True rune removal

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

That's a good quiestion to which there is no official answer. However, the few instances when runes were passed from one to another in Suikoden 1 and 2, it was done willfully by its master, and they were all with that rune for a very long time (as in, decades or centuries), and thus have mastered the rune. Once a person has mastery over their true runes, they are not influenced by the true rune's will, so they may be able to give it away to whom they desire.
Wolfblade

Post by Wolfblade »

How come then Windy wasn't able to take the SoulEater from Tir, yet Luc could take the rune from Geddoe and Sasarai who had held their runes for years?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Luc used a secret technique known in Harmonia, along with Sarah's incredible magical power to trar the true runes off of Geddoe and others.

Windy didn't know this secret Harmonian technique.
sybillious

Post by sybillious »

supposedly in gameplay, windy says something like 'so even you reject me, souleater-your ideal host?' or something along those lines; not only the tfr, but the others seem to hold 'memories' of sorts as well. if you choose geddoe, he and luc have some discussion about stored memories/alternate realities the runes show them.

hey, geddoeman, could you try to make your posts a little more 'reader friendly?'
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

I think the souleater ejected windy as though it fed on souls, it only gained strength by taking those close to the bearer. Windy never had any freinds so the souleater would had gained little. Or perhaps the souls within the souleater were too bound to the bearer and did not want to part.
Jerebol

Post by Jerebol »

I personally thinks the runes arent just passed, but it also chooses it master (just at is says on the part about the true runes). A clear example, when Riou and Jowy go take the rune of the begining
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

I don't think Luc would of been able to foce to Sould Eater from Tir or Ted. I also think Windy is able to take true runes. The Soul Eater is differnt from the elemtal runes. I think the 4 souls in Tir's Sould Eater is what rejected Windy, or played a huge part in it.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

SARSadmin already explained that Windy is not able to take True Runes against their will in this very thread. The technique of removing True Runes from bearers without the True Rune's will is a Harmonian technique which Windy did not know.

The Soul Eater rejected Windy because it saw Tir as its desired bearer. The Soul Eater did not choose Windy and that had nothing to do with the souls it had eaten under Tir's control. True Runes choose their bearers based on whether or not they can accomplish its desires.

Windy saw herself as the ideal bearer for it because she would willingly feed it souls, but the Soul Eater doesn't just desire any souls. It wants the souls of those closest to the bearer which the bearer would call dear friends. That is where Windy did not meet the Soul Eater's qualifications as she had no close friends for the Soul Eater to eat. The Soul Eater just saw Windy as undesirable as its bearer.
Eao

Post by Eao »

when it eats a soul....are they eaten or are they in some kind of limbo? spirtuality and such is very vauge in the suikoden games, the only one that makes anything seem relvent is in the grassland tribes...or that extra scene you get if Chris is your flame champion. (i forget was that extra or was the other scene extra?)
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose