to destroy the true runes

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

anokosa wrote:hmmm....... what if the TWR vanished? then Luc may think it's been destroyed, but in reality, it has just hidden, maybe to return centuries later. and Luc seems really bitchy in this game, from what I've heard, doesn't he?
Luc knows it didin't get destroyed. The only thing Luc wanted was to severe the TWR from his soul. He tried destroying it but it didin't work because he got killed by Hugo and the rest before he could do it. This made the TWR vanish and Luc died. So his quest was completed.

EDIT: Note that he also wanted to destroy the True Rune rather than commiting suicide because the blast from the destruction would tip the scales of Order and Chaos wich would prevent the future Luc saw.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

also note that the true runes (sword and shield in specific) gave birth to the planet and the jewels from their battle made the 27 true runes. so from the story of creation is similar to say the movie dogma (for you who's see it), also note this is my thought, like in dogma to prove god wrong would exterminate existence because proving god wrong is unjust. so say the true runes are the same, if you destroy a true rune you go against the creators (sword and shield or the god of suiko world if it go's deeper then what we don't know) and to prove the creators of the suiko world would probably exterminate existence. least that's what i think. i think luc kinda knew that when he tried to destroy the rune because he said that mankind was in shackles and they had no freedom. he said he was only doing to release us from those shackles. so i think how can you release someone from freedom of decision and choices, the only way i can think of would be extermination of existence that way there is nothing. leaving the ultimate freedom; a void
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Deathblow_Georg

Post by Deathblow_Georg »

Well with all that we know theres no way for certain to knows if a true rune can be destroyed id like to say a few things on the topic one that i don't think the 108 stars would gathered this there wasnt some kind of threat and two from the gate rune we already know that a rune can be phiscaly broken even though it retains full true rune powers.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Deathblow_Georg wrote:from the gate rune we already know that a rune can be phiscaly broken even though it retains full true rune powers.
No, the two halves have equal powers. However, neither are as powerful as a full true rune.
TrueBlood

Post by TrueBlood »

What if say the True Rune wished to destroy itself? :shock:
The Rune of Blood governs "weakness" and "strength".
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

TrueBlood wrote:What if say the True Rune wished to destroy itself? :shock:
I'd very much doubt they'd wish to kill themselves.

Although the only vocal True Rune we know of is the Night Rune, the True Runes more than likely know full well how important they are and are probably a tad on the arrogant side. Yes, I'm taking this from the Zodiac Sword, but there we go.

When was the last time you saw something rather arrogant and highly powerful (almost godly) thing destroy itself?
kcana

Post by kcana »

That was what Luc was trying to do.... to destroy a true rune...to destroy god.

But if a true rune was to be destroyed I wonder will it regain itself again? I mean... those true runes were meant to keep the balance, right? What if Luc managed to destroy some of the runes? Will the world keep moving on unbalanced or will it just end...like the end of the world?