Dumb Luc & Yuber Theory

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Well if this is any help to anyone. He DOES hate the other True Runes. We've known that for a while now.
suikosource.com wrote:Yuber (Tenyu Star)

Origin: Unknown

Position: Mercenary

Events: Destruction of the Village of the Hidden Rune, Gate Rune Wars, Dunan Unification War, Second Fire Bringer War

Yuber is a complete mystery. He is known as The Black Knight, but otherwise no one really knows who he is--or what he is. Actually, no one even knows whether Yuber is a he or a she. All that is known about him is that he owns a True Rune, the Eightfold Rune, which has unknown powers. Yuber himself possesses powers that are clearly beyond that of a human being. Yuber is often seen in the midst of conflicts, such as during the Gate Rune Wars, Dunan Unification War, and the Second Fire Bringer War. He has been a subordinate of Windy for centuries though, helping her find True Runes and destroying countless lives in the process. He was hired by the Highland Army during the Dunan Unification War mainly due to Leon Silverberg who knew Yuber for some reason. When Luc began to put together his plan to destroy the True Wind Rune, Yuber assisted him for the simple reason that the plan would cause mass chaos and death, which Yuber is fond of. In every conflict that he is a part of, when the going gets tough, he deserts to save his life, like a true mercenary. Yuber harbors a great hatred towards other True Runes and actively tries to destroy whoever wields their power. The cause for this is unknown as well. Only Pesmerga knows more about Yuber. Pesmerga himself is also a mystery, but he says that Yuber is like a shadow.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Not to be a stickler, but we really don't know what Yuber is. Yuber could be a human or Yuber could not be one. People just call him a monster because of his behavior and the way Yuber loves chaos. It's just simple a simple choice of words. People called Charles Manson a monster, but we all know he was a human. So, even though they say Yuber's not of this world, it could be a figure of speach as we don't know what Yuber is.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Actually, it's also confirmed he's not human through the games. When he followed Fred, Rico, Chris, Yumi, and Nash to Alma Kinan, he was found out by Nash. I think Yuirii said "You . . . you aren't human" or something to that extent. Yuber replied something along the likes of "That's fine that I'm not human, such a frail race"

Also when Sarah falls in battle, the exchange goes like this.

Sarah: "Yuber, I can't go any longer. Finish this for me"

Yuber: "Only humans would be tired after this type of sorcery!!!"
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

That could be Yuber's ego. Just because Yuber said that he/she isn't human really is not confirmational at all, and it's natural for someone to state that someone isn't human when they see a being use powers that are inhuman in nature.

Basically, I'm just stating that Yuber believes himself/herself to be more than human, but that does not mean Yuber isn't. Yuber could very well be all-consumed by the power that he/she possesses.

But that's the only thing I'll say about that anymore because I agree that Yuber is more than human and the game producers put those statements in there for a reason and it would be pointless to argue against it. ;-)
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

flame_champ wrote:I'm sorry but I just have to argue with your yuber/hikusaak theory. Sasarai, and Luc are both clones of Hikusaak, right? In S3 Luc says that he is a human clone, therefore, Hikusaak has to be human too, as we all know Yuber is not a human.
First of I kinda withdrew that theory because it would have been to cliche, but the reasons added up. We've no idea how the cloning process works in the Suiko realm. Secondly we know that Hikusaak TEMPERED with both Luc and Sassarai. I suggested that Yuber/Pezzie are possibly upgraded versions or something similar. I doubt Yuber is actually Hikusaak but I'm positive the two are connected somehow.

The interesting piece of info in Ced's post was
He has been a subordinate of Windy for centuries

We know that Hikusaak attacked Windy's village and we also know that Leknaat and Windy are sisters. Its strange that all of a sudden Windy HATES Leknaat so much. Is it possible that Hikusaak actualy managed to catch Windy and controled her in some way, while placing Yuber under her command to keep watch over her?
Yuber harbors a great hatred towards other True Runes and actively tries to destroy whoever wields their power.
I'll disagree to this as well as the only proof of him hating runes thus far have been the Bright Shield (which isn't even a true rune) and his own (which is probably due to the suffering it is causing him).
demon eye wrote:That could be Yuber's ego.
It isn't ego. Its been known for a while that he is not human. Read it on SARS. As you know he gets his stuff straight from the horses mouth so I wouldn't argue that point any further like you said.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Err, you're somewhat contradicting yourself there, pal. You say that SARs gets his stuff from the source, but SARS wrote that character list, you do realize that, right Fang? (He used to own suikosource) So everything in there is pretty much official. Including the part which says he hates the other True Runes.

