Geddoe and the Calerian Fruit Vendor

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Night

Post by Night »

Argento Breesa wrote:If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the letter from Salome? Isn't that while Geddoe and group went to the North Cavern?
Ah no, they went to the North Cavern after Geddoe met with someone (a contact between Geddoe and Salome) in the inn in VdZ.
S: There's more. There's a letter for you from that man. I put it in there.
G: Good. He's always dependable.
S: Bothersome is more like it, sir. Like a rash that won't go away.
G: Maybe so.
This part doesn't sound like someone describing Jimba. Remember, when Geddoe first meets with him in Karaya in the game, it seems like they haven't seen or spoken to each other in a long long time.

It could very well be Salome, however. I think I can imagine him constantly bothering Geddoe and Jimba for information to help the Zexen Knights. However, I don't see how Salome would have knowledge of what was happening in Le Buque at this time.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
JanusThePaladin

Re: Geddoe and the Calerian Fruit Vendor

Post by JanusThePaladin »

It seems to me that the previous hint he was referring to must be the Great Hollow. As he went there for no apparent reason to investigate the Flame Champion, and there was no hint whatsoever of the flame champion being there, it makes sense.
highwind44029

Re:

Post by highwind44029 »

LunasMeow wrote:G: Thanks
Thanks
This part was very helpful. XD

No, but seriously, thanks for clearing the air for everyone with the whole translation. I got the part about the highway bandits (meaning the danger of getting the information), but I didn't really pay attention to Geddoe saying that the last tip was not helpful aka crap, as well as the whole "it was already over by the time you got it".

After replaying the game lots of times, I have always come to the conclusion and assumption that "that man" was Salome, although Jimba makes sense too.