Konami hint?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

If anything they represent a more grey side of Hikusaak than a black and white duality. Remember, Luc was the "good guy" in GS1 and GS2 where Sasarai was a "bad guy" in GS2; in GS3, their roles as such were reversed. To me, if their personalities are at all indicative of Hikusaak, this tells me that he is a complex man of deep motivations that may be neither good nor bad. He would, thus, be in balance. Rather appropriate for the bearer of the Circle Rune, I think.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Sasarai and Luc may hold personality traits that of Hikusaak, but theirs' are differed greatly. Maybe they were cloned in the physical sense, and less personalities. Hikusaak may have Luc's determination and Sasarai's softer side. At this point, nobody knows.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
DarkWizard

Post by DarkWizard »

I think Luc's story in III may reveal something about Hikusaak's intentions rather than his personality. I believe that from Luc's story, Hikusaak may be collecting the True Runes to maintain order and peace in the world. My reasons for this is as follows.

As Luc revealed that they were clones to maintain the True Runes in his possession. Usually in stories, clones usually obey their master's orders. Luc, being taken away from Harmonia, and then in III trying to prevent a gray future. This is almost like a clone revolting against their master, and usually a clone's reason to revolt is because of conflicting beliefs with their master. Since Luc's belief and goal is to prevent a grey world where Dharma has won, then going with my clone revolt analogy, then perhaps it can be speculated that Hikusaak's intention is to collect the True Runes so Hikusaak can manipulate them to ensure the world is in order, as represented by the Circle Rune.
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

Hey! That's something intriguing to think about! That thought never crossed my mind, but I think its somewhat possible.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

i don't know if Sasari was a bad guy in suikoden 2, he does help the bad guys i guess. But he's just following orders.In suikoden 2, in the first battle with Sasari in it, he does say something like "this doesn't feel right... something is wrong..."
Basically. Sasari is a good guy with good intentions, but just following orders because he's being manipulated by Hisassuk(misspelled) and Luc was trying to point that out to him.
Strategy is the key to victory!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually, I think Sasarai was referring to the fact that he felt uneasy about their positioning and sensed a possibility for a trap. Sasarai is completely, utterly, and blidnly loyal to Harmonia at that point in the series. His thoughts only begin to shaken in the third installment.
Rune

Post by Rune »

SPOILERS

I don't think so. Luc wasn't really evil (as found in his chapter of Suikoden III), even from an outer perspective. And even Sasarai had his "bad" moments. Also, I think the only real reason they are so different is because Luc was abducted and raised by Leknaat. Her influence on him versus Hikusaak's influence on Sasarai was bound to create some tensions.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Luc good guy in SI and II, Bad guy in SIII.
Sasarai bad guy in SI and SII, good guy in SIII

Peshmerga. Good guy in SI and SII, dont exists in SIII
Yuber. Bad guy in SI and SII, "good" guy in SIII

could Peshmerga be Luc shadow and Yuber, sasarai? Peshmerga is gone in SIII which means that Luc is soon today when his "dark side" the shadow is gone.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I don't think Yuber is a good guy in Suikoden III. He's more evil than Luc. At least Luc has motives, Yuber just wants death and destruction.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Oppenheimer wrote:I don't think Yuber is a good guy in Suikoden III. He's more evil than Luc. At least Luc has motives, Yuber just wants death and destruction.
Still a star! And its not likely that every star is super friendly, some just seek advantage of the "liberations armies" Like, Keen,Chepoo,Sid, withmore that isnt so trustable.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yuber is evil, theres no denying it even if he is a SoD.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Ska_Kitti

Post by Ska_Kitti »

I think if you analyze Luc's behavior, he really wasn't a bad person. In GS1, he's just... kinda along for the ride because Leknaat said so. In GS2, he has more of a part when he mentions Sasarai and that he has a history with Harmonia. However he still helps Riou do his part and still partially ordered around by Leknaat. In GS3 however, Luc only wants to get the TWR destroyed. Perhaps suicide isn't really evil is it?

Even when we get to fully meet Sasarai in GS3, Sasarai is depicted as this "Holy Person" in a way that could really never do no wrong.
"Oh my! A giant woman."
"What did you just call me?"
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Luc wanted to destroy the true wind rune because he believed that would save the world from being trapped and controlled. To do this he was willing to sacrafice as many lives as possible including his own, he believed in what he was fighting for, he thought he would be makinds savior, he forced himself to become a killer and he restrained all his emotions because he believed in the greater good that would come of all this. The world would be free to do what they wish and not be ordered by destiny and lucs soul could finally be at ease with the destruction of the true wind rune

so you can see that luc wouldve got what he wanted and mankind wouldve been saved{billions and billions of people} so obviously killing innocent people wasnt enough of a draw back to stop luc from saving the world

so Ill say that luc was a good guy, he fought for good beliefs and he did what any honorable man would do if they thought they had to save the world . Unfortunatley we will never know if what luc believed was true or if the good guys truly won....
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I just have one thing to add, Luc did not initially want to destroy the True Wind Rune because he thought it would save mankind. His true purpose for destroying the True Wind Rune was to set himself free from the burden of forever being a bearer of a True Wind Rune and living on for eternity against his will. He wanted to be free to choose his own destiny and being the bearer of the True Wind Rune he could never do so especially since he could never rid himself of it.