or something...
It cannot end!
Strategy is the key to victory!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

lol I dont know why but for some reason I just thought of dbz and the true rune bearers becoming a gang{ like the z warriors} and defending the suikoden world from some outer space menace, over and over again, eventually we learn the 27 true runes can evolve and they become gold and the powers become stronger

lol great way for the series to go after the runes are revealed right?

defend the suiko world, rune grows stronger, introduce new characters into the series and new kingdoms ect, new evil shows up, rinse and repeat
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

I think that the suikoden series could continue on and on but it would really have to be worked with I mean true runes going turning into golden runes let's not take ideas from dragon ball z ok. The best way to contiune this series (and when I say continue I mean last for another 10 maybe 15 years) Is to keep it fresh. Konami wouldn't run out of true runes into 15 years that's like what 8 games. Keep the people somewhat fresh. Eventually change Viki, Jeane, and those that come into every suikoden because I believe everyone will agree that the series will become tiring if the true rune lady/ Jeane and teleporter girl/ Viki is in everysingle suikoden. right. New or revised landmarks and geography would help along with familar areas and places like old castles or towns and stuff I believe that the suikoden series could really continue going but the only way is if the people that develop suikoden step up. After I had first beaten suikoden 2 I loved it and I knew what they had put in the game and done to it for me to love it so much. I feel that these things that I enjoyed is the same things others enjoyed as well. Then 3 came out and 4 and I knew why they weren't as good and what they would have needed to have been considered anything close to 2 or 1. The director on 3 and 4 really should have payed attention to what went on in 1 and 2. Only if Konami realizes this and steps up and builds the game to what origally made it great in the first place then yes it (the suikoden series) will last for a while but if they keep going on like that are and just kinda freestyling it then no it won't last to much longer. Wouldn't you agree?
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

my above post was a joke wicked_rune_bearer, how could you not tell? obviously I dont want suikoden to become like dbz