How could Luca fight wounded against 18 characters?

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

True Runes > everything else.

Murayama has already said that Luca is the strongest, the debate is over.

Yuber definitely cares for himself. Why else would he teleport away?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Someone without a True Rune battling someone with mastery over a True Rune and saying the person without the True Rune would win is just silly, no matter who it is.
I disagree with this. Having True Rune or not have no effect in a duel. Say for example Yuber vs Luca. Though Yuber has a True Rune, he'd still die if got stabbed by Luca. Luca has no True Rune, he'd die if got stabbed by Yuber. So it's very possible that Luca could defeat Yuber.
The battles in the game and the duels are completely game-play oriented. Whether or not you even damage Luca in the first two battles doesn't even affect the third battle at all. He still has 6,000 hit points in that final battle no matter what.
Actually Luca would have less HP in the third battle if you defeat him with Fliktor units.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Gau

Post by Gau »

I know this is technically gameplay instead of story, but in the battles in Suiko 3 when Yuber did that special sword attack against one person where he turned into 3 of himself, wasn't that his Hachifusa rune? I thought it was. And even though this is just gameplay, it still is story to a point, otherwise they wouldn't let him use the ability at all.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

The fact is it still took 3 groups to defeat Luca. Plus a whole lot more. That reguard less of game play.

As for why Yuber teleported away. Perhaps it was the rune that did. Who know but there is a chance Yuber is tired of living and he doesn't fully control his true rune.

EDIT: Also there can be a case where having a true rune can effect a duel. You got the Night rune and Sovereign rune. There proboly more.
Last edited by Blackhand jr on Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Gau wrote:in the battles in Suiko 3 when Yuber did that special sword attack against one person where he turned into 3 of himself, wasn't that his Hachifusa rune? I thought it was.
Hachifusa Rune is translated as Eightfold Rune. The one Yuber has in Suikoden 3 is Hachi-oni Rune (translated as Eight-Devil Rune). So it's not the same rune, and most definitely not the True Rune.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

My claim concerning Luca's health is substantiated by your earlier claims.

True Runes don't make people immortal, they just tip the scales.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I said that Luca would have the same hit points because that's something you said when you were correcting me ages ago on this very topic. O_o
I never said such thing. Here, I'll quote again what I have said in the past.
Last but not least, to say that Luca had 18,000 HP is still wrong because he only had around 6,000 HP. It's just that we fought him 3 times, not that he tripled his HP. To prove this, even if you never inflicted any damage to him during the first two units battle, he'd still have around 6,000 HP when Riou's party fought him, and definitely not 18,000 HP.
I assume this is what you were referring to (if I'm wrong, please quote the one you meant). So I'll clear this up.

1. If you don't hit Luca with Fliktor, then Luca would have around 6,000 HP (this is what I said back then). True
2. If you defeated Luca with Fliktor, then Luca would have less than 6,000 HP (this is what I said yesterday). True

I never once said that Luca would have had the same HP if Fliktor defeated him (read the bold part on the quote).
Jowy Atreides wrote:I was just saying that mastery over a True Rune would probably give him the upper hand in a duel against someone that doesn't have a True Rune.
Well the way you said that before (the one with silly part) made it sound as if non True Rune bearers can never defeat a True Rune bearer, which I disagree. But if your true intention was really just saying that it'll give the upper hand, then I agree with you.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

OK, I understand.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Emperor Algus

King Richard of England killed 15 of saladins men by himself

Post by Emperor Algus »

King Richard of England was retreting from Saladin when his freind fell behind.He would have been killed if Richard had not turned his horse and killed 15 trained men to save his friend.I do think what Luca did can be done.
Viktor The Bear

Post by Viktor The Bear »

Well... you see. Luca's strenght could perfectly be genetic, even coming from his dad. You know, Agares Blight doesn't seem to have been trained at military arts. With this we can conclude that he had the talent, but he never actually used it.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Really, Luca might have been taking some kind of drug so he wouldn't feel pain or hade trained insanely much and had very good genes. Maybe that wolf rune thingy that they got as a gift from Harmonia gave the Highland royalties insane powers but they was bound to that cursed rune.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Viktor The Bear wrote:Well... you see. Luca's strenght could perfectly be genetic, even coming from his dad. You know, Agares Blight doesn't seem to have been trained at military arts. With this we can conclude that he had the talent, but he never actually used it.
Genetics tend to skip a generation or generations some times, so the powerful one could be his grandfather or something, and still he could be the first to kind of "evolve" that way.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Arenegeth wrote:
Viktor The Bear wrote:Well... you see. Luca's strenght could perfectly be genetic, even coming from his dad. You know, Agares Blight doesn't seem to have been trained at military arts. With this we can conclude that he had the talent, but he never actually used it.
Genetics tend to skip a generation or generations some times, so the powerful one could be his grandfather or something, and still he could be the first to kind of "evolve" that way.
This is true in REAL LIFE. In games it doesn't have to be the same. Look at Emily, Ronnie Bell's daughter. Ronnie's talents sure didnt skip any generation. Don't get too scientific in arguements like this.

Luca's power is rooted in his hate for all City State citizens. He trained hard since he was a kid and his hate just fueled his strength even more. People can do amazing things out of rage.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Nash L.

Post by Nash L. »

Look, I realize that it is most speculation, but I liked the idea involving the Beast Rune and the Blight Legacy.
We know that the Beast Rune actually choose the Blight family as its owners. As a True Rune which can control anger, violence and cause so much bloodshed as caused in Muse, Luca and the Beast could really have some sort of connection.
Yes, I know this is speculation and can sound senseless, but it would explain Luca's fearlessness and insane demeanor, not only his mother's rape and death — you see how Jillia is different from his brother.
And, of course, puting it aside, I'll go with the genes theory. Highland forces seems rather stronger than normal armies. Jowston was fiercely defeated with a land three times bigger. Maybe Highlanders are biologically stronger than Jowston people or with a much war-based culture who impose discipline and military preparation since childhood (the Unicorn Brigade is an evidence).
Viktor The Bear

Post by Viktor The Bear »

What Nash said makes sense. People who are weaker physically would eventually die in a very military kingdom, which involves in war rather oftenly (as we know Jowston and Highland had many wars, as we know Highland is surrounded by powerful nations). It'd make a natural selection, which coud have made the Blight clan physically strong (as they don't seem a genius in intellectual areas...).