Windy and Leknaat escaped from Harmonia's attack. It's more or less implied that she had a Luca Blight personality and wanted to cleanse the world after that incident. Obtaining Soul Eater would help accomplish that deed. I'm not sure where she found Neclord, but she summoned Yuber in some ceremony (also used by Leon and Albert in Suikoden 2 and 3 respectively) for over 200 or so years, she's been his master.

I don't remember her stating her hatred for Leknaat. Did I miss something?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I'm not disagreeing with what has been said about Yuber not being human at all. I believe my last post cleared that up. I'm just saying you can make an argument that people call Yuber a monster because of Yuber's unhealthy love for death and chaos, and that Yuber calls Yuber's self (I'm making a great effort to not say him or her because we don't know what Yuber is) not human because Yuber has isolated Yuber's self from the normal sense of reality and Yuber hasn't been a normal person for so long. I'm just stating that for argumentative purposes, but like I stated before, it's clear that Yuber isn't "human" in a sense of the word. ;-)

As for Windy's hatred of Leknaat, Windy never hated Leknaat. She is the last of their tribe and basically the only one she can identify with. The only motives Windy would have against Leknaat would stem around her ownership of the other part of the Gate Rune, but that isn't based on hatred, that's based on Windy's want for more power.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Interestingly enough, SARS just changed the entry for Yuber at his site.
Name: Yuber
Origin: Unknown
Position: Mercenary
Yuber is a complete mystery. He is known as "The Black Knight." but otherwise no one really knows who he is--or "what" he is. Actually, no one even knows whether Yuber is a he or a she. All that is known about him is that he owns a True Rune, the Hachifusa Rune (Rune of Eight Strands/Married Hound--many ways this could be translated), which has unknown powers. Yuber himself possesses powers that are clearly beyond that of a human being.
Yuber is often seen in the midst of conflicts, such as during the Gate Rune Wars and the Dunan Unification War. He has been a subordinate of Windy for centuries though, helping her find True Runes and destroying countless lives in the process. He was hired by the Highland Army during the Dunan Unification War mainly due to Leon Silverberg who knew Yuber for some reason.
Yuber harbors a great hatred towards the Bright Shield Rune. The cause for this is unknown as well. Only Pesmerga knows more about Yuber. Pesmerga himself (herself?) is also a mystery, but he says that Yuber is "like a shadow."
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

While SARS does get information from the source, he -isn't- the source himself. I think he himself would be amongst the first to point this out. He is often more informed than any of us, but that doesn't stop him from drawing his own conclusions. Nine times out of ten those conclusions are probably right, but that doesn't mean he's infalible either. It's quite possible that he had made the same assumptions half the people on this thread made, and changed the entry when it was pointed out here that that assumption might not be perfectly accurate.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

What exactly are you getting at? He assumed that Yuber hated all True Runes as well but he changed his entry due to being misinformed.

I was just pointing out that Yuber only hates the Bright Shield Rune and not all the True Runes, even though Bright Shield isn't a True Rune.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Are you addressing that last to me? If so, the only thing I'm getting at is that while SARS is the best informed of us doesn't mean he knows it all, and that he himself admits it. We can't take his pages as canon, only as the most informed fan-driven source we know of. He isn't often wrong but he can be. He seemed to be so, here; there's nothing wrong with that. Confronted with evidence that his assumption might not have been correct, he changed the entry to better match what is known without speculation. That is admirable, in my opinion; he doesn't stubbornly stick to theories that may or may not be correct as some of us [myself included] often do.

