jowy bligth = Luca s Sword

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
borjitasstoi

jowy bligth = Luca s Sword

Post by borjitasstoi »

yeah in my opinion the moment on he jowy s transition of his weapon he use sword used by luca during his epic battle but of moment of he dies the sword automatically new owner of sword its jowy
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: jowy bligth = Luca s Sword

Post by Wolkendrache »

I think if you want the Highland people accept you as the leader, you must put aside your broomstick and take up a sword or at least some "more royalish" weapon. Luca, Solon, Culgan, Seed, Han Cunningham and even Rowd were all using swords. Perhaps it's Highland (and Matilda) tradition? But then I'm wondering why Riou and Jowy already used such exotic weapons back in the unicorn brigade.

Howsoever, it's not necessarily Luca's sword that Jowy is using later on.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Jowy is the king of Highland. He can have any blacksmith in the kingdom forge him a personal weapon.
of course, there is not much evidence confirming or denying that he took Luca's sword, I just don't imagine Jowy would wield a sword that Luca used to commit so many atrocities. And it looks a bit smaller than Luca's sword.

As for why Jowy and Riou used exotic weapons, it could be that Genkaku gave up the sword after refusing to fight Han Cunningham, and ended up teaching his students to use blunt weapons so they could defend themselves without drawing blood or something like that.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote: Perhaps it's Highland (and Matilda) tradition? But then I'm wondering why Riou and Jowy already used such exotic weapons back in the unicorn brigade.
They didn't wore helmets either, if you notice at the intro scene. Guess for gameplay purposes.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Jowy and Riou not wearing helmets in the cinematic is to make them stand out to the player watching. In the mythology of the world they would have been wearing the same helmets as everyone else.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

We also don't really know wether all the other Unicorn Brigade soldiers usw swords or also their own weapons. Highlander soldiers use at least three types, so teaching them all the Sword would be not so good.

Which reminds me, a third surviving Unicorn Brigade member would have been a cool star of destiny.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Don't forget Nanami uses nunchucks. The staff and tonfa are likely Genkaku's influences from when the boys were training at his dojo. Being associated with a known traitor made them unpopular as kids, but the training obviously made them respectable recruits among the Unicorn Brigade.
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

in a nutshell this is not luca sword?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

nope. sowwy.