Numbers in Suikoden

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Chaos_Zero wrote:Thomas cannot be really classified a a Hero. He played a major role by bringing everyone together, but he himself didn't fit the role as hero, the way the 3 main characters did.
I'd say Thomas was a pretty good hero, standing up to the Zexens and housing the Fire Bringer and all that jazz. He's also the first Tenkai Star that was modeled after the Tenkai Star of the original novel so I'd consider him to be a hero in that context as well.
Fliktor wrote:Sorry, have you got a source to link for this? I've never read about this before?
There's not a single source of information to verify this. In fact, it's convenient for him that's there's not a source for this because then he can say that Konami is 'hiding it from us to suprise us later on,' just like he said in his first post.
Windspun_Monkey

I saw it here

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

I saw it in the boards here. Look and I'm sure you'll find it. If it's not here it is on suikox.com
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Are you sure you're not confusing it with theory's about tarot cards and numbers, and people thinking there my be 36 True Runes?
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

Yeah, I'm sure.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I think you are referring to a misprint by a gaming magazine that stated that Suikoden was a story about 36 True Runes instead of 27. It was a short editorial printed maybe two years ago by IGN I believe. It was just a misprint. People began to discuss how the producers had originaly planned to use 36 True Runes instead of 27, but I don't know whether that is true or not. All I know is that there was a misprint..it migh have even been about Suikoden 4 when there was all the speculation of whether it was true or not that the game would be a 150 year prequel to Suikoden 1. I can't find the magazine issue, though.
Fayt

Post by Fayt »

Isnt Thomas considered a hero? I mean he is the Tenkai Star, the one to bring everyone together...? Tir and Riou were the Tenkai stars also >.>
I know you havent played SuiIII but im jsut saying >.>

So that would mean there are 4 heroes in Suikoden III.

Thomas may be considered the Tenkai star and the/a "Hero" But...

:arrow: Page 9 of the little booklet that comes with the Suikoden 3 game.

It shows..

The main charactors..

Three completley different people

Geddoe

Hugo

Chris...

(If you would count Thomas the Hero and the others the main charactors
or friends..)
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Well Hugo, Chris and Geddoe are the main character heroes of Suikoden III, but that doens't mean they're the only heroes.

Thomas would be a hero in my eyes for the courage and unity he showed for Budehuc Castle (standing up to his father, Zexen and doubters). Similarly you could say that Lucia, St Joe, Yuna (is that her name?) and many others were all heroes.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

I personally was disappointed when Thomas wasn't the main hero. To me he was the best fitting character compared to Geddoe, Hugo and Chris in relation to the previous two heroes. He was a bit timid, just like the other two, but he could muster the courage to be someone important. I really couldn't stand Hugo or Chris, and Geddoe got on my nerves as well. I like the underdog to be the hero. Thomas was really the perfect choice and they deprived me of my normal Suikoden hero. I guess I can't change it now, but luckily, Thomas was the second strongest member in my army next to Geddoe. His unit in the army consisted of him, Leo, Edge and Twaikin and they bulldozed over anyone who got in the way. Nice.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

I figuered out a bridge between Suikoden 3 and 4,
At the end of 3, Luc and Sarah had to atone for their failed mission by death. Then, they were forgiven by Leknaat.

Thus, suikoden 4 was about the rune of punishment.
Strategy is the key to victory!