In short, the only point I have is that just because suikosource or suikox say something doesn't mean it is one -hundred- percent correct.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Ced The Lad wrote:So everything in there is pretty much official.
He is only human Ced, and even he makes mistakes. I've had this discussion with him (I think its this thread actually) and I was VERY currious as why people infer that he hates all runes from suikoden 2 where as he only says he doesn't like RIOUs rune (which isn't even a true rune). Another rune he complains is his own but that is due to it being a curse as much as a gift.
Ced The Lad wrote:I don't remember her stating her hatred for Leknaat. Did I miss something?
I don't think anyone recalls that Leknaat BARRICADED her island with a magic spell to avoid being found by Windy. That seems pretty damn big to me. To top it off they are constantly on the different sides (maybe the effect of the two parts of the rune make them fight like Riou and Jowy). At this point it is speculation and assumption but seems very reasonable.
Ced The Lad wrote:but she summoned Yuber in some ceremony (also used by Leon and Albert in Suikoden 2 and 3 respectively)
This is another point I'm going to object to as I think this too was taken too far by one fan and made a fact by mass crowds. To summon someone has two meanings. Literal (FF Summons) and figurative (to call someone to come to you as in summon my buttler). I personally beleive it is the latter but I've no proof. I'm just currious as to why everyone beleives it is the first without any evidence.
Jowy Atreides wrote:Interestingly enough, SARS just changed the entry for Yuber at his site.
Woohoooooo! Score!
Jowy Atreides wrote:He assumed that Yuber hated all True Runes as well but he changed his entry due to being misinformed.
Like I said Jowy. The suiko populace in general ASSUMED this as one person did and told it to another and it seamed reasonable. Whilst it might give us a hint that he does hate all true runes it just doesn't have enough EVIDENCE. I just think SARS didn't connect it when he was told, got the line and seeing as everyone was assuming it he thought it to be reasonable conclusion, but like I said humans are sure to make mistakes every now and again.
Harukaze wrote:Confronted with evidence that his assumption might not have been correct
Well it was generally everyones assumption.
Harukaze wrote:he changed the entry to better match what is known without speculation. That is admirable, in my opinion; he doesn't stubbornly stick to theories that may or may not be correct as some of us [myself included] often do.
Actually I regard this as a very admirable quality and I've got full respect for SARS. I believe he knows that he is regarded as somewhat of a guru when it comes to Suikoden and I respect him for being honest enough with the rest of the fans to change something like this.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The reason Leknaat is barricaded on her Island is only partially due to Leknaat. She is also afraid of being located by Harmonia or anyone who wishes to recover her part of the Gate Rune. Leknaat just doesn't want to be found by anyone. And recall the fact that Leknaat is aware that Windy knows where she resides.

Hell, Leknaat was the court astrologer for Toran while Windy was still involved with Barbarossa. She clearly knew of Windy's involvement. That's probably why she never leaves her island, but she does allow individuals to visit. Basically, the point I'm making is that if she really feared Windy as a threat to her life, she could just move, but she chooses not to. But, then again we can just argue that she knew of the importance of Tir's destiny. But, it's clear that Windy doesn't hate Leknaat. They both never really refer to each other at all. Windy's interest is in the portion of the Gate Rune Leknaat holds.

And as far as the assumption about Yuber's hatred for all True Runes, there's a lot of support for it because, as I have stated before, the Bright Shield Rune symbolizes the portion of the Shield that is 50% responsible for the creation of all True Runes (and I think the fact that the Bright Shield Rune symbolizing the Shield is pretty clean cut) and Yuber seems to loathe the fact that he/she/it must bear the Hachifusa Rune. But, like has been said, it has not been expressly stated that Yuber hates all True Runes. Therefore, SARS did what he needed to do, but to say it was a mistake would be implying that his assumption is wrong, which we can't confirm it to be. ;-)
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

demon eye wrote:The reason Leknaat is barricaded on her Island is only partially due to Leknaat.
You mean "due to Windy", right?

Well I suppose there is no evidence they hate each other but Windy surely wants the other half of the gate rune.

As for Yuber. I didn't call that assumption wrong as there is no counter evidence to prove it a mistake (and I think it was everyone elses assumption as much as it was SARS's). I said it was a mistake to confuse it with fact which it clearly isn't. At least not at this point and time.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Actually, it is official that Windy wishes to kill Leknaat (to take her rune). This is mentioned in the 108 characters guide for Suikoden 1.

Also, the Suikoden Encyclopedia states that the Magician's Island is protected with a powerful magical ward which makes it impossible for anyone to enter the island unless Leknaat allows entry.
Last edited by Vextor on Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.