Harmonia...

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
sleepytactician

Harmonia...

Post by sleepytactician »

Not sure if this should actually be in this thread, but I'll staple it here for the time being.

Now, after playing Suikoden III, it seems to me that Harmonia has become a little shaken in terms of not only power (their army was being decimated during the game by the player) but also because of (BEWARE SPOILERS) Sasarai being told he was just a clone, a tool for Harmonia by Luc. He did seem very shaken about that.

Now to my point, I really would've liked for Konami to go into detail about that, which they may at a later date (who knows, questions about Hikusaak may even be answered in Suikoden IV, since it goes back a long way.) So, *breathes* does anyone else have any theories as to what may have happened to Harmonia after SIII? (I know that it isn't going to collapse, but now Sasarai's got a lot weighing on his mind... that's bound to make a difference.)
"Apple, my sweet sweet Apple."

"Now that you've promised to rout the enemy, please tell me how we're going to do that..." - Percival
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

I don't think anithing will happen to harmonia since Hikusaak has the circle rune. But if Hikusaak is missing like some people say, then maybe Harmonia is sort of vunerable.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Also, Harmonia only sent a portion of only one of their Regional Armies to Grassland. It is known that they have a number of Regional Armies, and the Main Armies. Harmonia's army is VAST, and they have a number of special forces as well. Also, Sasarai is just one of the Bishops, and besides Bishops, Harmonia has Generals as well--so Sasarai being shaken would be a minor problem.
sleepytactician

Alright thank you SARS :3

I saw Sasarai as a main leading power, and thought that would effect Harmonia's balance more than you say it actually would.

I forgot they had such a gigantic army also. XD Duh.

But say Hikusaak is missing along with the circle rune, would that effect Harmonia at all really? Or is he/she just merely a figurehead after so many years?

"Now that you've promised to rout the enemy, please tell me how we're going to do that..." - Percival
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The "Hikusaak missing" rumor has surfaced a number of times in Harmonian history--as early as more than 200 years ago which led to the formation of Highland. However, as seen in the scene where Sasarai conferrs the title of Bishop to Luc, it seems like Hikusaak actually does in fact exist. Otherwise, Sasarai wouldn't have been so puzzled that Hikusaak would name Luc as a Bishop. It is probably the case that Hikusaak only communicates through his Bishops, and rarely exerts direct influence on matters, for whatever reason.
sleepytactician

right, right. I get it now. :3 I really need to replay the game, I've forgotten alot of information that went between Luc and Sasarai.

Hikusaak, like you stated earlier, probably does have quite a few Bishops. I don't see why he shouldn't use them as tools for getting what he wants done. It's really rather exerting to try and tell so many subordinates under the Bishops and himself/herself the message personally than to just tell a select few, who will pass on the word. XD

Noting that, he now does seem more like a figurehead than anything.

Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

And since the Bishops (or maybe just Sasarai) are in direct contact with Hikusaak they could easily say whatever they please and say it's a message from Hikusaak, manipulating Harmonia and Hikusaak.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sleepytactician

They could, couldn't they? XD Whoa, manipulative themselves XD

Although I don't really tag Sasarai as one who would do such a thing.

koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

Harmonia likes to keep secrets, militarily the situation luc impacted on was minor but politically I think it has potential to cause a tuberlant effect, given luc became one of the high-priest generals in harmonia only to betray and strike out on sasarai who was of equal status (And that luc gained several true runes for harmonia but only for himself, so it could be seen as a fault in harmonia's militry for short foresight over a person they recurited)

Its not going to be the end of the world but it would be an embarrassment to Harmonia's own internal security. But with Sasarai aware of the truth I'm not sure how he would react, he is one of the bishops but he is Hikuassak's 'son' and one of the few who keeps in contact with him, so if he does anything it will affect Harmonia either way. But given what happened I think it will make Harmonia even more aggressive. So if we do get an SV involving events after III we may see a more hostile Harmonia.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

No Harmonia has been more helpful to its allies *like Highland* but under a price It did have personal intervention when it came to the grasslands but only because of luc's doings. But so far we haven't seen Harmonia acting soley on its own accords rather than the request of others.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, there's the destruction of the Gate Rune Clan and also the First Fire Bringer War to consider, where Harmonia acted on its own will.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

yes but that was centuries ago, i'm on about harmonia's approach in recent times.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, what do you consider recent times? Depending on what years you're talking about, The First Bringer War was not that long ago. Something else I forgot to consider was the Higheast Rebellion, which was also partially orchastrated by Harmonia. Also, there's the time when the Warriors Village was founded (it was a while ago, but still). And there's also the time when they invaded Sanadia, which was pretty recent too.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

But so far we haven't seen Harmonia acting soley on its own accords rather than the request of others.
Your point kind of contradicts itself a litte. Being that Harmonia show their readiness to attack another nation when asked for it. This way they can decimate another land, take any True Runes, and if it goes wrong, they can always fall back with no loss of face as they were only "helping".
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]