Suikoden gods?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Me sees. So in reality the Falcon Rune IS the Falcon Style or a Falcon Technique more like it....just like the White Tiger rune. Guess that makes sense,... the more runes in the game the more fun it makes the game.
Also, until we see the "end" of the Suikoden world, we'd have no idea whether the world is on a planet, or on a fantasy-esque flat land.
Well if we see that the Falenna Queendom is above the Nameless lands than we're sweet..........or unless someone falls of the end of the earth.
Actually, I just remembered, didn't Templeton "look for the edge of the world" at the end of Suikoden II?
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, Templeton is searching for the end of the world.
Eao

Post by Eao »

maybe its an illusion. it exists because they or the runes or darkness say so.
or somthing.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
jbd86es

Re: Suikoden gods?

Post by jbd86es »

Templeton may be searching for the end of the world, but that does not mean there is an edge. Just like in our history, many cultures and individuals had different impressions of the world's shape. It is commonly believed that all ancient people on Earth thought the world was round, but many cultures (the Greeks, the Chinese) did realize the world was round. Templeton may just be incorrect.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

considering most games are based on general ideas of our own earth and solar system, Suikoden's world is also likely similar to Earth. we already have a sun and moon, day and night cycles.. and gravity. now they can suddenly just say the Suikoden world is actually flat and such and make up some crap explaining day and night sun and moon, but i think it's easier for most story-writers just to use what we already are familiar with. why do you think there is Chinese and Japanese food in the game?
Baralai24

Post by Baralai24 »

Im just going to put in my own 2 cents, do you guys remember the cover art for
Suikoden 1 ? not the hand drawn one but the other more realistic one ?

here is a link to a picture of it:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bi ... _front.jpg

Behind the characters you can see a planet, the Suikoden world ?

would that rule out that the Suikoden world is flat ?
Please Take Care And Try To Avoid Any Big Suprises .

I'm Always Afraid The One Day Those Heavy Eyebrows Of Yours,

Will Fall Right Off .
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

AS the majority of that image doesnt seem to be canon, i'm gonna say no.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

uh... how exactly did this thread come from Suikoden Gods to the world being flat or round =/

Anyways, in the end of SIII, I did see Leknaat mentioning to Luc "You tried to defy God alone" Maybe the words foolishly were included in this statement?

The way she said "God", which God was she referring to?

and as for that Suikoden I cover showing the Suiko World... Gawd that freaking cover makes no freakin' sense >_> The only person I recognize is Barbarossa.

Well, I do see a half-naked Futch... A black-haired Luc... and the Skeleton Golden Hydra!!!
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

i believe she was referring to the True Runes and the necessity of balance as God.

Also, yeah, that picture makes absolutely no sense. It even shows a random encounter as if its supposed to be important. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere discussing the cover art....
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

the Runes are the gods. They have intelligence. Look at the Night Rune, and Leknaat talks about the wills of the runes.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
FliktorForce5

Post by FliktorForce5 »

Don't the Zexen Knights mention something about God as an entity at one point? Also there's the Grasslands spirit worship religion, the Falenan worship of solar cycles and river currents, Eresh is said to be wearing the robes of the clergy of Nagarea, whoever or whatever that is is yet to be revealed (right?) Harmonia worships Hikusaak as a god-king, and Ancient Armes were said to be sun worshipers as well, though the exact nature of their religion is left undefined. My point being that it's incorrect to say that the runes are the gods, the runes are certainly used as "proof of divinity" but they themselves are not the objects of said worship. It would be like saying the Holy Grail was a god, it has divine properties within Christian myth but the tenants of Christianity don't fall apart without it's presence.
Still waiting for that daring piece of fan art with Zahak and Galleon sharing eyeliner in the bathroom...
Thiamor

Post by Thiamor »

Remember on number 2 and the final battle? Isn't that seen as a God? I would even go as far as saying a God Beast.
In mythology there is a God of War. What about one for the 'wild' side in living beings? Cause that can be seen as it, due to it being a Wolf.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Folks in Zexen worship "The Horned Loa" among other gods of their own. However, Luc later says how these gods are "false."
UberPendragon

Post by UberPendragon »

Don't the Zexen Knights mention something about God as an entity at one point? Also there's the Grasslands spirit worship religion, the Falenan worship of solar cycles and river currents, Eresh is said to be wearing the robes of the clergy of Nagarea, whoever or whatever that is is yet to be revealed (right?) Harmonia worships Hikusaak as a god-king, and Ancient Armes were said to be sun worshipers as well, though the exact nature of their religion is left undefined. My point being that it's incorrect to say that the runes are the gods, the runes are certainly used as "proof of divinity" but they themselves are not the objects of said worship. It would be like saying the Holy Grail was a god, it has divine properties within Christian myth but the tenants of Christianity don't fall apart without it's presence
Since in the real world Gods are generally used to explain things which science can not, things that we still consider magical based on the fact that we don't understand how they happen, and in the suikoden world the True Runes are responsible for all things magical and hold sway over all things that occur in the world from the elements to the sun rising and setting to life and death. Also I'm pretty sure that Falena worshiped the first Queen of Falena as a God because she cam down off the mountain with the Sun Rune, however we find out later that the nation before Falena also possessed the Sun Rune so she was not a God just the bearer of the Rune the lead the nation. Hikusaak is also worshiped as a God-king because he is the bearer of the Circle Rune. I'm not sure enough about the Zexen God's or their mythology but I would wager that if they're not linked to the True Runes they're similar to Roman and Greek Gods serving the same purposes the True Runes serve and as Vextor said Luc refers to them as false which would lead me to believe they are.
My very long winded point is it wouldn't be any more incorrect to think of the True Runes as Gods then it is to think of anything or anyone else in the real world or the suikoworld as Gods.
Simplicity

Post by Simplicity »

Interesting point views guys. When you play Suikoden Terekreis and finish it, you kinda get this feeling that there are tons and millions of worlds out their with their own runes and their own bearers !! It opens a huge possibility, a infinity in itself to the player to free them from the chain of focusing on Suikoden continent. My personal Analysis of the famous quote that we read every time we get one of the 12 books in each and every game is this : Darkness shed a tear (I say either the void or the Blue starry skies have rained down a comets , stars or meteor )

SWORD and Shield (( Yin & Yang , Light and Darkness , goodness and evil, and any opposing mighty forces ) that fought ..
The clash of these two rained down the rest.. I say (( The creation of their powers, the aftermath of their existance,, IT MIGHT BE ADAM AND EVE GIVING BIRTH AND LIFE))..
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.