How could Luca fight wounded against 18 characters?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Liam

Post by Liam »

I stil think that most of Luca's strenght came through blood of the kings, Agares blood that run through his veins. Couple that with his thirst for vengeance, and training He received from one of the finest swordsmans alive Han Cunningham (whos swordsplay is seccond only to Georg Prime's) and you will get the ultimate fighter that Luca is
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Kasim Hazil is second, not Han.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Agree about that one, but it wouldn't be so impresive to state how He was trained by Han Cunningham who's swordsmanship is seccond to Kasim Hazil's, who's is seccond only to Georg Prime's :oops:
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Not that Cunningham's swordplay matters any more, seeing as how he's pushin' up the daisies.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

Luca Blight reminds me of Captain Algren in the movie "The Last Samurai"

Notice that despite being wounded several times, surrounded by a multilude of expert swordsmen and apparently one of the more incredible fighters he still manages not only to fight on alone but takes a hell of a lot of them out until exhaustion and his wounds got to him and he was eventually screwed.

I always figure Luca was just that much determined and that damn good in swordplay enough to fight on despite being wounded, shot to peices and so on that it was exhaustion that wailed on him. He still imo does enough damage in the duel if you let him hit you (If you're not expecting this duel like I was I think I lost 3/4ths my hp bar from one hit...) and apparently if you managed to do badly enough and LOSE that particular duel I think it hints that Luca pretty much kills Riou, wipes out whoever has the nerve to get near him and charges back in the next day with his army to unleash a can of butt stomping.

Then again, they could have just made him that hardcore to instil respect, fear and "OMG THIS DUDE ROCKS" factor. Over-glorified to a harsh extent so that fans will react to him in some form, although I really wish they put his story about his mother and such in more detail in Suiko 2... :O
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Maybe Luca Blight was a representation of the Beast Rune cause he was a beast himself.

Was the beast Rune originally hidden in Muse or something cause it was awoken in Muse and then ended up in the Highland castle? Did someone have to transfer it or did the beast rune just migrate by itself somehow?

Actually since the beast rune was given to the BLight family it started from highland, got partially awoken in Muse, and then returned to Highland... how?
Strategy is the key to victory!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

The beast rune was owned by harmonia, but of its own will it left them and imbeded itself in castle L renou'lle in highland. Harmonia Lied to highland and said they gave it to them as a gift, the reason behind this was so they could have better relations with highland and use this misfortune as a political advantage
Last edited by son_michael on Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

how does the beast rune travel? by car, by foot, by air???
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It teleports itself.
I hope everything is going delicious.
darkness knight

that

Post by darkness knight »

Well 18 characters and wounded i highly doubt george prime es stronger than Luca (dont make a topic out of this) first of all riou fought against luca when luca was already all weak with so many arrows who wouldnt be ,he fought agaisnt the strongest teams in the suikoden army so if when he was at full energy and if he went one on one vs george i think luca would beat him up ,now luca seems to be nuts to get to the point of really killing his father so maybe since the begining the beast rune gave him power??? well thats just a theory i dont really know all i kno is that he is the strongest human character in suikoden 2 thats why he fought against 18 warriors lets not forget that he has a high magic defense and its a tank while still is fast (to be able to atack 3 times in a row needs some heave speed)
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

well George has better sword technique which is more important than brute strength when it comes to sword fighting. Also, George isn't a push-over either. I don't know why people are comparing a dead person (Luca) to a legend (George).
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

That goes back to some old thread with Luca & Georg. I guess some people would've liked to see these 2 tango to see who's better.
Liam

Post by Liam »

And that was one legendary thread, eh...

Shame that Luca and Georg didn't have chance to go one on one in Suikoden2, like you said BKY, I would really love to see them tango... :roll:
NChisholm

Post by NChisholm »

Luca was insane... maybe the insanity placed him beyond pain like a bad lsd trip... combined with the fact that he was very good at killing and a connsuumate warrior could explain his staying power
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Okay, his strength was a culmination of things.

Insanity
Natural Strength
Seemingly constant adrenaline
His rune
Hunger for Power

and

Typical plot.

Think about it. It starts off...main guy is too weak to beat insanely strong bad guy. Bad guy kills many people. In the end, good guy miraculously pulls off a win. Bad guy is in shock as he dies.

Now think back to every movie with goodguy/badguy/violence you've ever seen. How often does this happen? How often is the bad guy some rugged strong white dude. How often is the hero some handsome teenager/young man.

Come onnn! :D

Besides, it's the suikoden world, anythings possible. Ha